• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is because of this type of display that I usually opt-out of these types of activities. Everyone should show up in their Sunday Best, making it extremely hard to paint the legal gun owner as the crazed, loser that the libs like to refer to us as.

Sunday best....like your best olive drab cargo pants, your best Molon Labe' t-shirt and best "Don't tread on me" hat with your best orthodox priest looking beard?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If the pro 2A forces are in great numbers get a count to counter the "dozens " that will be reported.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK

Have we all forgotten the very large - and well armed - openly carried - rallies at the State House of 2013 and 2014 ? ...
    I haven't (yet) ...

People were open carrying everything - pistols, rifles, shotguns, From Flint Lock to the most modern looking space aged bullpups -
    from 22s to 50 BMG (yes, there was at least 1, but doubt I have the photos anymore)
    - There was even an assault hammer (yup hammer w/ AR type stock for handle attachment).

I think these were both started by GRAA - Gun Rights Across America
    But I do not know a local contact.

The issues that develops from this - and more so at counter rallies - is media presence and control ...
    Having a system for a speaker - and making sure you are well spoken; concise, clear and on point is important.
    LSM will twist anything they can - MSM will gravitate towards this.

(like for example when in 2014 - 3 or 5 of us were "SWARMING" the MDA folks at the state house - all 50-60 of them that were bused in)

That's why I said leave space. And while you can request No OC ( or perhaps only normally OC'd EDC's - that is how I went most times)
    to say NO OC isn't gonna win any more point for or against than just being there; but it may keep some folks from wanting to participate.

Also - to save you some possible issues - Minors - no on carrying more than sign. Its in the code and this could be a violation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK

Have we all forgotten the very large - and well armed - openly carried - rallies at the State House of 2013 and 2014 ? ...
    I haven't (yet) ...

People were open carrying everything - pistols, rifles, shotguns, From Flint Lock to the most modern looking space aged bullpups -
    from 22s to 50 BMG (yes, there was at least 1, but doubt I have the photos anymore)
    - There was even an assault hammer (yup hammer w/ AR type stock for handle attachment).

I think these were both started by GRAA - Gun Rights Across America
    But I do not know a local contact.

The issues that develops from this - and more so at counter rallies - is media presence and control ...
    Having a system for a speaker - and making sure you are well spoken; concise, clear and on point is important.
    LSM will twist anything they can - MSM will gravitate towards this.

(like for example when in 2014 - 3 or 5 of us were "SWARMING" the MDA folks at the state house - all 50-60 of them that were bused in)

That's why I said leave space. And while you can request No OC ( or perhaps only normally OC'd EDC's - that is how I went most times)
    to say NO OC isn't gonna win any more point for or against than just being there; but it may keep some folks from wanting to participate.

Also - to save you some possible issues - Minors - no on carrying more than sign. Its in the code and this could be a violation.

Where are the counter protesters?
    [video=youtube;j0774m5RZSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0774m5RZSM[/video]

INGO's very own Que towards the end.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Where are the counter protesters?
    [video=youtube;j0774m5RZSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0774m5RZSM[/video]

INGO's very own Que towards the end.

Glad you found the video;
    And you're correct w/ your questions - it is true that the large rallies - were just that - independent rallies -
    Not Counter Rallies

Still - counter rallies are generally smaller ... We (IMAGC) and MDA have rally/counter rallied each other before;
    I've been there / done that ...
    This is why I said leave space - but your post brings another point up

Bring VIDEO - make sure you can document; what they say - AND how they say it - along with keep yourself Polite, presentable, professional
    body language and spoken language matter.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glad you found the video;
    And you're correct w/ your questions - it is true that the large rallies - were just that - independent rallies -
    Not Counter Rallies

Still - counter rallies are generally smaller ... We (IMAGC) and MDA have rally/counter rallied each other before;
    I've been there / done that ...
    This is why I said leave space - but your post brings another point up

Bring VIDEO - make sure you can document; what they say - AND how they say it - along with keep yourself Polite, presentable, professional
    body language and spoken language matter.

+10000... CYA, present yourself as gentlemen/ladies, if someone acts like a fool, make sure it's the guy on the other side.... and if "that guy," is on your side, try to have him leave.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    OK

I haven't (yet) ...

We had a good sized rally in South Bend during that time period as well. I don't know who originated it but a local radio talk show host championed it and even got our Congresswoman to speak at it.
    Many of us, if not most, were carrying long guns at it. It went off without a hitch.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Today, my daughter stood outside and was silent for 17 minutes not in protest, but in respect for those children who were murdered in Florida.
    Kinda proud of her.
    I’m also against people murdering our children.

I dont think anyone in America is for it.

I absolutely support the upcoming march of students to raise their concerns.

If she wants to go downtown, I’ll happily drive her and her friends.

I’m compelled to support her rights to express herself and to hold her government accountable.

Hopefully, I’ve brought her up well enough to define the question and be part of the solution as she politely respects everyone else’s rights. I believe she understands what it means to find a solution that still leaves other’s rights intact. And the massive difficulty of putting in place a real solution that isn’t just feel good politics.

If you want to stage an “indiana gun owners against violence” march, I’ll be there. Because the threat of violence against me and those that I love is a large part of why I own guns and carry them.

But fundamentally, I can’t support a counter protest. I’m 100% with them on being against violence against our schoolchildren.
    My hope is that we can all have adult conversation about how to best accomplish that.

If someone wants to ban all guns, that’s a different march than this.

I'm with you.

I will add that I think it's a bad idea to "counter-protest" at this event. Have your own march.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Intereting, I did not check with them. I haven’t seen anything from anyone, that’s why I started it

I FB messaged them yesterday and haven't heard anything yet, so I just might set up a FB event for South Bend soon.

Just make sure you have the testicular fortitude to turn away any OCers/long gun carriers. That nonsense is the LAST thing we need given the proximity to the other protest in this climate.

Is it lawful? Yes. ABSOLUTELY! Does it send the wrong message to the other side, including (ESPECIALLY) the liberal, anti gun media who will spin that against us? Same answer. ABSOF***ING-LUTELY. They would have a field day exploiting it.

I agree. That being said, I don't see a problem someone open carrying a sidearm if they are dressed normally (i.e. no tactical gear). Antigunners will exploit us even if no one was visibly armed.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I appreciate the responses guys.

I understand your guys' concerns. Yes, we may alienate some in our community by not allowing OC. This is the price we pay when we have to play politics. In the end, I believe it is worth the sacrifice of a few on the more extreme end, since it will give us a better image as a whole. Ideally, I would prefer everyone show up in their Sunday's best.

As far as the whole counter-protest vs protest thing - I think it goes without saying that I am NOT a community organizer. This was entirely reactionary, because I am tired of gun owners not having a voice, being ignored by the media, and just generally "losing". The media will not be able to ignore us here, and we will be seen/heard. I would love to plan a march later on independently, but this is what we have right now, so I'm running with it.

I have spoken with the Chief of Police, and will be sitting down with them Wednesday the 21st to discuss our parameters for the protest. I am confident this will be a positive show of force from the liberty-loving community.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I appreciate the responses guys.

I understand your guys' concerns. Yes, we may alienate some in our community by not allowing OC. This is the price we pay when we have to play politics. In the end, I believe it is worth the sacrifice of a few on the more extreme end, since it will give us a better image as a whole. Ideally, I would prefer everyone show up in their Sunday's best.

As far as the whole counter-protest vs protest thing - I think it goes without saying that I am NOT a community organizer. This was entirely reactionary, because I am tired of gun owners not having a voice, being ignored by the media, and just generally "losing". The media will not be able to ignore us here, and we will be seen/heard. I would love to plan a march later on independently, but this is what we have right now, so I'm running with it.

I have spoken with the Chief of Police, and will be sitting down with them Wednesday the 21st to discuss our parameters for the protest. I am confident this will be a positive show of force from the liberty-loving community.

You underestimate the power of stupid. They can certainly choose not to cover you, or worse, only cover what your group does wrong. "journalists" are very good at doing unbalanced work.

Good luck. If I were closer I'd be there in my sunday best.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    You underestimate the power of stupid. They can certainly choose not to cover you, or worse, only cover what your group does wrong. "journalists" are very good at doing unbalanced work.

Good luck. If I were closer I'd be there in my sunday best.

I agree, I am trying to contact as many "gun-friendly" reporters in the area as possible. This is also why I am going for the "Sunday's Best" and no OCing look. It'll be hard to portray us in a bad light, if we all are peaceful, unarmed, and look great to boot!

I appreciate the support.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Why a "counter protest"? Just join them, we may or may not have different ideas of how to accomplish their stated goals, but...
    They may feel that one of the best ways to counter it is to ban 18-20 yr olds from owning firearms, I think a better way is to let teachers and other school employees/volunteers be armed if they wish. Along with any other person that has a reason to be on school property. If I have to go in and sign my kid out for a Drs. appt, why should I not be allowed to defend her and myself (and possibly others) on the way back to the car?

If you want to stage an “indiana gun owners against violence” march, I’ll be there. Because the threat of violence against me and those that I love is a large part of why I own guns and carry them.

But fundamentally, I can’t support a counter protest. I’m 100% with them on being against violence against our schoolchildren.
    My hope is that we can all have adult conversation about how to best accomplish that.

If someone wants to ban all guns, that’s a different march than this.

See above, I'm willing to bet that most those who are planning on attending the original event are going to be pushing for increased restrictions. 18-20 yr olds prohibited from purchasing, "assault weapon" bans, "high capacity" magazine bans and such. I'm with them also on being against violence against our schoolchildren, well most of them anyway. :):

That case involved wearing armbands, not a walk out. Per the ruling "They caused discussion outside of the classrooms, but no interference with work and no disorder." Courts since have used the "disruption test" as a gauge of whether it is protected speech or not. I don't know of any involving a walkout by the students, but I wouldn't bet that the courts would say it isn't enough of a disruption for the schools to not be able to ban them/punish those involved. There is another case where a student used "lewd language" during a speech and was suspended. He didn't use profanity, just innuendo. SCOTUS ruled that it wasn't protected free speech because of the disruption it caused. Another student displayed a sign with "bong hits for Jesus" across the street from the school when they went out to watch an Olympic torch rally, same result.

I'm with you.

I will add that I think it's a bad idea to "counter-protest" at this event. Have your own march.

See above, no "counter-protest". Just a display of "counter-ideas/beliefs"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I agree with them, something should be done to protect the kids at school. But my ideas of what should be done probably run counter to quite a few of them.

Why a "counter protest"? Just join them, we may or may not have different ideas of how to accomplish their stated goals, but...
    They may feel that one of the best ways to counter it is to ban 18-20 yr olds from owning firearms, I think a better way is to let teachers and other school employees/volunteers be armed if they wish. Along with any other person that has a reason to be on school property. If I have to go in and sign my kid out for a Drs. appt, why should I not be allowed to defend her and myself (and possibly others) on the way back to the car?

See above, I'm willing to bet that most those who are planning on attending the original event are going to be pushing for increased restrictions. 18-20 yr olds prohibited from purchasing, "assault weapon" bans, "high capacity" magazine bans and such. I'm with them also on being against violence against our schoolchildren, well most of them anyway. :):

See above, no "counter-protest". Just a display of "counter-ideas/beliefs"

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    "Interested" - so I can follow and Share - there is now 1 prepping in Indianapolis (FB friend started it yesterday) ...
    sharing here and in other to get word out ... I am going to try to help "direct / coord" efforts ... since I've helped on these before. ... NO I don't want to be in charge.

INDY EVENT:
    (Not this and the info w/ it is not mine ... I'm working to 'improve it' a bit) ...

https://www.facebook.com/events/446358172466990/

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Interested" - so I can follow and Share - there is now 1 prepping in Indianapolis (FB friend started it yesterday) ...
    sharing here and in other to get word out ... I am going to try to help "direct / coord" efforts ... since I've helped on these before. ... NO I don't want to be in charge.

INDY EVENT:
    (Not this and the info w/ it is not mine ... I'm working to 'improve it' a bit) ...

https://www.facebook.com/events/446358172466990/

I'll keep an eye on this one. Jessica is right, we need numbers (unless we get an extreme close up like the Moms funded by Doomberg and Soros.)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just an FYI - but there are several more of these "Student Led" march for our lives events:

Allen County 2pm – 4pm
    Carpool Effort 10am – 1pm
    Evansville 1pm – 4pm
    Goshen 1pm – 2:30pm
    Indianapolis 11am – 2pm
    New Albany 10am – 2pm
    South Bend 5pm
    Valparaiso 12pm

The "march" is also now a "DOT-COM" web site with FB page with 180,000 followers (in a month?) and the events are Global - ...
    what? yeah.

That isn't student led - grass roots. ... just sayin. ... and sharin FYI.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom