Not open for further replies.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This apocalypse is stupid. I hope the next one is better... :cool:

I could tell that you're joking so this comment isn't directed at you, but...

I noticed that people who haven't been affected by whatever doom is out there and have the privilege to be safe like to criticize how stupid something like this seems to them. It hasn't reached you yet thanks the to swift action and sacrifice of many front line responders standing before you like soldiers against the threat.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bingo. Resources pushed past the limits.
    It wont take much. The number of domestic disturbances was high last night. I suspect it's only going to get worse as people really start to feel financial pressure. Staying at home with family is the last thing that should be happening with some of our fair citizenry.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    What a great idea. Let's prepare for the highly contagious disease by going to the store where hundreds of other people are waiting to pack into the building with you, breathing and touching all the same food and merchandise. :laugh:

Or do it while your chances of infection are still very low and not later when 40% of people have it?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Wait until the statewide tornado siren test tomorrow. That should prove entertaining for those who don't know. :popcorn:

Not happening.

"All,

The NWS Indiana offices in conjunction with IDHS have decided to cancel the planned test tornado drill on Wednesday March 18th, 2020. This is due to numerous reasons related to the COVID-19 virus and sheltering actions being taken by the public. We do not want to add an extra layer of anxiety to the ongoing situation. While we feel it is important to test our communications and safety action plans, we feel it more prudent right now to focus on the active societal response to the virus. We apologize for this inconvenience but hope you understand. There are no plans for a makeup date at this time.

Please notify as many partners and people as possible to get the word out about the cancellation.

Thanks!
    Sam Lashley"

Pfffttt...they should’ve kept it and changed the siren to the one from Silent Hill or the one from The Purge.

Purple...implied?

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Study of SARS-CoV-2 Survival on 4 surfaces.

NEJM article published today.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

Viruses were applied to copper, cardboard, stainless steel, and plastic maintained at 21 to 23°C and 40% relative humidity over 7 days.

SARS-CoV-2 was more stable on plastic and stainless steel than on copper and cardboard, and viable virus was detected up to 72 hours after application to these surfaces

Half-lives of the different surfaces summary:
    Plastic. 6.8 hours
    Stainless Steel. 5.6 hours
    Cardboard. (none after 24 hrs)
    Copper. (none after 4 hours)
    Aerosols. 1.1 hours

nejmc2004973_f1.jpeg

All those boxes from UPS, FedEx, and USPS could now be cycled out of their quarantine and handled a day or 2 later !

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    seek and ye shall find...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...JAGbdfF67WuRJB3ZsidgpidB2eocFHAVjIL-7deJ7/pub

An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    Recent guidelines from South Korea and China report that chloroquine is an effective antiviral therapeutic treatment against Coronavirus Disease 2019. Use of chloroquine (tablets) is showing favorable outcomes in humans infected with Coronavirus including faster time to recovery and shorter hospital stay. US CDC research shows that chloroquine also has strong potential as a prophylactic (preventative) measure against coronavirus in the lab, while we wait for a vaccine to be developed. Chloroquine is an inexpensive, globally available drug that has been in widespread human use since 1945 against malaria, autoimmune and various other conditions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All those boxes from UPS, FedEx, and USPS could now be cycled out of their quarantine and handled a day or 2 later !
    They'll be happy to hear that. :)

Seriously, though, thanks for posting that. Very interesting information.

All those people who built their homes out of cardboard and copper are finally able to say, "See, told you this was a good idea."

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Our son's Ortho is only seeing emergency patients. He has popped two brackets off his braces so they are squeezing him in today. We cant go in though. When you get there you text a number with the patient's name. When they are ready they text you and you send ONLY the patient into the building. A staff member will meet the patient at the locked door to let them in and treat them. Crazy.

Actually that sounds more prudent then shutting down completely...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well it's getting close to home. First fatality worked right across the street from my work. I haven't been in there in a while so I'm not too worried.
    I unintentionally self quarantined about 6 weeks ago, only because I've been spending all my time remodeling. Paper and freezer was already stocked, ammo was already stocked. I don't consider myself a prepper but I'm ahead of it.
    I'm using my personal time tomorrow just in case I lose it. Getting stamps today just in case.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, if enough people aren't going to self-quarantine, the government will setup isolation wards/tents, etc to keep them in one spot.

No sense wasting resource guarding 12 people who wont self-isolate in 12 places when you can do it one place.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What a great idea. Let's prepare for the highly contagious disease by going to the store where hundreds of other people are waiting to pack into the building with you, breathing and touching all the same food and merchandise. :laugh:
    OR, let’s cancel drills for something much more likely to affect us(tornadoes), and devastate far more real property, than some mystery bug?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'm glad people don't know about roasting asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper. Never mind the cheese. Stuff's been on sale for 2 weeks. I fired up the grill again today. Comfort food is important if you get sick. Feed a cold. Starve a fever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom