• ...and so much more!
  • hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey guys,
    I picked up a Shadow 2 yesterday. Can't wait to try it out this afternoon. I too have been looking at the cz bolt guns, they look great.

That Shadow 2 will make your head pop off your shoulders.!!

I love mine and have dry fired it with a foam earplug between the hammer drop and Firing Pin.

Work the action - work the trigger - point - sight picture - grip - work the trigger - trigger - trigger....ad nausem

Smooth as buttah now

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The Shadow 2 was my first CZ. I don't foresee ever letting it go.

Get yourself some Federal Syntech 150gr Action Pistol ammo for the best recoil impulse.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To me the warranty shows what the company values its products. I get what you are saying CM. The reviews from individuals make them sound solid. However, I'm not familiar with them so was hesitant about the buy. If the warranty was more appealing I'd have bought it. That's just the way I see things.

A lot of times, a company will offer a really good warranty to let them save money on QA. They can cut corners and allow tolerances to open a bit, knowing that most guns will work fine. But, the one’s that don’t are not a concern if they have good warranty coverage. In other words, a company can spend big dollars on quality assurance and control and deliver solid products, or they can cut costs by letting the customer find the guns that should not have made it out the door. Early RIA’s were like that and are still like that today, but to a lesser degree.

A good warranty lets a company cut costs in many different ways while still keeping most customers happy.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    A lot of times, a company will offer a really good warranty to let them save money on QA. They can cut corners and allow tolerances to open a bit, knowing that most guns will work fine. But, the one’s that don’t are not a concern if they have good warranty coverage. In other words, a company can spend big dollars on quality assurance and control and deliver solid products, or they can cut costs by letting the customer find the guns that should not have made it out the door. Early RIA’s were like that and are still like that today, but to a lesser degree.

A good warranty lets a company cut costs in many different ways while still keeping most customers happy.
    Very interesting!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hi 88
    The SA reset is controlled by the lower leg rear facing surface. If it will not reset I use a small diamond grinder to give clearance then polish smooth. This takes a lot of time so that you do not remove too much so grind, polish, test fit, grind, polish, test fit. The DA break is controlled by where the left side face on the disco drops in behind the trigger bar DA face. If it will not reset I use a diamond file to put a 90 degree break about 010 to 015 wide then polish smooth. Remember to go a little at a time and this will give you shorter reset and take up on the trigger.

This is why you are called ‘The Wizard’. You have the skill to tread where few rarely go and re-profiling a CZ disconnector by hand is proof.

Darthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Bargersville
    I shot about 150 rounds through the shadow 2 yesterday, very nice. Lok palmswell grips that came on it are a little big for me. I will try the factory grips next time and the 150 grain ammo suggested.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I had deep desires to put a flared magwell on my Shadow 2, but that never came to fruition and sold it. Sweet gun though! Accurate as a lazer beam.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My best CZ's have Hornet in their name. This one's longest varmint shot was 240 yards. I planned it in advance, and knew it was going to drop 18" with my 100 yard zero. Worked like a charm, and I saw the hit through the scope ... priceless. Also a great confidence booster when you know you can reach out there.

attachment.php

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My best CZ's have Hornet in their name. This one's longest varmint shot was 240 yards. I planned it in advance, and knew it was going to drop 18" with my 100 yard zero. Worked like a charm, and I saw the hit through the scope ... priceless. Also a great confidence booster when you know you can reach out there.

attachment.php

I love the look of the full stock CZs! They're kind of hard to find any more and usually command a bit of a premium.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had a buddy loan me his CZ P10c he had 17rd mags for it. I really liked it. However, going to CZ USA website I seen something I think I would want more it's the P09.
    My question is does the P10 and the P09 have the same style grip ergonomics?

Darthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Bargersville
    I've been thinking about trading my P-10c for a P-07 or P-09. Although it is very reliable and shoots well it makes contact with the joint on my thumb and makes my hand sore after shooting it much. That joint was fractured once and has some limited mobility and now that I am older it has arthritis. Some polymer guns affect me that way when shooting.

Darthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Bargersville
    I just retired guys so looking to shoot more this year, now that I have the shadow 2. Looks like the other cz thread may be where most of the shoots get discussed. I'll probably jump in there from time to time. Seems like you all know each other pretty well over there.
    Dwayne

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My first CZ, a P-01 that I over-payed a bit for back in the Gander Mtn days. But they had it in the case, and at the time they weren't abundant. No regrets... it's been Wizardized and is one I don't think I could ever bring myself to let go of. It's not the oldest gun in my collection (which is a 1987 S&W M19-5), but this is the gun I've owned the longest since purchased new in April of 2013:

B93hKCv.jpg
    [/IMG]

And one of a few unicorns I've been able to come by, this one via a member and wonderful guy on the Czicko thread - the P-01 Omega. This has been mildly upgraded with the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit, which I'm a HUGE fan of, as well as the reduced power TRS:

VcoXRZD.jpg
    [/IMG]

I'm definitely a fan.

Top Bottom