• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oceaniare is overpriced and mediocre food now. We used to go there every year for years on Valentine's day and the menu was good. Then every year, prices went up and it got to the point the selection wasn't as good. We just stopped going.

We were there recently and it was very good. Finish off with an awesome baked Alaska, served traditionally flaming. MMM...

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Call a restaurant, ask for the manager.

Sir/Maam, I am attending the NRA annual meetings this weekend. I was wondering if you have been approached by Moms Demand action, about posting one of their NO ENTRY with FIREARMS signs. Do you plan on posting them?

Yes: Thank you, Sir/Maam, I will tell my friends you are not good to spend our money and tip generously.

No: Thank you, I will tell my friends you are good to spend our money and tip generously.

This is the list of good to go Restaurants

It would be in your best interest to make reservations, soon. If you click on the map many offer online reservations.

Weber Grill

Harry and Izzy's
    Pullmans now know as Taggerts
    The Old Spaghetti Factory
    Bazbeauz's
    Bru Burge
    Matiot
    Cafe Patachou
    fat ROOSTER cafe
    Loughmiller's
    Buca Di Beppo
    Pizza Di Tito
    Fogo De Chao
    Palamino
    Spoke and Steel
    Ram Restaurant & Brewery
    Nine Irish Brothers
    Mikado
    1913 Restaurant
    Slippery Noodle Inn
    Told demanding mommies NO
    Tavern on South
    Calddag Irish Pub
    Told demanding mommies NO
    Pullmans' Restaurant & Bar
    Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery
    McCormick & Schmick's Seafood and Steakhouse
    Basey's Downtown Grill
    The Rathskeller
    Yats

This is the list of no go Restaurants

Circle Center Mall food court
    Nada
    Yard House
    The Capital Grill... NO OPEN CARRY

3 Dog Bakery
    This is a bakery for dogs accepted the sign from Mom's Demand and will post on Bulletin board inside establishment a

Robbies Pub, southport rd. No go. No gun sign in lobby.

Ziggys Bar and Grill, southport rd. No go. No gun sign on door.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yesterday ended up being much more busy than I thought it was going to be, I didn't get a chance to make any calls. I'm doing some today though, starting with the 'no carry' places.

I just got off the phone with Nada. Spoke with the manager. He said they've had a few inquiries and he spoke with the owner about it. The owner said it would remain a no firearm site, said some excuse about liability. I asked if there was a way to speak with the owner. The manager said he was an off site owner and no I could not speak with him about anything. The manager was pleasant about everything, but firm. I'll be posting to their facebook page soon, we'll see if it stays up and if it gets any comments.

Will make more calls this afternoon.

Edit, FB review is up.

Selection_002.jpg

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Please post any go or no go places so I can update Post #1.

I only called restaurants that had a fork and knife icon. If it just had a martini glass I did not call.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Ok, now for Yard House....

Yard House is a Darden restaurant. Darden's policy is to follow state/local laws. I called them to confirm this again.
    After that, I called the Indy Yard House, spoke with the manager.

She told me that "for the weekend it was permitted because the city lifted the ordnance to allow carry in the downtown area.". I asked her what ordnance. She said there is a city ordnance that made carry in the downtown area illegal and that it was lifted for the weekend because of the convention. :dunno::rolleyes:

I asked her if they had a no firearms sign, she said it has been taken down for the weekend only. After the convention was over then it was going back up. I asked her about this ordnance, she said she saw it on the news, and that she was told by corporate that it was ok to take it down just for the weekend.

I call complete :bs:
    To me it sounds like they've realized they are making a mistake and are going to lose a ton of money and this is their way of trying to limit that. Either way, she said the sign will go back up once the weekend is over. That makes them a permanent no go for me.

I really wanted to record these calls. My new phone doesn't have that capability though. I didn't have time to try and find a good app either.
    Probably not going to write a FB review for this one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yard House is a Darden restaurant. Darden's policy is to follow state/local laws. I called them to confirm this again.

She told me that "for the weekend it was permitted because the city lifted the ordnance to allow carry in the downtown area.". I asked her what ordnance. She said there is a city ordnance that made carry in the downtown area illegal and that it was lifted for the weekend because of the convention. :dunno::rolleyes:

I asked her if they had a no firearms sign, she said it has been taken down for the weekend only. After the convention was over then it was going back up. I asked her about this ordnance, she said she saw it on the news, and that she was told by corporate that it was ok to take it down just for the weekend.

To me it sounds like they've realized they are making a mistake and are going to lose a ton of money and this is their way of trying to limit that. Either way, she said the sign will go back up once the weekend is over. That makes them a permanent no go for me.

I really wanted to record these calls. My new phone doesn't have that capability though. I didn't have time to try and find a good app either.

That one sounds like its time for a follow-up in writing to management because they are painfully ignorant of the law.

They probably confused the lifting of the carry prohibition in the convention center. Depending on who is renting it, it leans toward a GFZ as I recall. (e.g. if the city is having an event, policy is no guns, but if NRA (or any other gun friendly org) rents it they are allowed to override it)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Thank you for tolerating that level of ignorance .

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

This saved my ass throughout my divorce and beyond...
    Put between your ear and ANY phone. Plugs into most voice recorders. There are a few types out there.

OD01FV6.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GU88CQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    That one sounds like its time for a follow-up in writing to management because they are painfully ignorant of the law.

They probably confused the lifting of the carry prohibition in the convention center. Depending on who is renting it, it leans toward a GFZ as I recall. (e.g. if the city is having an event, policy is no guns, but if NRA (or any other gun friendly org) rents it they are allowed to override it)

Yep. Before I called them I called Darden. I knew what their corporate policy was from previous calls about Olive Garden, I just wanted to make sure since it'd been a couple of years ago. The policy was still the same, follow state/local laws.

If Yard House wants to be a GFZ then that's fine, do it, but at the same time own it. This wishy washy crap and flat out lies to customers is complete bull****. The entire conversation was that way. They want their cake and to eat it as well.

I tried to explain to her about the preemption law, she didn't argue, but also didn't listen or show any interest in checking on it or following up. She "heard it on the news" so that was good enough. I didn't ask which network, should have. If anyone else calls today and gets this same BS story please ask for us so we can see the story.

Thank you for tolerating that level of ignorance .

It really wasn't that bad. She was pleasant to talk to, remained professional but spoke to me like a real person instead of a corporate head.

Facebook on the other hand would be a complete crapshow. I know better than to post a review about our conversation.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

She told me that "for the weekend it was permitted because...

I asked her if they had a no firearms sign, she said it has been taken down for the weekend only. After the convention was over then it was going back up...

If Yard House wants to be a GFZ then that's fine, do it, but at the same time own it.

So basically the manager and her restaurant are money grubbing whores. So listing it as a No Go out of principal is appropriate for gun owners. I wonder if the mommies and the antis would list the restaurant as a No Go for them too out of principal. After all, you either believe in the Constitutional right to carry or you don't. Love to see this restaurant put in a world of hurt from both sides and suffer because of it.

I am generally okay with the restaurants that ask for no open carry in an effort to keep everyone happy. Basically they want to run a business and are happy with anyone's money and don't wish to get caught in the middle. Just so long as they are polite, professional and consistent.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    So basically the manager and her restaurant are money grubbing whores. So listing it as a No Go out of principal is appropriate for gun owners. I wonder if the mommies and the antis would list the restaurant as a No Go for them too out of principal. After all, you either believe in the Constitutional right to carry or you don't. Love to see this restaurant put in a world of hurt from both sides and suffer because of it.

I am generally okay with the restaurants that ask for no open carry in an effort to keep everyone happy. Basically they want to run a business and are happy with anyone's money and don't wish to get caught in the middle. Just so long as they are polite, professional and consistent.

That's the way I'm looking at it. It was enough for me not to eat there because they were posted to start with. The wishy washy crap now even more so.

I'm almost tempted to contact MDA and ask what their opinion is on a formerly safe place flopping over and permitting guns at the whim of the NRA. Kind of point them in the general area of Yard House then yell fire for effect.

I really don't think I could stomach that conversation though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I digress.

Just for clarification, there is no Constitutional right to carry. There is a God given/natural right to self defense and the constitution forbids government from infringing upon it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They may be a good place for a hundred or so to have an open carry AR/AK event. Go in and order a glass of water.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ima gonna do Matz and eggs in the morning, just because I saw this! I’ll just have to grab another hundo from the ATM to cover the Shastealos bill. Most expensive “deli” food evah! But damn it’s good.

Top Bottom