if you have one of these badges***these guys want you for their club***

flamers.jpg

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".

seriously? pics?
    Badges...we don't need no stinkin' badges. :ar15:

or safeties, dont forget about the safeties

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    my edc includes a ccb. sometimes i cc the ccb. i've been in a couple situations where i wished i had a buccb. then mom yelled that dinner was ready and i had to go home. no big deal because the batteries in my rifle had just died anyways. :wallbash:

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Too dangerous...what if you flash it at the wrong time and someone sees it in the middle of an armed robbery? Your pumpkin is the first to get squashed. Plus it puts your family and others around you in danger. I've been a cop for a long time and when I'm off duty I keep my badge and ID in a totally different location than my wallet. No body needs to know. BH

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Why would it be in purple?? I think the badges are great. I've never had a problem while wearing one. Those that think they will cause you trouble have never worn one and are speculating. You should get one and try it out.

Where can I get some sew ons for my
    shirts and coats?

Thanks

Mark

Neilbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Indy
    Too dangerous...what if you flash it at the wrong time and someone sees it in the middle of an armed robbery? Your pumpkin is the first to get squashed. Plus it puts your family and others around you in danger. I've been a cop for a long time and when I'm off duty I keep my badge and ID in a totally different location than my wallet. No body needs to know. BH

I totally agree!! :yesway:

KevinS3928

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Petersburg, IN
    I wouldn't recommend one. All it will do is make people think you are a L.E.O. even if you never say it. Flashing one or wearing it in such a manner as to lead people to that conclusion could cause you to be charged with impersonation or acting under the color of authority depending on the Cop/DA involved. If you really feel the need for one, check with your local District Attorney's Office before using it in public.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just wanna be in this EPIC thread.

the CCW sash, or a badge COULD keep you from getting shot by the police incase you had to engage a bad guy in a public setting. just being honest. no one can tell me they wouldnt hessitate for at least a second if they saw a badge, and that would be more time to recognize friend or foe.

All you people saying that you could be arrested for impersonating are wrong in my opinion, because unless you are presenting yourself as a cop by words or actions (like trying to arrest people) then you are not impersonating.
    I can see where it would put the sheep at ease if you are OC'ing.

All that being said, I dont have a CC badge.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I just wanna be in this EPIC thread.

the CCW sash, or a badge COULD keep you from getting shot by the police incase you had to engage a bad guy in a public setting. just being honest. no one can tell me they wouldnt hessitate for at least a second if they saw a badge, and that would be more time to recognize friend or foe.

All you people saying that you could be arrested for impersonating are wrong in my opinion, because unless you are presenting yourself as a cop by words or actions (like trying to arrest people) then you are not impersonating.

All that being said, I dont have a CC badge.

Come on E%, what do you really think would happen if Dredd saw you with a CCB on?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

True, but only up until the BGs learn the ways of the mall ninja and start wearing the badges/sashes too.

If you are flashing it to get free fried pastries or free cover to a club with flesh covered by pasties (or pastie free I suppose), both of which are common uses for LEO badges and therefore would be construed as impersonating an officer.

The sheep are at ease if they don't know you are concealed carrying. If you are OC'ing, you should buy the Open Carry Badge instead of the Concealed Carry Badge to be less confusing.

Top Bottom