osr96f.jpg
    [/IMG]

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I can't speak highly enough about the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model in 9mm. It's everything fun about a 1911 with the affordability of 9mm. Mine has been my EDC once I vetted it for a couple hundred rounds, and it's so far run like a sewing machine. The recoil is silly soft for such a small package, and I've found it to be a very accurate shooter. As far as 1911s go I'm a huge DW fan with both a Vigil Commander and an ECO in 9mm. The ECO > the SR1911 Officer's Model, but honestly I can't find a single fault with the Ruger. And it's just over half the price of the ECO. Economical fun and reliability in a 1911 platform that won't break the bank.

MwS5zXn.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.:):

You will not go wrong with the RO series from SA. I get a lot of crap because of the political idiocy that Springfield was caught up in but they all do what they do. Pick your poison. Mine is SA.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    OP - I know I was just chestbeating on the SR1911 platform earlier, but I saw this and cannot imagine it wouldn't check all your boxes right out of the gate. If it weren't for round #2 of blinds for the new pad cutting into my fun fund, I'd be adding this to my cart instead of sharing this link. Maybe a little upscale for your first 1911... but why not?? This is a sweet price for a brand-new Valor.

http://grabagun.com/cz-dw-v-bob-9

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP - I know I was just chestbeating on the SR1911 platform earlier, but I saw this and cannot imagine it wouldn't check all your boxes right out of the gate. If it weren't for round #2 of blinds for the new pad cutting into my fun fund, I'd be adding this to my cart instead of sharing this link. Maybe a little upscale for your first 1911... but why not?? This is a sweet price for a brand-new Valor.

Linky no worky

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I can't believe how expensive blinds (window coverings) are! We live in a mid-century home (read lot's of windows and odd sizes) so we are doing just a couple windows at a time. The room darkening versions really get us. It's like $200 to do one window set in our bedroom and we have three!

This is why I only own 1 gun.:cool:

But I'm okay. It's an investment that I will recoup when I sell the house. Just like the rest of the renovations.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I can't believe how expensive blinds (window coverings) are! We live in a mid-century home (read lot's of windows and odd sizes) so we are doing just a couple windows at a time. The room darkening versions really get us. It's like $200 to do one window set in our bedroom and we have three!

This is why I only own 1 gun.:cool:

But I'm okay. It's an investment that I will recoup when I sell the house. Just like the rest of the renovations.
    Yowza, $200 a window?!? I'm over $1200 for both floors, but mine are more like $60 average per window, with doubles being not quite twice that. It's a racket, but my stripper wife likes her privacy I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yowza, $200 a window?!? I'm over $1200 for both floors, but mine are more like $60 average per window, with doubles being not quite twice that. It's a racket, but my stripper wife likes her privacy I guess.

About 10 years ago I bought a set of custom blinds for a planned kitchen upgrade. Fast forward and life happens. We are just now re-doing the kitchen and the spouse let me know she had not forgotten the $300 custom blinds that lived on the shelf in the shed for 10 years.
    Window coverings are insanely expensive.

Top Bottom