• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Most warranties are limited to workmanship and materials. If a manufacturing or defect doesn't show up within 5 years, it probably doesn't exist.

I do see your point, but my experience with CZ would indicate no concern. Every manufacturer sells a turd from time to time. CZ isn't any different.

In general, for their handguns, the more use it has the better it gets...

BTW: I don't have a P10F but I do have P10C and it is a GREAT gun with the addition of an HBI trigger. Maybe the best striker trigger out there.

Alot of firearms companies also don't commit to a very good warranty in writing, but have great reputations for customer service, service after the sale, etc. No direct experience with CZ on this, but several others are known to do this. Some also have service policies that aren't warranties but pretty much take care of you.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just to be clear for DadSmith, Ruger has NO written warranty. They have a policy that pretty much follows what DadSmith said. Colt and Glock are generally respected firearms manufacturers they both have 1 year, first owner warranties.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I had not considered CZ's warranty and it would not have made a difference if I did.

SDgO4fZ.jpg

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Yes sir my kind of thread. I think I just might have a problem with CZ. I have there custom shop 75 shadow, sp-01 shadow, evo- scorpion, a 1994 compact, p-10c and my latest p-10f.
    I have not sold any but have thought about it till I get them out and shoot them, then it’s a nope back in the safe you go. I do carry my stock p-10c and shoot idpa with it. The others get to go to a few matches during the year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes sir my kind of thread. I think I just might have a problem with CZ. I have there custom shop 75 shadow, sp-01 shadow, evo- scorpion, a 1994 compact, p-10c and my latest p-10f.
    I have not sold any but have thought about it till I get them out and shoot them, then it’s a nope back in the safe you go. I do carry my stock p-10c and shoot idpa with it. The others get to go to a few matches during the year.

CKW (Spouse) bought me a custom shop Shadow. Having experienced the work of the Wizard and CGW's I was not that impressed with it beyond the fact my lovely spouse thought enough of me to buy it. I contacted the Wizard and passed it along. What was returned to me was smooth as butter. It is one of my favorites.
    And I like them all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just to be clear for DadSmith, Ruger has NO written warranty. They have a policy that pretty much follows what DadSmith said. Colt and Glock are generally respected firearms manufacturers they both have 1 year, first owner warranties.

A warr. always has a fuse unless so noted. And trust when I say the cost of a warr program is part of the purchase price of anything you buy. Anything. Warr. is not "Free". I have no idea where that concept comes from. CS/Warr is all figured into overhead/operating expense.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So basically do your research before you buy and not worry about the warranty. My main concern would be getting a lemon. I'd say you would know you had a lemon before the 1st year of a warranty would expire.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got turned on to the CZ brand reading the "original" CZ thread.
    I knew nothing about CZs till the summer of 2018 & I have since had 9 of them:

75B Omega
    75 SP-01 Tactical
    Shadow 2 (Wizard upgraded partially)
    Rami
    P-10
    P-09
    P-07
    75 SP-01 75 (2nd one)
    Rami (2nd one & Wizard upgraded with full Cajun package)

I kept the Shadow 2 which is the most magnificent gun ever in my hand.
    I recently picked up the 2nd Rami since I had to try a CZ with the full CGW package.

The Rami symbolizes everything I like about in a gun: size, hammer, all-metal, weight, upgrades, DA/SA.
    I don't even need it for CC b/c of a Sig 365 (picking up today) & 938, Kahr CT (picked up 2-3 weeks ago), Kimber 6s or for the range, b/c of the Shadow 2.
    I'm back to the point where a couple need "trimmed." :dunno: AGAIN. :ugh:
    But, I couldn't help myself: it's "perfect." :thumbsup: (OK, too big for my preferred pocket carry :))
    n4evdZV.jpg

Love the flat trigger. Don't know why everyone doesn't put them in when they do "trigger jobs."
    kW720Wa.jpg

Ignore Glock 17
    Zekwtek.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So basically do your research before you buy and not worry about the warranty. My main concern would be getting a lemon. I'd say you would know you had a lemon before the 1st year of a warranty would expire.

Pretty much. The lemons I have had were out of the box. Anything that broke down the road was easy peasy repairs. Major stuff as to owner error is not covered anyway.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Is the CZ P10 F basically a polymer version of the CZ75? I know its striker fired, I'm wondering about the ergonomics.

You're welcome to shoot mine if you like. We could go to the HHRP outdoor range at Gnaw Bone or meet up at Accuracy Unlimited east of Seymour.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You're welcome to shoot mine if you like. We could go to the HHRP outdoor range at Gnaw Bone or meet up at Accuracy Unlimited east of Seymour.

I warn DadSmith! Beware! :nono:
    gmcttr invited me to shoot his Shadow 2 two summers ago, and I was no longer happy with my CZ SP-01 Tactical that I was so proud of. :wallbash:
    2 weeks later I owned a Shadow 2, my most expensive gun. :dunno:

Sorry for the humor, gmcttr! :laugh:

Top Bottom