osr96f.jpg
    [/IMG]

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I can't speak highly enough about the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model in 9mm. It's everything fun about a 1911 with the affordability of 9mm. Mine has been my EDC once I vetted it for a couple hundred rounds, and it's so far run like a sewing machine. The recoil is silly soft for such a small package, and I've found it to be a very accurate shooter. As far as 1911s go I'm a huge DW fan with both a Vigil Commander and an ECO in 9mm. The ECO > the SR1911 Officer's Model, but honestly I can't find a single fault with the Ruger. And it's just over half the price of the ECO. Economical fun and reliability in a 1911 platform that won't break the bank.

MwS5zXn.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.:):

You will not go wrong with the RO series from SA. I get a lot of crap because of the political idiocy that Springfield was caught up in but they all do what they do. Pick your poison. Mine is SA.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    OP - I know I was just chestbeating on the SR1911 platform earlier, but I saw this and cannot imagine it wouldn't check all your boxes right out of the gate. If it weren't for round #2 of blinds for the new pad cutting into my fun fund, I'd be adding this to my cart instead of sharing this link. Maybe a little upscale for your first 1911... but why not?? This is a sweet price for a brand-new Valor.

http://grabagun.com/cz-dw-v-bob-9

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP - I know I was just chestbeating on the SR1911 platform earlier, but I saw this and cannot imagine it wouldn't check all your boxes right out of the gate. If it weren't for round #2 of blinds for the new pad cutting into my fun fund, I'd be adding this to my cart instead of sharing this link. Maybe a little upscale for your first 1911... but why not?? This is a sweet price for a brand-new Valor.

Linky no worky

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I can't believe how expensive blinds (window coverings) are! We live in a mid-century home (read lot's of windows and odd sizes) so we are doing just a couple windows at a time. The room darkening versions really get us. It's like $200 to do one window set in our bedroom and we have three!

This is why I only own 1 gun.:cool:

But I'm okay. It's an investment that I will recoup when I sell the house. Just like the rest of the renovations.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I can't believe how expensive blinds (window coverings) are! We live in a mid-century home (read lot's of windows and odd sizes) so we are doing just a couple windows at a time. The room darkening versions really get us. It's like $200 to do one window set in our bedroom and we have three!

This is why I only own 1 gun.:cool:

But I'm okay. It's an investment that I will recoup when I sell the house. Just like the rest of the renovations.
    Yowza, $200 a window?!? I'm over $1200 for both floors, but mine are more like $60 average per window, with doubles being not quite twice that. It's a racket, but my stripper wife likes her privacy I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yowza, $200 a window?!? I'm over $1200 for both floors, but mine are more like $60 average per window, with doubles being not quite twice that. It's a racket, but my stripper wife likes her privacy I guess.

About 10 years ago I bought a set of custom blinds for a planned kitchen upgrade. Fast forward and life happens. We are just now re-doing the kitchen and the spouse let me know she had not forgotten the $300 custom blinds that lived on the shelf in the shed for 10 years.
    Window coverings are insanely expensive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom