• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skreuzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    How many dogs have you killed with the HMR? I was not impressed with the performance at all.

Haven't had it too long and haven't tried any real long shots. Several in the 100-150 yd range with few problems. Stay away from the front sholder blade (small bullets lose against thick bones). I simply hunt them to protect our cattle herd so as much as it might bother others I really don't care if it runs off and I can't find it. I would stick to the larger calibers if a guaranteed kill is desired, but keep in mind that they do more damage to the pelt.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    id love to shoot them up close. problem is i suck at calling. ive when out coyote calling coutless times and called in 1 that i know of. i usually get 4-5 every winter just walking out the door and seeing them in the field. this year ive only seen a few and it was while sighting in my muzzleloader (right after i shot) so they were safe.

last year i was getting ready for a pronghorn hunt. i was getting dope at 550ish and 2 coyotes poped out at 300ish. i had been shooting from the same spot for a couple hours and they just stroll across the field. onlyl 1 got out of the field. i didn't have any of my ai mags loaded (i was recording data) and i just threw 1 rd in the mag and fired. by the time i got a 2nd rd in the 2nd yote was in the woods.

interesting read if your bored
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/111468-couple_of_firsts_shooting_today.html

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I Hunt with a mini 14 because I am hunting in shorter range. But if I hunt for long range I shoot a .22-250 weatherby vangaurd nothing special but it does the job.

Top Bottom