KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep. Plus, the grass is greening up and mine might be ready to mow this week. But...I just had a hernia fixed a couple weeks ago and with the restrictions, it really puts the ki-Bosch on lots of stuff. (I wish I’d followed a church friend’s advice and had this done back in the earlier part of winter.)
    Hoping for a speedy recovery GFGT!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Has anyone tried CBD to stop Wu-Flu? Better yet THC. The entertainment in what followed would be EPIC!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Email in Wisconsin

This is a private email passed from one professional in Wisconsin to another. It doesn't violate copyright laws so I am going to post it in its entirety considering the severity of the virus. I have also changed names to protect the privacy of these professionals.

You all may not know it, but I am involved with a national organization called Take Heart America, and also with the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation. As such, I have become involved in some of the latest research and have been able to meet and get to know some of the leading emergency and cardiac medicine doctors in the world. Tonight I was emailing with one of them, and he sent me what I can only describe as 'a real wake-up call' in response to my suggesting that we get together. I am sharing this with you and my friends and family in the hopes that it gets the unvarnished truth out about what is going on in terms of the corona virus. The email went as follows:
    Mark,
    As a good friend, I want to communicate the following information about COVID-19. . Please do not misinterpret my communication. I am not sending this to scare you, just to provide you with the latest, and most reliable information healthcare providers have received to prepare for this pandemic, so you and your wife can make informed decisions for yourself. The major points (as of today – this is rapidly evolving) are as follows:

1. This is serious.
    2. Half of all deaths are under age 50.
    3. Anecdotally, XXX has 2 patients with COVID-19 on ECMO - one previously healthy 27 year old and one previously healthy 30 year old.
    4. With COVID-19 infections, there appears to be a component of direct infection of the heart, decreasing strength of the pumping action of the heart. Older people and people with cardiac and pulmonary conditions are at further, increased risk.
    5. There is no known effective treatment.
    6. Many patients with COVID-19 and symptoms are presenting to the emergency department only with upper respiratory complaints or a cough – no fever.
    7. Following infection with COVID-19, there is an asymptomatic period of 2-9 days where people spread the disease to those they come into contact with. For every known case, there are at least 10 asymptomatic cases spreading the disease.
    8. Thus, the number of asymptomatic infected people actively spreading the virus in public settings is exponentially higher right now than the number of known cases.
    9. Fr******** ED had its first confirmed case Saturday. Yesterday they had 6 confirmed cases. The rate is rising exponentially.
    10. The only known effective way to not get this disease is strict social isolation now (not next week!).

This disease is unprecedented in any human experience in the last 100 years (since the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918). Given the available information today, my personal advice is to consider COVID-19 like a possible fatal disease in your decision-making. Example: what is the benefit of going to the restaurant tonight and having a wonderful dinner with my wife versus do I want to risk possibly getting a potentially fatal disease? That is the analogy for the meaning of “strict, social isolation”. Go in your house, shut the door, and don't come out. Timing is everything. The rate of known cases will exponentially increase by the day. “Now” versus “next week” matters.

Not widely appreciated is that the expected duration of the need for this kind of strict social isolation is in the approximate range of at least 4-6 months. Wisconsin is expected to peak for known cases by mid to late May. It will also probably take just as long for it to taper off (IF social isolation compliance is effective).

Accordingly, the responsible suggested recommendations are to cancel all in-person meetings. Do everything remotely. Stay home. Wash your hands frequently (use hand sanitizer). Sanitize your computer keyboard, cell phone, and surfaces at home frequently. Don't touch your face. Order groceries by delivery, if possible. Leave home only when absolutely necessary and then follow the "at least 6 foot rule" - keep at least 6 feet between you and the other person.

You and I are at further, increased risk. In response to your request to meet in several weeks to discuss XXX, let's do it by phone or computer.

Again, I don't want to scare you. However, we all need to have the correct information (the government has done an absolutely shameful job until the past few days) and respect this pandemic, and then keep it simple, do some basic things, implement strict isolation by the definition above, keep positive, and provide leadership institutionally, locally, and at home and with your loved ones and friends.

Hunker down, and...stay healthy!

May God protect us all from this pestilence.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Is there a way we could all agree to only post things from confirmed sources? We have enough secret squirrel emails from a guy who knows a guy who knows someone he can’t mention. I just don’t know how we are helping ourselves or others by posting these things. I mean no disrespect to anyone in particular, but we need to do better.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is there a way we could all agree to only post things from confirmed sources? We have enough secret squirrel emails from a guy who knows a guy who knows someone he can’t mention. I just don’t know how we are helping ourselves or others by posting these things. I mean no disrespect to anyone in particular, but we need to do better.

^this!
    Plus can we stop with all the NON C-virus chatter and funnies.
    2 pages of post of people just posting side bar conversations.
    If you want to talk about that go to the main breakroom unofficial status update or create a new post.

Seems like we lost smokingman already with his info links.
    It's hard enough to keep up on the real info with everyone else having sidebars in here.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

We have a winner!

Bought two packs of rolls of shop towels at Rural King this morning. They are softer and more absorbent than paper towels. I use a lot of them anyway but found it humorous that they were displayed where the toilet paper had been. The power of suggestion applied to marketing!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Agreed!

Keeping this thread serious and on point with verifiable links would be great.

There are plenty of other threads (too many) for bull:poop:.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    ^this!
    Plus can we stop with all the NON C-virus chatter and funnies.
    2 pages of post of people just posting side bar conversations.
    If you want to talk about that go to the main breakroom unofficial status update or create a new post.

Seems like we lost smokingman already with his info links.
    It's hard enough to keep up on the real info with everyone else having sidebars in here.
    I’m in for that, my apologies for past contributions. For those of us who have been in this this whole time it was just pretty easy to do (you know, welcome to ingo and all that).

I think smokingman will be back, he has a lot in his plate. Be nice to be able to tag people but I’m sure he’ll find it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My sister knows a guy that told her that some chick he "knew" when he roadied for the "Dead" told him that a guy on the radio once said that some people in russia were looking into claims that a guy once told them that somewhere back in the day they knew this dude that was in Wal Mart once and heard a cashier tell a guy that a friend of hers told him that he read something on the internet that said this guy used to tell a story about knowing a guy that knew a guy that dated his sister that later found out that he was cheating on her because the dudes buddy told her so after pulling into the wrong space at the pickup lot at kroger. . . . .

Wait, what were we talking about?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

This. For the love of god this. Stop with the fear-mongering regurgitation of BS.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Email in Wisconsin

This is a private email passed from one professional in Wisconsin to another. It doesn't violate copyright laws so I am going to post it in its entirety considering the severity of the virus. I have also changed names to protect the privacy of these professionals.

You all may not know it, but I am involved with a national organization called Take Heart America, and also with the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation. As such, I have become involved in some of the latest research and have been able to meet and get to know some of the leading emergency and cardiac medicine doctors in the world. Tonight I was emailing with one of them, and he sent me what I can only describe as 'a real wake-up call' in response to my suggesting that we get together. I am sharing this with you and my friends and family in the hopes that it gets the unvarnished truth out about what is going on in terms of the corona virus. The email went as follows:
    Mark,
    As a good friend, I want to communicate the following information about COVID-19. . Please do not misinterpret my communication. I am not sending this to scare you, just to provide you with the latest, and most reliable information healthcare providers have received to prepare for this pandemic, so you and your wife can make informed decisions for yourself. The major points (as of today – this is rapidly evolving) are as follows:

1. This is serious.
    2. Half of all deaths are under age 50.
    3. Anecdotally, XXX has 2 patients with COVID-19 on ECMO - one previously healthy 27 year old and one previously healthy 30 year old.
    4. With COVID-19 infections, there appears to be a component of direct infection of the heart, decreasing strength of the pumping action of the heart. Older people and people with cardiac and pulmonary conditions are at further, increased risk.
    5. There is no known effective treatment.
    6. Many patients with COVID-19 and symptoms are presenting to the emergency department only with upper respiratory complaints or a cough – no fever.
    7. Following infection with COVID-19, there is an asymptomatic period of 2-9 days where people spread the disease to those they come into contact with. For every known case, there are at least 10 asymptomatic cases spreading the disease.
    8. Thus, the number of asymptomatic infected people actively spreading the virus in public settings is exponentially higher right now than the number of known cases.
    9. Fr******** ED had its first confirmed case Saturday. Yesterday they had 6 confirmed cases. The rate is rising exponentially.
    10. The only known effective way to not get this disease is strict social isolation now (not next week!).

This disease is unprecedented in any human experience in the last 100 years (since the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918). Given the available information today, my personal advice is to consider COVID-19 like a possible fatal disease in your decision-making. Example: what is the benefit of going to the restaurant tonight and having a wonderful dinner with my wife versus do I want to risk possibly getting a potentially fatal disease? That is the analogy for the meaning of “strict, social isolation”. Go in your house, shut the door, and don't come out. Timing is everything. The rate of known cases will exponentially increase by the day. “Now” versus “next week” matters.

Not widely appreciated is that the expected duration of the need for this kind of strict social isolation is in the approximate range of at least 4-6 months. Wisconsin is expected to peak for known cases by mid to late May. It will also probably take just as long for it to taper off (IF social isolation compliance is effective).

Accordingly, the responsible suggested recommendations are to cancel all in-person meetings. Do everything remotely. Stay home. Wash your hands frequently (use hand sanitizer). Sanitize your computer keyboard, cell phone, and surfaces at home frequently. Don't touch your face. Order groceries by delivery, if possible. Leave home only when absolutely necessary and then follow the "at least 6 foot rule" - keep at least 6 feet between you and the other person.

You and I are at further, increased risk. In response to your request to meet in several weeks to discuss XXX, let's do it by phone or computer.

Again, I don't want to scare you. However, we all need to have the correct information (the government has done an absolutely shameful job until the past few days) and respect this pandemic, and then keep it simple, do some basic things, implement strict isolation by the definition above, keep positive, and provide leadership institutionally, locally, and at home and with your loved ones and friends.

