• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wire cutter mounted in front.You don't see many vehicles with that, especially today as they are barely road legal.

152jn2f.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You get the Jeep and I'll bring my M1919. Togather well have a good time, until we are caught. :rockwoot:

Thanks for sharing those pictures. That a beautiful jeep.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That Jeep was formely owned by the French military and retrofited with markings in French in the 1950s.
    Also the speedometers changed to one in Km/h instead of the original mph.

2w7fpeh.jpg

207vuv5.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You get the Jeep and I'll bring my M1919. Togather well have a good time, until we are caught. :rockwoot:

Thanks for sharing those pictures. That a beautiful jeep.

The owner has one, just not mounted today (especially while parked outside with keys in the ignition).
    Cops don't like it when you drive it with a machine gun on top.
    He also had a M1 Garand fixed on the windshield.

He also has an original trailer to carry extra ammo. :rockwoot:
    The antenna with American flag is off as well.It has to fit into a small garage.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's a sweeet Jeep! You think these are relics found and fixed up from the war or? Thanks for the pictures your posts are always great!

It belonged to the French military for a few decades, then sold to the civilian market.
    It's why you have so many vehicles in great working order.

It was then painted back to its original WW2 markings.

They have been well maintained for years.
    I'm sure some were bought by civilians right after the war too, or found abandoned in some barns decades after the war.
    (Just last year I heard a story where they found a Sherman tank in the middle of nowhere, 72 years after the end of the war)

They all have a unique history.

The ones than have not been modified by the French military are more valuable; but at the same time it's also better to have a vehicle that has been maintained by professional mechanics for decades.
    And having a speedometer in Km/h that allows you to respect the speed limit is also a plus.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It belonged to the French military for a few decades, then sold to the civilian market.It's why you have so many vehicles in great working order.It was then painted back to its original WW2 markings.They have been well maintained for years.I'm sure some were bought by civilians right after the war too, or found abandoned in some barns decades after the war.(Just last year I heard a story where they found a Sherman tank in the middle of nowhere, 72 years after the end of the war)They all have a unique history.The ones than have not been modified by the French military are more valuable; but at the same time it's also better to have a vehicle that has been maintained by professional mechanics for decades.And having a speedometer in Km/h that allows you to respect the speed limit is also a plus.
    Thanks for the info, very awesome! I'm sure with the amount of equipment used during the first have if the last century there's hidden pieces aplenty. I see stories all the time of people in old Russian counties finding/digging for relics. The digging seems a bit crazy but to each their own.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks for the info, very awesome! I'm sure with the amount of equipment used during the first have if the last century there's hidden pieces aplenty. I see stories all the time of people in old Russian counties finding/digging for relics. The digging seems a bit crazy but to each their own.

Digging can be very risky when you're most likely to find unexploded ordnances.

Just last month someone in my area found 2 live panzerfäustes (German RPG) in the woods.

Just sitting there, someone dug them out and thought it was to dangerous to load them in their car probably.

The bomb squad had to destroy them on site, they don't take the risk of moving those.

IMG_4058.JPG

Most stuff are found in people's atiques nowadays.
    Things they found after the war (like guns left behind by the Germans) and that they kept without telling anyone (usually illegally when it comes to machine guns and ammo).
    Then when they die their family find them.

You often see that in the news.
    Just recently someone died (I think in Normandy) and the authorities found hundreds of explosives, hand grenades, machine guns, rifles, huge bombs etc ... in his house.
    It took over a week to clear the house.

The guy had enough explosives to blow up the entire neighborhood, all rusty stuff than can go off if you drop them.

I had a firearms instructor who told me his dad used own a gun store.
    When his dad passed away they found a bunch of WW2 guns, with a bunch of full-auto "off the book" stuff that he used to collect.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Digging can be very risky when you're most likely to find unexploded ordnances.

Just last month someone in my area found 2 live panzerfäustes (German RPG) in the woods.

Just sitting there, someone dug them out and thought it was to dangerous to load them in their car probably.

The bomb squad had to destroy them on site, they don't take the risk of moving those.

IMG_4058.JPG

Most stuff are found in people's atiques nowadays.
    Things they found after the war (like guns left behind by the Germans) and that they kept without telling anyone (usually illegally when it comes to machine guns and ammo).
    Then when they die their family find them.

You often see that in the news.
    Just recently someone died (I think in Normandy) and the authorities found hundreds of explosives, hand grenades, machine guns, rifles, huge bombs etc ... in his house.
    It took over a week to clear the house.

The guy had enough explosives to blow up the entire neighborhood, all rusty stuff than can go off if you drop them.

I had a firearms instructor who told me his dad used own a gun store.
    When his dad passed away they found a bunch of WW2 guns, with a bunch of full-auto "off the book" stuff that he used to collect.

I have no doubts whatsoever about that, I can imagine the thought was if this happens again we will be ready to hit it with all we can from here! Agree on the danger of digging, just not worth the risk unless it's an accident. If we only knew a small percentage of what's hidden in houses across Europe it would blow our mind!

Top Bottom