• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    My open carry badge is black, shaped exactly like a Springfield XD.45, and sits in a holster. I wore it to Sams the other day, everyone seemed to like it.

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    Badge

I don't think the badge idea is for me. I do not hide the fact that I carry. If a bad guy see's you carrying why would he risk confrontation? This is just my opinion that has served well for 25 years

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Even though they are wicked cool, I had to stop wearing mine. I just didn't have time to deal with all the chicks who came on to me.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    IC 35-44-2-3
    Impersonation of a public servant
    Sec. 3. A person who falsely represents that the person is a public servant, with intent to mislead and induce another person to submit to false official authority or otherwise to act to the other person's detriment in reliance on the false representation, commits impersonation of a public servant, a Class A misdemeanor. However, a person who falsely represents that the person is:
    (1) a law enforcement officer; or
    (2) an agent or employee of the department of state revenue, and collects any property from another person;
    commits a Class D felony.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.4. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.57; P.L.6-1987, SEC.21; P.L.214-1997, SEC.1.

I'd be real careful about flashing badges... If a jury can be convinced you were trying to get something as insignificant as a cover charged waived by appearing to be a cop you could end up a felon.

Best,

Joe

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Over on officer.com several officers said they'd be tempted to just arrest anyone who flashed a CCW badge at them, and some say they would arrest for them.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Over on officer.com several officers said they'd be tempted to just arrest anyone who flashed a CCW badge at them, and some say they would arrest for them.
    I typed in JBT.com and it redirected me to that site. Imagine that. I'm sure they would be tempted. Just like their tempted to arrest anyone with a gun. Or anyone who talks back to them.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I get dates with all kinds of women who are WAAAAY out of my league, because I have a badge that says "Female Body Inspector". Hot blonde nurses will fall for anything!!!1121!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'd be real careful about flashing badges... If a jury can be convinced you were trying to get something as insignificant as a cover charged waived by appearing to be a cop you could end up a felon.

Best,

Joe

there is no "official business" being handled in getting a free meal, or cover charge because the employee assumes something on their own with no coercion. Construing this as impersonating is a stretch even for the dumbest citizen that could sit on a jury. now if they said, "police" or tried to detain someone while acting like a cop or flashing their badge then thats impersonating. im not saying I agree or disagree with the CCB, but I dont agree for sure with locking up innocent people because someone is overzealous or jealous.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    there is no "official business" being handled in getting a free meal, or cover charge because the employee assumes something on their own with no coercion. Construing this as impersonating is a stretch even for the dumbest citizen that could sit on a jury. now if they said, "police" or tried to detain someone while acting like a cop or flashing their badge then thats impersonating. im not saying I agree or disagree with the CCB, but I dont agree for sure with locking up innocent people because someone is overzealous or jealous.

It doesn't have to be "official business". The next word is "or" followed by "otherwise to act to the other person's detriment". Waiving fees based upon a false representation is almost certainly going to meet that requirement.

Its good to know that you think I'm dumber than the "dumbest citizen that could sit on a jury". I find that a bit precious as I can recall more than one thread where you advocated activity which would likely make you eligible for time in the DOC.

For example:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sted_for_killing_kid_breaking_into_car-4.html

My post you quoted was merely a warning as to potential consequences. It is worth precisely what you paid for it. Feel free to ignore it to your hearts content.

Joe

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    E5,

since you seem to be a staunch supporter of the "CCW Sash", in your professional opinion, should the sash be donned before un-holstering the weapon, should it be amended to "Basic Rule #3", as "keep your finger off the trigger, until your sights are on target, and you have donned your CCW sash", or is it just stowed in your pocket. After the threat is neutralized, you call 911, tell them you need an ambulance for a GSW, and when LEO's arrive, you'll be the one wearing the green reflective sash?

the real possiblity here is that the BG's may try to circumvent the practice, by purchasing and wearing CCW sash's themselves, leaving LEO in another quandry.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It doesn't have to be "official business". The next word is "or" followed by "otherwise to act to the other person's detriment". Waiving fees based upon a false representation is almost certainly going to meet that requirement.

Its good to know that you think I'm dumber than the "dumbest citizen that could sit on a jury". I find that a bit precious as I can recall more than one thread where you advocated activity which would likely make you eligible for time in the DOC.

For example:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sted_for_killing_kid_breaking_into_car-4.html

My post you quoted was merely a warning as to potential consequences. It is worth precisely what you paid for it. Feel free to ignore it to your hearts content.

Joe

i wasnt calling you dumb, but your a lawyer and have one interpritation, and another lawyer will have another one, and so on. thats why we let a jury decide innocence or guilt and not the lawyer squad.

i wasnt attacking your intelligence when i made the jury statement, sorry you took it that way.

also im glad you love me so much you can find and remember old post of mine. would you like an autograph? I stand by what I wrote back then

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    also im glad you love me so much you can find and remember old post of mine. would you like an autograph? I stand by what I wrote back then

Yeah, kinda like you've stood behind your conclusory assertion from earlier this week that a "masterkey" type setup doesn't violate Indiana's SBS ban...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...egal_per_batfe_1_19_2011_a-4.html#post1624499

Oh, thats right, even after I gave you the cites you couldn't be bothered to even try back your claim up...

If you really act like you talk on the interwebz you are likely gonna make some defense attorney very wealthy some day...

Joe

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yeah, kinda like you've stood behind your conclusory assertion from earlier this week that a "masterkey" type setup doesn't violate Indiana's SBS ban...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...egal_per_batfe_1_19_2011_a-4.html#post1624499

Oh, thats right, even after I gave you the cites you couldn't be bothered to even try back your claim up...

If you really act like you talk on the interwebz you are likely gonna make some defense attorney very wealthy some day...

Joe

i didnt even see your response at the end. I hadnt opened that thread again. I was corrected in my assessment in the thread. You quoted me the law that was written for people who have to go to school to even understand it and then they dont even agree on it with other people who went to the same schools to understand the same laws as they were written, by people who passed the laws that they didnt understand when they passed them. big deal, i can be wrong, im human, Im not a robolawyer, im a regular guy. Its not like I was the one asking, or that I had went out and made or bought one and was then defending my actions. It was a discussion. you can **** me. the law isnt always right including that law, and even if a law is the law it doesnt mean i or anyone is going to 100% obey it. (speeding, no guns in parks, etc) sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose because sometimes its so wrong it should be disobeyed. your in a profession of some who make a living off helping clients who skirt the law so im sure you understand that! I do my best in life. if it doesnt live up to fargo standards, you can bet, I wont be losing one night of sleep or freedom over it. This isnt court. you can spin my comments all you want, but at the end of the day, you have your opinion and I have mine. both count just as equally as the other. yeah, thats right we are both men and equals. no matter what you think of yourself. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    images

Top Bottom