• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Paper and N95 masks do not screen out viruses..

n95s when worn properly are supposed to screen out viruses

[FONT=&amp]An N95 FFR is a type of respirator which removes particles from the air that are breathed through it. These respirators filter out at least 95% of very small (0.3 micron) particles. N95 FFRs are capable of filtering out all types of particles, including bacteria and viruses.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

source: [/FONT]https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html

under the heading “what is an n95 filtering facepiece respirator?”

I suspect the confusion is in the terminology. Notice on that webpage the definitions for respirator and facemask. What people are calling a n95 “facemask” is really a “respirator”, so long as it is worn properly (not loose w. Air gaps)

more useful info :
    https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs/UnderstandDifferenceInfographic-508.pdf

-rvb

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We are talking about people that need a sticker on the lawn mower telling them not to reach underneath while the blade is turning as well as a handle that stops the blade/mower when you release it just in case they didn't read the sticker. Do you really think letting them make an informed choice will result in them taking any responsibility for their actions?

https://www.newsweek.com/louisiana-...r-coronavirus-concerns-no-one-federal-1494897
    LOUISIANA GOVERNOR ON NOT SHUTTING DOWN MARDI GRAS OVER CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS: NO ONE FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TOLD US TO CANCEL ANYTHING

Not his fault, no one told him what to do
    :rolleyes:

The inverse Nuremberg defense, 'I was only looking for some orders to follow'

The one I hate is the engine cutoff when my ass leaves the seat of the tractor.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am seeing a disturbing trend,these are testing numbers for the last week. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

4/6 [FONT=&amp]12273
    4/7 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]11319
    4/8 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]10922
    4/9 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]6420
    4/10 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2603 <----By the CDC data this is the least we have tested since 3/9/2020
    4/11 [/FONT]
    26 *incomplete?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Completely anecdotal and unscientific, but I have seen several articles about Indiana folks that have died over the last few days and based on photos, many of them seem to have been on the larger size.

I've been telling myself for the past few years I need to drop about 30-40 lbs. The virus really drives that point home. I really need to put a focus back on my diet once things normalize a bit. Not just to fight things like viruses, but I need to get into fighting shape to be ready for the Bugaloo.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Completely anecdotal and unscientific, but I have seen several articles about Indiana folks that have died over the last few days and based on photos, many of them seem to have been on the larger size.

I've been telling myself for the past few years I need to drop about 30-40 lbs. The virus really drives that point home. I really need to put a focus back on my diet once things normalize a bit. Not just to fight things like viruses, but I need to get into fighting shape to be ready for the Bugaloo.
    Heart disease and diabetes are known comorbidities, and they tend to go hand-in-hand with obesity (again, purely anecdotal and inscientific).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Heart disease and diabetes are known comorbidities, and they tend to go hand-in-hand with obesity (again, purely anecdotal and inscientific).

We must come to terms with the understanding that modern medicine has made it possible that millions are alive that would not be without them, just in the average INGO members lifetime. With the exceptions that prove the rule, those are primarily the folks having bad outcomes from their fight with Wuhan flu...

Not pleasant but the truth.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We must come to terms with the understanding that modern medicine has made it possible that millions are alive that would not be without them, just in the average INGO members lifetime. With the exceptions that prove the rule, those are primarily the folks having bad outcomes from their fight with Wuhan flu...

Not pleasant but the truth.
    AMEN! People think they can eat and live badly because the doctor will give them that miracle drug and cure their problem and they'll get better. Same thing weve done with welfare. We've encouraged poor people (mostly lazy people) who cant afford kids to breed like rabbits, because not only do we pay for everything up to and including the birth, but also feeding their spawn and hell even give them cash too.
    So stupid.
    The cycle continues.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Same but not in purple.
    I didn’t think you were 30-40 pounds away from fighting shape when we fought together down south or at Lebanon(?).
    I got in the best shape of my life 4 years ago by doing the Exercise Inc 20 minutes a week thing and didn’t lose any weight just turned it into muscle. Quit last spring and I’m feeling it bad.
    This virus does show that even in our insulated middle class fancy world, decisions do have consequences.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I am seeing a disturbing trend,these are testing numbers for the last week. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

4/6 [FONT=&amp]12273
    4/7 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]11319
    4/8 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]10922
    4/9 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]6420
    4/10 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2603 <----By the CDC data this is the least we have tested since 3/9/2020
    4/11 [/FONT]
    26 *incomplete?
    The first graph in the linked article looks suspiciously cyclical. It appears to me that every time there is a drop in testing there is a drop in new cases per day, imagine that. Followed by a spike in new cases. I wonder why the testing is so cyclical?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom