• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So, this morning, a millenial chick parks in the yellow zone across the street in front of the autism center because "she's late for work" and couldn't drive another 50 feet into the parking lot. Our street is narrow. Plus all the kiddies get dropped off at the autism center right where Ms "It's all about me" Millenial parks.

Well, the boss of me gets pissed. I can hear the announcer from the Kentucky Derby in the background:

"And They're OFF!"

And we were off to the races. The wife is fit to be tied. Homicidal. I tell her to call the school. She does. School says: No one from our school would be so stupid as to park there. But, the Moronniel shows up later to move her vehicle 50 feet into the parking lot.

And the boss of me is waiting for her. Snipers have never stayed as still and beady eyed as the boss of me waiting to pounce.

So, she goes outside to give the Millennial the what for.

And it is now approximately 5 hours later. And she's still fuming.

------

so, just in case you wondered why some of my remarks may have been a bit sharper than normal......

Never noticed anything sharp.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And a backrub.
    And when she's done with that tell her to make you a sammich, too. ;)

How long you been married? 48 years here.

This is as close as I will get.

s-l640.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, this morning, a millenial chick parks in the yellow zone across the street in front of the autism center because "she's late for work" and couldn't drive another 50 feet into the parking lot. Our street is narrow. Plus all the kiddies get dropped off at the autism center right where Ms "It's all about me" Millenial parks.

Well, the boss of me gets pissed. I can hear the announcer from the Kentucky Derby in the background:

"And They're OFF!"

And we were off to the races. The wife is fit to be tied. Homicidal. I tell her to call the school. She does. School says: No one from our school would be so stupid as to park there. But, the Moronniel shows up later to move her vehicle 50 feet into the parking lot.

And the boss of me is waiting for her. Snipers have never stayed as still and beady eyed as the boss of me waiting to pounce.

------

so, just in case you wondered why some of my remarks may have been a bit sharper than normal......

When it gets like that in my house, I go mow the grass...whether it needs it or not...maybe twice.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

"And They're OFF!"

------

Is this a good or a bad time to insert a joke about correlation and causation?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You're just lucky to be back in time before we hit Coronavirus V.

Which makes me wonder how far we will go before CM has to get out a Latin book for the next thread title?

Is this a good or a bad time to insert a joke about correlation and causation?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a pre covid-19 study,but sheds some light on to why nicotine probably lessens the effects of covid-19. The study does not just say it works it actually backs up that statement with the mechanics of how nicotine reduces inflammation.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Nicotine%2C-an-anti-inflammation-molecule-Han-Lau/52183727a7c138c94304c366ba75f02257a9afcf

[h=1]Nicotine, an anti-inflammation molecule[/h]
    In this review, we summarized the molecular mechanisms of the anti-inflammatory effect of nicotine via binding to the α7 nAChR. We also reviewed the current findings of the nicotinic anti-inflammatory effect in various diseases and disorders. Especially, we focused on the nicotinic anti-inflammatory effect on influenza A virus infection.

The DHS has a new site for critical infrastructure.The old links I had posted where taken down. The new pages contain much more information,and lots of "pretty" designs and graphics.
    https://www.cisa.gov/identifying-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Page 2? That’s not fair. I’ve been lurking waiting to make page 1 of coronavirus IV and there was an early lock. I call shenanigans!

Page 2???? Posts set to 10 per page.....Amateur Hour LOL, you need to rock 40ppp to really stay on top of things.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Page 2???? Posts set to 10 per page.....Amateur Hour LOL, you need to rock 40ppp to really stay on top of things.

Every time I see this, I'm reminded of the joke about the guy that goes into a pizza joint. When asked if he wants his pie cut into 4 slices or 8, he says, "Better just cut it into 4. I don't think I could eat 8 slices!" :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom