• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    do they make the bdc scopes for rifles? and if so are they worth the money? and are they ok for smaller caliber rifles. how much do t/c rifles cost

you can get a bushnell banner for a bit over $100. they are decent scopes..good enough for yote hunting. I also like the nikon pro staff and buck master scopes.
    the T/C rifles will run ya about $600+ depending on what ya get and where ya get it.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    The CZ would come in a model 527 Varmint or 527 American. The difference being that the Varmint has the heavy bull barrel. Those rifles normally sell for around $620 -$630 and are an excellent value given the quality of the rifle.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    do they make the bdc scopes for rifles? and if so are they worth the money? and are they ok for smaller caliber rifles. how much do t/c rifles cost

they do make bdc scopes for rifles but you have to cheak there aim points.

just because you sigth in at 100 yds doesn't mean the 500 yd crosshair (or circle) are right for your gun. my recomendation would be to bet a mill dot scope. sight in at 100 yds then go out to 150 and aim dead on. see where the bullet hole lines up with your mil dot and move on out to what ever range you think you could be shooting.

eventually you have a exact bdc for your gun but make sure if its a varible power you are on the same setting. i did this with my muzzleloader on 18x. by mistake i started shooting at 275 and was using the mil that should be right and didn't even hit the target for 4 shots. so i moved back to 100 to start the process again and noticed i was on 6x. so i shot one more time at 275 only this time on 18x and hit 1.5 inches from bull.

also i tape a small chart on the side of my guns with my exact drop data on it. it makes it alot easier to look down at your stock and see where to aim instid of second guessing yourself in the field.

for instance my prohunter is zeroed at 100 yds with 150 gr 777 and 300 gr shockwaves. my chart reads as folllows

100 yd zero
    2 inches low at 150
    2 mils low at 200
    3 mils low at 250
    4 mils low at 280
    bottom dash at 305

it would be easier with a centerfire

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    i have a mosin and an m44 and you couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with it, i have all numbers matching mosin but i think i would buy another one if i was to sporterize one

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    is the 22-250 heavier than the 204? ive also killed one with my 17 hmr, by far my favorite gun but nowhere near enough for what i wanna do, but i did hit it in the head at about 90 yards

I'm getting a little confused so please just indulge me for a moment as I get it all straight in my simple mind... you've "killed them with my bow shotgun and 30-06" and with a shot to the head at 90 yards with your 17hmr, confident in deer killing skills at 150 yards with a shot gun slug yet need advice on what a good slug gun would be and a good 44 mag rifle and you don't know if a 22-250 is "heavier" than a 204?

You can skin, quarter, and package a deer in two hours but you paid $70 for some one else to do one for you?

You've got at least a couple farms to hunt, a cattle farm and a hog farm.

Does that about sum it up so far?

Was all this so you could post up that junk tranny out of a Ford Ranger for sale? You might need that when you get your driver's license.

Last edited:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    ya i do have my drivers license, i just like guns and always want new and better ones i dont see the problem in that, i dont wanna waste my money on a pos thats why i ask for everyones advice, i thought this site was here for people to help you not critcize and complain about everything you do.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ya i do have my drivers license, i just like guns and always want new and better ones i dont see the problem in that, i dont wanna waste my money on a pos thats why i ask for everyones advice, i thought this site was here for people to help you not critcize and complain about everything you do.

Yep, yer exactly right. Carry on, sorry for the interruption.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    rkesar,

You'll have to pardon many of us for, at times, seeminlgy boorish behavior. Myself included.

You see, there's rather a sort of stereotype that we run into here at INGO. One that has people posting SEVERAL 1-line posts in order to get to 50...thereby opening up access to the classifieds. Many of the posts/posters in the stereotype tend to have overall poor grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and etc. Also in the stereotype are several posts in the same thread that just seem to bounce around from subject A to B to C. (17hmr to shotgun slugs to .30-'06, to Ruger .204 to Mosin Nagant...).

So, I personally apologize if the above stereotype is not true in your case, as I hope it's not.

But please realize that, intentionally or not, you fit the mold almost to a T.

Especially since you posted a few WTS adds in the classifieds as soon as you were able to do so.

-J-

Top Bottom