• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Big public entertainment venues would seem like the first thing that leadership would discourage people from attending, but then they make a great deal of money. I'll be curious to see how that resolves with things like the NCAA and playoff games.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At an Indy Fuel hockey game last night, the concession stands no longer have large pump-type condiment dispensers. Everything is individual packets. The concession workers said this is because of the current COVID-19 situation. I guess they don't want a bunch of people pushing on the same lever to put ketchup and mustard on their fries and hotdogs.

Isnt this a precaution that should be followed all the time? Are all the protocols they are promoting what we should be following all the time? Time is money, I can't afford to be sick nor do I want to feel bad. I have always been cognizant of how even simple colds are spread and actively do the work necessary to avoid them. We live in a period of arrogant affluence that folks believe that they do not have to work to avoid illness and then they want a pill to "cure" it, swamping our healthcare system...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And just how many of you sanitize your phone, and how often? Clean mine with alcohol wipes once a day and after being in proximity of noticeably sick people. Use sanitizer wipes I keep in the truck and at home.

Live healthy my friends. Doggydaddy, looking at you... LOL

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Jeez. I roll in the mud, get splattered in cow $h! Train too freakin hard and only get sick when wife and kid bring home different things at the same time.

Though i wont lick and Chinese or Italian doorknobs soon.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Live your lives people. Wash your hands, if someone is sick , avoid them. Other then that, enjoy life. Bugging out or bugging in isn’t a video game like a lot of people on the net like to think it is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Jeez. I roll in the mud, get splattered in cow $h! Train too freakin hard and only get sick when wife and kid bring home different things at the same time.

Though i wont lick and Chinese or Italian doorknobs soon.

This is a common response, but totally irrelevant. It ain't about dirt, farm *****, heck, many of us grew up on that. This is about disease and viruses, that you get them from the wife and kids is telling. Most of us live or work in close proximity to many people, steps must be taken to keep that crud they carry and trade back and forth away.

If the family has the crud you need to stay out of their faces, wash your hands often, do not put your fingers near your eyes or nose, boost vitamin C. If you feel the slightest symptoms, itchy eyes, unexplained sneeze, nose tickle, take quality raw honey and boost zinc intake. Honey has a natural antibiotic in it. Some studies have shown it more effective than OTC stuff costing many times more.

Maybe you can afford to be sick or not feel well, I cannot...

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    You should have been practicing a bit of social distancing and hyper-vigilant hand washing/sanitizing about a month and a half ago...

At this point, you ought to be prepared to shelter in place for a couple weeks, should you be required to self-quarantine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And just how many of you sanitize your phone, and how often? Clean mine with alcohol wipes once a day and after being in proximity of noticeably sick people. Use sanitizer wipes I keep in the truck and at home.

Live healthy my friends. Doggydaddy, looking at you... LOL
    Hey! Pee on your own phone! :p

josh64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    You'll know it's too late to "bug out" when the ng and remaining indy police have employed the "sound barrier" around 465 as the quarantine perimeter.

:D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The company that I work for has started to 'strongly suggest' limiting personal travel to within 150 miles from home until the end of May. Not company travel, personal travel. Not much they can do about it other than now allow you to enter the building for 14 days after return, but just thought that interesting.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The company that I work for has started to 'strongly suggest' limiting personal travel to within 150 miles from home until the end of May. Not company travel, personal travel. Not much they can do about it other than now allow you to enter the building for 14 days after return, but just thought that interesting.

I have a co-worker that flew out to Vegas this past week for the Con Agra show. Thousands of people from all over the world plus the airports. If I was her boss, I wouldn't let her come in the office tomorrow.

Disclaimer: some of us, including her can easily work from home.

Top Bottom