• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Smithfield has been unavailable in our area for a couple of weeks already.

I'm assuming that many INGO members have already been boycotting them because they are Chinese-owned?

Didn't know they were Chinese owned. I don't really buy Smithfield branded products, but they also make Eckrich and Nathan's and I do buy those brands.

Got both Eckrich bacon and smoked sausage on April 7 at Kroger and they had a fair amount. Don't know what the shelves look like today, haven't been grocery shopping since then.

I made an Amazon Fresh order today, they still have some Eckrich products.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    In, I don't have the virus, however I do have a set of trany cornish hens, They will go either way, don't matter. We don't eat them. We take them to the chinese market down on Adams street.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Lotta Wuhattitude.

giphy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cross posting from another thread... as a reminder... to keep it positive. :)

[video=youtube;Wu2ug--bFPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2ug--bFPI[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    QUOTE=hoosierdoc;8260459]well it's not a hoax. but certainly an over reaction and full of bad moves[/QUOTE]

I say that in reference to the reaction, not the virus.

I an certain some will call me conspiracy minded but will take that criticism if I'm wrong. Here is where I am at this point in the story as simply as I can put it:

The Chinese communist party was losing control, the people were restless (think Hong Kong protests) and they needed to get control back in hand. Their economy was in bad shape and they have a huge number of old they were carrying that were very costly to them. I suspect they may have started this to ease those issues. They tried to hide all this by giving incorrect numbers and downplaying the severity of the virus to cover this up.

Then the UN and WHO were incentivized to assist in the cover up further distorting the severity of the virus. China has enormous economic leverage on much of the world.

The so called American media, you know, the conglomerates that want a piece of the China markets, were enticed to further this along. It was a twofer for them, get access to Chinese markets and get Trump simultaneously. The democrats jumped on the opportunity to get Trump from the ashes of their failed impeachment. This is was when Trump called them out on their "hoax" to get him, not the seriousness of the virus.

Then it worked out that the major media operations are in the hardest hit area of the country, NY, so they fearmongered the entire country to do what NY needed to do.

That to me is where we are. Other viruses have been similarly bad but we never have done even a token of what has been prescribed for this.

The fallout from this will kill millions and impoverish billions. That is nothing short of a crime against humanity...

I was typing this post when the lights went out...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don’t think it’s that deep. I think China just ****ed up. It’s hard to get 3 people to keep a secret, let alone media and 3 governing bodies. Beans would spill eventually and everyone involved would be hunted by the world

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's awfully interesting that the Chinese leadership silenced medical personnel initially from getting the word out to the rest of the world.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    On a local news Facebook page, the local college announced that there wouldn’t be any summer camps. Someone commented “that is months away...”. Someone else replied “there isn’t a vaccine yet”. I replied, “is there one for h1n1 or sars?”

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't forget the role of Huawei and 5G in all of this. China will now get real time movement data on all of us.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t think it’s that deep. I think China just ****ed up. It’s hard to get 3 people to keep a secret, let alone media and 3 governing bodies. Beans would spill eventually and everyone involved would be hunted by the world

We are discussing a government with a history of killing their own people. This is not the US where everything leaks. How hard do you think it would be to have a guy that likely is dead do the deed? It could be they just looked the other way while the janitor, that was to bio-dispose of the carcasses of infected monkey meat they were using to test the virus on, was selling it at the market this all started from. The place where the bat meat started this whole thing is 900 miles away from the test facility...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    OK peoples. Do not start a new thread until I have closed the old one.
    In this issue I will open the new one. .......................................

Civility and respect. Last time I will say this and you all know exactly who you are. Stand down.

And "GO"

My apologies to all for opening something I should not have. No need to comment on it, Please. Lets "GO"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom