• Poll closed .

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ok, I will take a crack at this.
    Bob did not have his Glock with him on his trip. He left it in his apartment and it was found by Joe prior to Bob's return home.

Bob gets back after a business trip to SLC. He had given windy a key to his apartment after their relationship had progressed some. Bob walks in to his apartment after getting home and finds his supposed new girlfriend, Windy, with Joe.
    Here is how it plays out:
    Bob walks through the entry door; he sees Windy and Joe “going at it” and starts yelling. Windy does not respond but instead grabs her .38 from her purse and confronts Bob with it. Bob struggles with Windy for the .38, knocking her around a bit (bruises). Bob successfully gets the .38 from Windy, meanwhile Joe reaches over and gets Bob’s Glock, which he had retrieved earlier, and shoots towards Bob missing both times (hitting half-wall). Seeing Joe reaching for the Glock, Bob takes cover in the living room. Bob returns fire from the living room through the glass hitting Joe 5 times out of 6 shots.
    In shock Bob runs back in the room to examine Joe and drops the .38 on the floor realizing what just happened. Bob then walks over to Joe to retrieve his Glock from Joe (just in case).
    While he is over by Joe getting the Glock, Windy recovers from her knockdown and sees Joe and the .38 on the floor. Windy goes for the .38 and Bob moves to intercept her. Bob and Windy struggle again and this time Windy prevails and points the .38 at Bob. Bob shoots Windy with the Glock from near the point of their struggle (about 3 feet west of Windy’s deceased location, hence casing by the half-wall). Windy drops the .38 from her left hand as she falls.
    Bob, now the sole survivor, drops the Glock from his right hand which falls near the .38.

I thick i covered every bit of evidence in that explanation. Someone point out any holes i left. This is fun Fletch, Thanks!

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I just now clued into something that people seem to believe about the evidence, which isn't so, and needs to be made clear.

I said Joe was naked. I never said Wendy was. For the record, she's wearing a light sun dress with normal undergarments and sandals.

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I just now clued into something that people seem to believe about the evidence, which isn't so, and needs to be made clear.

I said Joe was naked. I never said Wendy was. For the record, she's wearing a light sun dress with normal undergarments and sandals.

Well, that just throws a big pickle in the gears doesn't it?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, I will take a crack at this.
    Bob did not have his Glock with him on his trip. He left it in his apartment and it was found by Joe prior to Bob's return home.

Bob gets back after a business trip to SLC. He had given windy a key to his apartment after their relationship had progressed some. Bob walks in to his apartment after getting home and finds his supposed new girlfriend, Windy, with Joe.
    Here is how it plays out:
    Bob walks through the entry door; he sees [STRIKE] Windy and Joe “going at it”[/STRIKE] Wendy giving Joe oral pleasure and starts yelling. Windy does not respond but instead grabs her .38 from her purse and confronts Bob with it. Bob struggles with Windy for the .38, knocking her around a bit (bruises). Bob successfully gets the .38 from Windy, meanwhile Joe reaches over and gets Bob’s Glock, which he had retrieved earlier, and shoots towards Bob missing both times (hitting half-wall). Seeing Joe reaching for the Glock, Bob takes cover in the living room. Bob returns fire from the living room through the glass hitting Joe 5 times out of 6 shots.
    In shock Bob runs back in the room to examine Joe and drops the .38 on the floor realizing what just happened. Bob then walks over to Joe to retrieve his Glock from Joe (just in case).
    While he is over by Joe getting the Glock, Windy recovers from her knockdown and sees Joe and the .38 on the floor. Windy goes for the .38 and Bob moves to intercept her. Bob and Windy struggle again and this time Windy prevails and points the .38 at Bob. Bob shoots Windy with the Glock from near the point of their struggle (about 3 feet west of Windy’s deceased location, hence casing by the half-wall). Windy drops the .38 from her left hand as she falls.
    Bob, now the sole survivor, drops the Glock from his right hand which falls near the .38.

I thick i covered every bit of evidence in that explanation. Someone point out any holes i left. This is fun Fletch, Thanks!

hole plugged.
    And pickle eaten, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

I spent several pages utterly baffled as to why people kept talking about rape. I'm like, "how does that even factor in here?". For a while I just sort of assumed it was being looked at as a matter of course, like going down a checklist: "female, deceased, sexual assault: yes/no".

Then I was all "Oooooohhhhhh...". :facepalm:

Must be the ass burgers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The bullet is behind her, not under her. Think of it as being in the floor by the east wall, so she was more or less upright at the time.

Rape is indeterminate. The bruises are consistent with fists or hands.

According to her former roommates, she dated Joe a couple of times but did not have a serious relationship. The roommates didn't like him, calling him a "thug". Their housing arrangement fell apart when one of the roommates got married and the other one got a job opportunity out of state. Wendy couldn't afford to carry the rent by herself, so they presumed she was looking for a smaller place.

OK, so if the bullet ended up in the floor, but was straight on into her sternum, it was fired by someone taller than she. Presumably, Joe is. Is Bob?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    A passable stand-in for Joe (minus the trophy belt of course):

AhmedJohnson.jpg

Wendy:

drew%2Bbarrymore%2Bhot%2Bimages_4.jpg

Bob (only without the hat):

5316026.jpg

Last edited:

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am very interested in hearing how this plays out. What i posted above (with or without Windy naked) is the only way i can explain the fingerprint on gun situation, casings and bullet impact points. But if Windy's bullet was on the floor away from her (as opposed to IN the floor) then Joe must have shot her.

Maybe i will make a little layout of the room with doll furniture and use GI Joe's and there guns for stand in's for Windy, Bob, and Joe... Might help me figure this out.

'Corse, then my son and daughter will want to play too...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Joe obviously did not have the .38. Even if he shot himself, he didn't do it five times after missing with one. Wendy had no powder residue, so she didn't shoot either. Thus, if Joe shot either of the guns here, it was the G30. The position of the casings and the bullets follows that theory, and that Joe likely was returning fire, since he didn't get all of his rounds off. It may also be that his aim was off due to wounds in his face. It was not said that the six .38 rounds are in a tight grouping, but Joe is still sitting on the bed, unclothed, covered only by the blanket. Possible he didn't want to get up for that reason, but I'd think saving your life is more important than saving your modesty. I think it's possible that Joe was returning fire, possibly at Bob, and accidentally shot Wendy. I can't see any evident reason why he would have shot her intentionally. I still am keeping in mind that Wendy's injuries may not have been what they seem... That just strikes me as too pat of a solution. This is, however, an invented scenario, and were it real, I think that that would seem more possible in that setting. Looking forward to finding out more, such as any statement that Bob might be allowed to make, and what other, non-physical evidence might come to light.

Fletch, maybe you said upthread, if so, sorry, I've forgotten. Were there any signs of alcohol or illicit drugs found in, on, or about any of the named players in this case? Were there any cars or other vehicles outside that might give a clue we haven't yet seen?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Joe had a serious amount to drink the night before. Wendy had trace amounts of THC, consistent with consumption probably a couple of weeks ago. Bob is clean.

As for this being a made-up scenario, this is a true statement, but the final explanation is not nearly as weird as some of the real shootings I've read about, particularly in Massad Ayoob's columns.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You said there were prints from Bob and Joe on the .45 and Bob and Wendy on the .38. Where on each gun were each set of prints? That is, do they indicate at all who was holding the guns at the time the trigger was pulled, vs. who was possibly trying to get a gun away from whom?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Both guns have the prints in shooting positions. Bob and Wendy's prints (Bob's on both guns) are also in non-shooting positions. Joe's prints are only in the shooting positions.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    I didn't read every post but I'm going to say Joe and Bob are friends and Bob lent Joe his Glock. Wendy bought an illegal .38 and shot Joe because he beat her? Then, either Joe or Bob shot Wendy with the Glock because she was shooting at Joe.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Before today's wrap-up, I'd like to ask if anyone knows the law regarding what the police have the power to do regarding interviewing Bob, once he's lawyered up. You always hear, "you have the right to have an attorney present during questioning", which sounds to me as though questioning will still happen. Do the police have the power to compel answers? Or can the attorney and suspect just sit there and stonewall until the police get bored? Is the "stonewall" tactic just viable through the entire process -- indictment, trial, etc. -- or is there some point where it becomes necessary or advantageous to put out one's own side of the story?

I ask this mostly because I'm intensely curious about how this whole thing works. Right now it looks like Bob's winning the poll, so I'm not too worried about his future. If Kirk (or anyone else) would like to render an opinion about the probable direction and resolution of the case, with what's on the table right now, I'd love to hear it.

Also, I'm curious about another aspect of this: let's say the case is left open. Bob may have told his attorney the whole story, but after it looks like he's not going to trial, he starts thinking about treatment for PTSD. No matter how you slice it, he's been through a traumatic event and may feel the need to talk about it. Is his attorney his only option? Psychiatrists are normally required to notify authorities when a patient tells them about a crime the authorities don't know about, but what if the crime has already been investigated? Would Bob's psychiatrist have to divulge whatever Bob talks about, or is that covered under doctor-patient privilege?

I'd love to hear anyone's opinions or thoughts on the above, as well as any additional theories as to what actually happened. I'll lay out the full story later today, probably in the late afternoon/early evening. The poll closes at 1300, and I'll be at a movie around then.

Top Bottom