• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    There is also a questionnaire for visitors who are not badged in to the facility, basically asking if they have been to those countries or have been feeling sick lately, if so, they are not allowed in.
    So basically the honor system.

I need to to work to make my mortgage payment or feed my kids this week. I don’t feel sick. Do I answer yes to a disqualifying question?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    So basically the honor system.

I need to to work to make my mortgage payment or feed my kids this week. I don’t feel sick. Do I answer yes to a disqualifying question?

I was wondering the same thing. :dunno:

I have some PTO time I could burn up though, maybe I'm starting to develop a cough...better stay home for a few days til I feel better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From the current numbers it looks like the fatality rate for COVID-19 is around 2% vs .1% for seasonal flu. COVID-19 spreads easier than seasonal flu. Seasonal flu infects about 26 million a year. If COVID-19 reaches the infection rate of seasonal flu, then you are looking at above 500k deaths.

The worldwide average is over 3% as of today according to the WHO.
    But the death rates are dramatically different for certain age groups

That and since we don't have the true denominator value on the fraction, it is kind of hard to factor the real %... lack of testing and test kits hinders knowing true values as do other factors.

I work in a facility within Indianapolis that is more regulated than most. I don't work for them, but am an outside contractor that works within their facility daily.

We got new "precautionary" measures implemented. If you have been to China, Iran, Italy, or South Korea in the past 14; or if you are feeling sick, you are to "take time off" and self-quarantine for 14 days. There is also a questionnaire for visitors who are not badged in to the facility, basically asking if they have been to those countries or have been feeling sick lately, if so, they are not allowed in.

Saw this as well, and heard certain sites even within Indy area at this same organization are locking down tighter on visitors than that (to protect mfg and other processes). Going to continue to get interesting.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My employer will gladly have me work from home and suspend all face to face visits with customers for a couple weeks if that keeps me and others around me healthy. Several of my customers have already stopped any visits to their facilities and they aren't visiting any. If needed, they will do a WebEx or Skype call.

I work in the automotive industry where there is a lot of interaction between China, Japan, Europe and the U.S. Would be easy to do some widespread sharing of viruses.

Yep, similar, so far my employer seems to be moving in the correct directions on this, with a few mixed messages in there, but so far those mixed messages are not impacting me as yet.

Several large companies have also announced they (at least for now) will continue to pay hourly workers that mostly serve to keep the facilities running for their other employees, even during these site shutdowns, etc.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    From the current numbers it looks like the fatality rate for COVID-19 is around 2% vs .1% for seasonal flu. COVID-19 spreads easier than seasonal flu. Seasonal flu infects about 26 million a year. If COVID-19 reaches the infection rate of seasonal flu, then you are looking at above 500k deaths.

Those numbers are based on the amount of infected people. Once the amount goes up, which it will, the percentage of fatalities will go down. Please step away from the tin-foil hats.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    At an Indy Fuel hockey game last night, the concession stands no longer have large pump-type condiment dispensers. Everything is individual packets. The concession workers said this is because of the current COVID-19 situation. I guess they don't want a bunch of people pushing on the same lever to put ketchup and mustard on their fries and hotdogs.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    The time is now!!! The first case has been reported here in Marion County at Community North Hospital (area of Shadeland and E 82nd St)

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    As far as your employer is concerned, you're failing to show up for your scheduled shifts, so that's firing with cause and no unemployment for you.

State reps have said, and it's on video, If you're infected, stay home. Unemployment should have to be paid to someone following State government instructions.

Flip side, the medical practice I work for sent out an email 3/5/20 stating if we have COVOID-19, STAY HOME, contacted all of upper management, and do not return to work until we have been medically cleared and our company medical director approves it. I've saved that email and forwarded it to my personal email also. I will get my unemployment if terminated.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My worry would be if my employer declares an emergency, and I'm "locked in".
    If I'm locked in, and leave, I no longer have a job and the union will have a next to impossible job of saving my job.

Locked out.. I can survive for a bit on savings.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At an Indy Fuel hockey game last night, the concession stands no longer have large pump-type condiment dispensers. Everything is individual packets. The concession workers said this is because of the current COVID-19 situation. I guess they don't want a bunch of people pushing on the same lever to put ketchup and mustard on their fries and hotdogs.
    I've never liked that anyways. Most people are freaking disgusting.
    I also hate grabbing my coke lids from the same stack as everyone else and the non wrapped straw dispensers at some places like Costco.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, maybe this is a good time to learn to not be disgusting.

It's hard to imagine how a lot of concessions and even restaurants for that matter have gotten away with having open stuff for every nasty person to touch?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

But everybody's grubby hands are digging through the packets of condiments, so... :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    But everybody's grubby hands are digging through the packets of condiments, so... :dunno:
    Yes, it would take quite a procedure to get food and drink, pay, put condiments on, and sanitize hands before touching any food and eating. Every time you hold your cup or help your kid or whatever you have to sanitize your hand. So to all the people comparing to flu and asking why don't we worry like this, it's because it's hard.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    The craziest thing of all.... This is what it takes for people to WASH THEIR DAMN HANDS. You know how many people I see walk out of pooper's at work and go straight out the door? I called a guy out the other day and he just shrugged and walked away. Probably had doo doo on his hands to lol. :xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The craziest thing of all.... This is what it takes for people to WASH THEIR DAMN HANDS. You know how many people I see walk out of pooper's at work and go straight out the door? I called a guy out the other day and he just shrugged and walked away. Probably had doo doo on his hands to lol. :xmad:

Where do you work?

:xmad:

Top Bottom