• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My wife bought me a smart phone for Christmas and I am still getting used to it...Last night when I got home I was telling her about Sylvain and what he does for us here on INGO and our fellow countrymen resting in Normandy....I was telling her and I had a "Duh" moment and said "Here honey, let me pull it up on my phone and just show you..." I did and handed her my phone....

She read through the thread and when she finished she had tears in her eyes...She then said, "Tell that boy if he ever comes to the US he has a place in Indiana to stay and he won't pay for a meal..."

I told her Sylvain could spend a month in Indiana from north to south and east to west and never be less than five miles from a meal and a place to stay...

God bless you and yours Sylvain....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My wife bought me a smart phone for Christmas and I am still getting used to it...Last night when I got home I was telling her about Sylvain and what he does for us here on INGO and our fellow countrymen resting in Normandy....I was telling her and I had a "Duh" moment and said "Here honey, let me pull it up on my phone and just show you..." I did and handed her my phone....

She read through the thread and when she finished she had tears in her eyes...She then said, "Tell that boy if he ever comes to the US he has a place in Indiana to stay and he won't pay for a meal..."

I told her Sylvain could spend a month in Indiana from north to south and east to west and never be less than five miles from a meal and a place to stay...

God bless you and yours Sylvain....

AMEN, to that ..... and I will surely cook .....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Huge thanks to Chris, aka Dirtebiker, for the flag. :patriot:

It was not easy making it fly with a 30 mph wind but I managed to do it.
    Since it was the high tide I couldn't plant the pole directly into the sand and with that much wind I had to find something heavy to secure it.

TRES BIEN!!

A convenient fallen bunker provided a sturdy stand.
    And what a better image than the star sprangled banner flying on top of a destroyed German bunker on D-Day?

xd2tl.jpg

2nu59l.jpg

Mistake fixed!

5b8k8j.jpg

Very thoughtful, and well done.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks my friend your posts and pictures are always great! I said a prayer yesterday for all the fallen and those who made it and paid for the rest of their lives. God bless America !

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thank you all for the kind words guys (and the free food offers :): ).
    I'm not sure how to respond to that.

It's an honor for me to represent INGO and my American brothers and sisters on occasions like that.
    And to have been trusted with the awesome gift of an American flag.:patriot:

I'm already pretty good at the triangular folding thingy ... :D
    No way to do that outside when it's that windy though, not alone anyway.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    2017 D-Day parade in Sainte-Mère-Eglise.

US Army, WW2 veterans, reenactors and WW2 vehicles.

[video=youtube;pseIvKOlCIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseIvKOlCIE[/video]

And ceremony.

[video=youtube;mWJmT7Fj_ac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWJmT7Fj_ac[/video]

Always cool to see vets signing autographs like rock stars! (Second video at 6:20) :patriot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You see a lot of WW2 vehicles during the summer around here.

I spotted this Jeep in somebody's front yard during a walk.
    I had to get a closer look and take some pictures.

zstkee.jpg

1zh1cmw.jpg

Top Bottom