Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The interesting thing about this, that some people are overlooking, is that fact that the OP's home has probably been "flagged." Had he been CC'ing, the Officer would have never known.... but now they do...

:shady:
    From listening to the scanner I can tell you that when an officer is dispatched to an address the dispatcher will, quite often, tell the officer "triple p to Mr. (or Miss.) xyz at that address." I don't know if they do it for every address that has a LTCH at it or not, but, in Hammond, the home is already flagged.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Interestingly enough I probably carry more at home then when I am out. Honestly there is as great or maybe a greater chance of being assaulted in the home. In public there are witnesses. I might even OC. Why? Because it is my property! Usually I just pocket carry a J frame because I wouldn't want to make the LEO down the street nervous.

Not wanting to belittle the sacrifices of law enforcement professionals, but the job is not the most dangerous profession out there. On job fatalities are common in a lot of professions. Interestingly enough we still get up, put on our boots and go to work. If the mere presence of a gun makes a LEO nervous then they should find another profession. Seeing guns do not make me nervous, its the guns you don't see that you have to worry about.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    From listening to the scanner I can tell you that when an officer is dispatched to an address the dispatcher will, quite often, tell the officer "triple p to Mr. (or Miss.) xyz at that address." I don't know if they do it for every address that has a LTCH at it or not, but, in Hammond, the home is already flagged.

triple p ?? :dunno:

what did E5 get banned for I'm looking for an interesting read?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    triple p ?? :dunno:

what did E5 get banned for I'm looking for an interesting read?
    You won't find anything interesting in the open Forum.
    The Mods erased all of the extremely insulting things that he and others posted.
    However If you ask nicely they might give you a peek "behind the scenes" since I'm pretty sure they tucked those posts away in case anyone tries to claim that the bans were unfounded. ;)

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Back on topic are there any LEO's on here that carry at home 24/7 and if so same scenario would you leave in the house? Just curious.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So he can expect harassment and retribution now? What other legitimate purpose would "flagging" serve? :dunno:

Trust me, when youre running signal 10 to a domestic, with the possibility of it becoming violent, youre thankful for that info. The military mindset, is one I don't think should have a regular place in law enforcement, so it's always nice to remember that sometime it needs to be turned on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back on topic are there any LEO's on here that carry at home 24/7 and if so same scenario would you leave in the house? Just curious.

I would have left it in the house... I would have put on a tshirt, flip flops... bada bing bada boom... get off my property copper!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'm retired and I still carry 24/7.
    I've had enough "tough guys" threaten me over the years that I don't intend to give any of them a free shot.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I would have left it in the house... I would have put on a tshirt, flip flops... bada bing bada boom... get off my property copper!
    Was that supposed to be in purple? My question was serious although if you are a cop can you do your own VIN check?:dunno:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Officers are nervous because 38 of them have been murdered so far this year by gunfire.
    He didn't know you personally and had no way of knowing if you were a decent guy, or someone who called an LEO to his house with the intention of ambushing him.
    (Yup, that's happened this year.)
    Sounds like he was professional, and courteous, and you acted politely and without provocation. :yesway:

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Since 1985, police have murdered nearly 400 innocent people. Soldiers get shot at every day. Do they offer their opinion that Iraqis shouldn't keep AKs in their homes? Until Police Officers start walking around unarmed, they need to keep their stupid mouths shut about We The People keeping and bearing arms out in public, let alone on our own **** property. After all, how do we know they aren't going to murder us, like they did those other nearly 400 innocent victims?

I honestly wouldn't have said anything about him OCing on his property. But, in the back of my mind, I would be asking myself "why" a person at his own residence, would be carrying a weapon on his hip.

:dunno:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_bur-crime-burglaries
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_ass-crime-assaults
    Auto theft statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime
    Rapes statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster
    Robberies statistics - Countries compared - NationMaster

Just my opinion, but why create a potential uncomfortable situation? I am a firm believer in protecting one's rights, but there is a time and place for everything.

I don't think anyone who open carries does it to make other people uncomfortable. I also have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who is "uncomfortable" with people open carrying, whilst they, themselves, are open carrying a firearm. :n00b:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Clearly a case of "this is OK for me but not for you". About like those liberal media types that are openly anti-gun and then later it's revealed that THEY CARRY A GUN.

I propose a new Number One Rule for LEOs....or perhaps for ALL public servants?

Don't be a DICK.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Clearly a case of "this is OK for me but not for you". About like those liberal media types that are openly anti-gun and then later it's revealed that THEY CARRY A GUN.

I propose a new Number One Rule for LEOs....or perhaps for ALL public servants?

Don't be a DICK.

Impossible. EVERYONE has a day that they are a dick. LEO and non leo

Top Bottom