• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ah at least you got a dro, that upgrade is what really caused a step change in my projects.
    One of the first upgrades I did when I got the mill. I'd be lost without that DRO. The ability to zero your position is priceless.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Switched back over to working on the STI gun this evening. Cleaned up the flat top and added some serrations with a 60 degree thread cutter. I really like the added tear drops at the ends, something I hadn't done before. Really happy with this one, probably my best top slide machining so far.

1000005055.jpg 1000005066.jpg 1000005065.jpg 1000005062.jpg 1000005063.jpg 1000005064.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It's extremely refreshing for me to see that there are some very talented craftsmen remaining in out instant gratification world. All the lathe and mill work I've done was pre-dro, it's amazing what can be accomplished with a little electronic assistance. Very impressive work! :thumbsup:
    I really appreciate the kind words! I've been in that instant gratification mindset for a very long time, so this endeavor is a big change of pace for me. This is a very long process, but each little chapter has its own small reward. I'm thankful for anyone who is taking interest in what I'm doing and sharing the journey with me. :ingo:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I really appreciate the kind words! I've been in that instant gratification mindset for a very long time, so this endeavor is a big change of pace for me. This is a very long process, but each little chapter has its own small reward. I'm thankful for anyone who is taking interest in what I'm doing and sharing the journey with me. :ingo:
    I don't know what your "day job" is but I believe there's a place in the market for someone with your skills.. Wish you were closer but fortunately AllenM is in my orbit if I need anything. I hope I'm wrong but it seems that people that understand attention to detail and take pride in their work are a dying breed. Seeing what you are doing and what I know Allen is capable of gives me hope. ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't know what your "day job" is but I believe there's a place in the market for someone with your skills.. Wish you were closer but fortunately AllenM is in my orbit if I need anything. I hope I'm wrong but it seems that people that understand attention to detail and take pride in their work are a dying breed. Seeing what you are doing and what I know Allen is capable of gives me hope. ;)
    Day job is in a completely different and unrelated industry. I work remotely from home at a computer desk 40 hours per work, all while dreaming about my after work adventures. I'd do this gunsmithing and scrap metal art for a living, but hard to walk away from a senior position after 11 years, even if it is boring and mostly annoying.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The ports will just be whatever color the slide gets. The contrast between the barrel and slide will show the ports well.
    Yeah, I was thinking color over all and that specifically between barrel and slide contrast. Not the ports specifically. I should have been more clear in my question.

Looking great.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom