• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not going anywhere. Not doing anything differently than I do for a normal flu season. I did take the opportunity to clean out my pantry and put back some canned/dry goods, but I needed to do that anyway. Bought some OTC meds for symptoms. That's about it. :dunno:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm bugging back into a city I heard some choice properties will be vacated in some sweet areas. Pic a county with liberal courts and it might take more than three months to kick you out.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    If you're thinking of bugging out/in due to COVID-19, then you also should have bugged out/in back in November to avoid the flu season as well.

The CDC estimates there have been 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from flu so far this season. And it's not over yet. :runaway:

But the Horror lies with COVID-19. The flu just doesn’t bring the Horror.
    People want the Horror!

Gaterboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2019
    Bloomfield
    If your not ready I am afraid you maybe a little late. Although you should take this relative quiet time to stock up on otc meds and emergency supply non perishable food and water that is just common sense. Be able to shelter in place if need be. But I still believe this is hyped up but better to be ready than not.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Concentrating on comfort foods for the Pooh's Breath contingency plan. Will have to bug out when the comfort food runs out.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If you're thinking of bugging out/in due to COVID-19, then you also should have bugged out/in back in November to avoid the flu season as well.

The CDC estimates there have been 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from flu so far this season. And it's not over yet. :runaway:

From the current numbers it looks like the fatality rate for COVID-19 is around 2% vs .1% for seasonal flu. COVID-19 spreads easier than seasonal flu. Seasonal flu infects about 26 million a year. If COVID-19 reaches the infection rate of seasonal flu, then you are looking at above 500k deaths.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am keeping close tabs on the Corona Virus. I am fully prepped and ready to take the family and head to my cabin and bunker down to avoid contamination and ride out a pandemic.

Question is......when to bug out?
    If you're gonna bug out I think the time has passed. Hate to tell you but It's already among us. Once illness pops up it's already been around for 2 weeks. If you have the means to cut yourself and family off from the world for a couple months, do it. Why not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    From the current numbers it looks like the fatality rate for COVID-19 is around 2% vs .1% for seasonal flu. COVID-19 spreads easier than seasonal flu. Seasonal flu infects about 26 million a year. If COVID-19 reaches the infection rate of seasonal flu, then you are looking at above 500k deaths.
    The worldwide average is over 3% as of today according to the WHO.
    But the death rates are dramatically different for certain age groups

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just plan on getting it and kicking the bucket. Deep 6. Davey Jones locker. Shellback shelf. I'll probably find all my guns I lost in my boating accident.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There’s a YouTube series by a guy named Dr. John Campbell that’s really good to watch. No drama but just simple daily briefing on where things are and some thoughts on where they might be heading. Each update is about 20 minutes and he is not shy about calling groups out that are doing dumb stuff.

He sited the death rate is reported to be between 1% and 3.4% depending on the area.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Bugging out = no paycheck = no paying rent = no home to come back to. So, yeah, not going anywhere.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    i am curious what big brother is going to do after they order in home lockdowns and then people experience the above. Order businesses to pay anyway? Unemployment?

Last I checked we don't have national quarantine insurance, so I'm pretty sure the answer is "pound sand" as far as .gov is concerned. They have broad power to take away your civil liberties via quarantine and no obligation to compensate you for losses incurred. As far as your employer is concerned, you're failing to show up for your scheduled shifts, so that's firing with cause and no unemployment for you.

So yeah, if that's the way the cookie crumbles, I feel precious little guilt about indirectly killing a few of my elderly coworkers to keep a roof overhead. Those ****ers are occupying full time positions with cushy benefits that I'd like to move into, so it's win/win. I don't get paid a dime unless I'm in this chair, so as far as I'm concerned the consequences are on my employer for denying me sick time or paid leave.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My employer will gladly have me work from home and suspend all face to face visits with customers for a couple weeks if that keeps me and others around me healthy. Several of my customers have already stopped any visits to their facilities and they aren't visiting any. If needed, they will do a WebEx or Skype call.

I work in the automotive industry where there is a lot of interaction between China, Japan, Europe and the U.S. Would be easy to do some widespread sharing of viruses.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I work in a facility within Indianapolis that is more regulated than most. I don't work for them, but am an outside contractor that works within their facility daily.

We got new "precautionary" measures implemented. If you have been to China, Iran, Italy, or South Korea in the past 14; or if you are feeling sick, you are to "take time off" and self-quarantine for 14 days. There is also a questionnaire for visitors who are not badged in to the facility, basically asking if they have been to those countries or have been feeling sick lately, if so, they are not allowed in.

Top Bottom