Hunker down, and...stay healthy!

May God protect us all from this pestilence.

Is there something in here that’s news to to you? I’ve believed every bit of this (except maybe the 4 to 6 month timeline prediction) for well over a month now. We’ve been talking about this since Jan 11th and the people that bothered to sort thru the info and pay attention (no disrespect meant in any way) have generally come to these conclusions Or at least similar. To me this is a pretty concise, well written email description that I would take as common knowledge, but I’ve already been through the research and links behind all the claims made.

#normalcy bias

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Serious question: It seems to be the case that the elderly are at more risk of fatal complications than the young. I saw something a few days ago that was suggesting that was not because the elderly's immune systems were weak, but rather because they were strong and their reaction to the virus went overboard causing major complications due to a storm of chemical responses that damages other organs and/or results in pneumonia. Did anyone else hear anything like this? It recommended that the optimum course of action was the application of antivirals that would tamp down the immune system's reaction to the virus in old people.

Don't have a link or details beyond the above, but was wondering if this is just BS or was it actually put out by some medical authority somewhere?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As of Friday morning we'd had one confirmed WuFlu death. I believe they said she was in her 60's but was in poor health. It's too early to say what any complications set in. This has also been our only confirmed case with all tests back in so far showing negative. A big part of the reported numbers right now are mingled in with the "regular" flu deaths so until the tests come back we won't know true numbers. I have a tendency to lean towards the positive and hope this will end up not being as bad as predicted although several sources have cited the "tsunami effect". Admittances are low, self reports are low and low confirmed cases but the tidal wave is building. Hope they're wrong.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I have updated the spreadsheet and have added South Korea as a comparative against the US numbers. I have also added a per captia death comparative for Italy and S. Korea against the US population numbers. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2nSBMG8kMCK6dQZXk8zxhBvXgyDgjgXJc_K7/pubhtml#

As far as death by age, there are a number of statistical websites that are tracking this, as well as the updates on worldometer.info There are also a lot of social media posts throwing out the half of all deaths are under age 50, but there is NO statistical data anywhere that even remotely substantiates that. Most of this is garbage is because the CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report has a ridiculous grouping with no consideration for individuals with co-morbidity: > 85, 65-84, 20-64, and 19 and under. Some folks are extrapolating data based on that same criteria (which still does not get you to 50%).
    Among 44 cases with known outcome, 15 (34%) deaths were reported among adults aged ≥85 years, 20 (46%) among adults aged 65–84 years, and nine (20%) among adults aged 20–64 years. Case-fatality percentages increased with increasing age, from no deaths reported among persons aged ≤19 years to highest percentages (10%–27%) among adults aged ≥85 years (Table) (Figure 2).

There is no doubt the seriousness of this situation, especially as one increases in age and/or has some sort of existing medical condition, but truthfulness and honesty matters in all things, especially now. There are enough places to find accurate info or to even start tracking the data yourself.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Serious question: It seems to be the case that the elderly are at more risk of fatal complications than the young. I saw something a few days ago that was suggesting that was not because the elderly's immune systems were weak, but rather because they were strong and their reaction to the virus went overboard causing major complications due to a storm of chemical responses that damages other organs and/or results in pneumonia. Did anyone else hear anything like this? It recommended that the optimum course of action was the application of antivirals that would tamp down the immune system's reaction to the virus in old people.

Don't have a link or details beyond the above, but was wondering if this is just BS or was it actually put out by some medical authority somewhere?
    There was a reference to this in the first thread but I can’t tell you where. So it has been talked about and the older generating more antibodies or whatever is a possibility imo. Doesn’t seem scandalous or something with an ulterior motive to me.
    I will say I do not believe the 18-49 age bracket is any safer than the older, NYC cases are something like 54% 18-49 and seem just as serious, except for the incidence of heart/lung conditions. Some NYC official made this announcement Fridayish.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Is there something in here that’s news to to you? I’ve believed every bit of this (except maybe the 4 to 6 month timeline prediction) for well over a month now. We’ve been talking about this since Jan 11th and the people that bothered to sort thru the info and pay attention (no disrespect meant in any way) have generally come to these conclusions Or at least similar. To me this is a pretty concise, well written email description that I would take as common knowledge, but I’ve already been through the research and links behind all the claims made.

#normalcy bias

i believe there are many that have not been here since the beginning and will not go back to read all the important information from the first thread and this may be helpful to them

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    As of Friday morning we'd had one confirmed WuFlu death. I believe they said she was in her 60's but was in poor health. It's too early to say what any complications set in. This has also been our only confirmed case with all tests back in so far showing negative. A big part of the reported numbers right now are mingled in with the "regular" flu deaths so until the tests come back we won't know true numbers. I have a tendency to lean towards the positive and hope this will end up not being as bad as predicted although several sources have cited the "tsunami effect". Admittances are low, self reports are low and low confirmed cases but the tidal wave is building. Hope they're wrong.
    I believe her significant other passed that same day or next, and as of last night there had been 4 in Indiana.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom