KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indy 1500 is two weeks later (March 16-18). Hhhhhheeeerrrrreeeee, protestor, protestor, protestor!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    We should counter protest, show up advocating taking away their first amendment, after all, it's outdated and technology, etc. Hahahahahahahaha

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    Is this service free or is there a cost involved?

I realize now that I mistakenly posted this in the wrong forum; my apologies to everyone.

There is a student charge for these courses.
    The prices are not published here, since I offer the unique experience of coming to teach at your group or location.
    The cost is dependent on which of the courses are taken, the distance travelled to teach, and the size of the group.
    But the cost will be very comparable to other courses found in the area, with the added benefit of a catered "to you" time & location!

Basic firearm is a 2 1/2 hour course.
    Concealed carry is 4 hours classroom, plus practice time.
    (shooting training is accomplished with computer-aided precision laser detection.)
    Home Defense is 2 1/2 hours.
    Included in the courses is the $30-value USCCA textbook, Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals.

Additionally, the valued class, Countering the Mass Shooter Threat, a 4-hour course,
    is an on-site audio-visual interactive course to equip individuals, schools, churches, businesses, etc.,
    to equip in creating the best preparedness planning for your location.

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    Will you be offering training to the protesters to bring them to our side?? :dunno:

If I can make it, I will surely be equipped with the correct data and facts about:
    --actual firing rates of mass shooters (far less than you'd imagine)
    --what weapons were actually used in the worst school shooting in U.S. history (two 9mm handguns)
    --the real effects of gun-free zones and victim response
    --what can be done VERY QUICKLY to make a building much more safe and secure, rather than waiting for gun laws

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    From the information that has been passed on to me:
    The Lake County Sheriff's Department has tasked over a dozen riot control Deputies to the Fairgrounds during the protest. I'm not sure if this is precautionary, or if they expect things to get out of hand.
    There are supposedly 3 separate groups that will be protesting.
    Media may be present.
    Obviously, people attending the Gun Show are welcome to bring legal firearms. Please remember that there are absolutely NO LOADED FIREARMS or magazines allowed inside the show.
    Please be respectful of others, even the protesters. If an incident occurs (even if it is instigated by a protester) the media is sure to spin it to make gun owners look like the enemy.
    If you have any questions, please refer them to Gun Show management or the Lake County Sheriff's Department.
    The Lake County Sheriff's Department is in charge of Security and we will also have additional private Security present.
    Thank you for your support.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    The Lake County Sheriff's Department has tasked over a dozen riot control Deputies to the Fairgrounds during the protest. I'm not sure if this is precautionary, or if they expect things to get out of hand.
    Media may be present.
    Obviously, people attending the Gun Show are welcome to bring legal firearms. Please remember that there are absolutely NO LOADED FIREARMS or magazines allowed inside the show.
    Please be respectful of others, even the protesters. If an incident occurs (even if it is instigated by a protester) the media is sure to spin it to make gun owners look like the enemy.
    If you have any questions, please refer them to Gun Show management or the Lake County Sheriff's Department.
    The Lake County Sheriff's Department is in charge of Security and we will also have additional private Security present.

Couldn't have said it any better. With all the recent crap going on against us gun owners for no reason. This is like the last attempts to get us emotional and act irrational. I hope nothing happens. I'm all for protesting regardless of agree or disagree. But the rioting and things thst usually follow are just absurd and completely unnecessary. Stay safe my friends!

I wish I could go. Just had back surgery last week so that wold NOT be a smart idea.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Media may be present.

Well said.

It's possible the Sheriff's deputies will keep the protestors at some distance from the show building and restrict their movement, at least if they're carrying signs or otherwise actively engaged in protests. That would seem to make sense, but we'll have to wait and see.

I haven't checked to see if the signs are still there, but the county formerly purported to ban firearms on the fairgrounds. I know, it's crazy, having a gun show on grounds where firearms are supposedly banned, but there it is.

The following is *NOT* legal advice; just my personal opinion. I think the rule/ordnance, if still in place, is unlawful, whether it's just a rule or a county ordnance, because Indiana has a firearms regulation preemption law. In fact, Indiana law specifies a citizen can sue a local government that violates the pre-emption law.

I mention these circumstances in case someone decides to go bait the protesters with an AR slung over their back. Sheriff's deputies may take a dim view of anything like that.

The last thing we need to do is provoke a confrontation with police, even if we're technically, legally within our rights. The media scum will paint us all as crazy and dangerous and you can be sure it will feed an effort to stop renting fairgrounds property for gun shows. Better to maintain an attitude of indifference or amusement at the misguided numbskulls.

So if you're going to go offer the protesters some Tide pods as refreshments, please, don't take your AR along. Keep any mockery good-natured and laugh off any abusive behavior by the idiots.

Top Bottom