Dallas officer shoots man in apartment she thought was hers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The door lock info may corroborate or disprove her story to some degree. IIRC it was reported that she said the door opened when she put her key in, indicating (since it was the wrong door) that it might have been unlocked or even open a bit. If the lock data shows the door was closed and locked, she has some more 'splaining to do. If the data shows she went to her own apartment first and then to Jean's, then she has some serious 'splaining to do. And if the data shows that Jean's door was unlocked, or that her key would have opened Jean's lock even though it was the wrong door, that shores up her version of the story. (The last occurs to me because I just had one of my UHaul customers take the right key, get in the wrong truck...and drive off.)

I did that once in a hotel with the card key locks. Went to wrong floor walked to , say, 831 instead of 731. Opened the door and realized it wasn’t my room (no one in it!). Immediately went to my room....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I booked a hotel downtown once and took my wife out. I had put some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in there earlier in the day. After dinner and drinks at Nicky Blane’s we walked into the hotel since I said I needed the bathroom. I came out holding a key and said I bet I know whose room this is. She took the bet, I went to our room and went to open it. She freaked out because I was going to try to open someone’s door. Physically tried to stop me. Again, we just had some drinks. I manage to get the key in and open the door, she then stops to look inside and sees it’s really a room for us. Hah.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I don't see it as a cop shooting either. It was a person who walked into what she thought was her apartment and shot what she thought was an intruder. Not saying that she was right, but it wasn't as if she was on the job checking the place for a suspect.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't see it as a cop shooting either. It was a person who walked into what she thought was her apartment and shot what she thought was an intruder. Not saying that she was right, but it wasn't as if she was on the job checking the place for a suspect.

This will be an interesting one to follow.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait, what? Is she trying that old chestnut of a defense, "I was distracted by phone sex, so entered the wrong apartment and shot a guy."

I swear the Chewbacca defense is more logical.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wait... she was getting wang pics from another officer 30 mins earlier and was on the phone with him when she went to wrong door and shot the guy? That is not gonna sit well with a jury

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably fearing life in prison, I'm sure you'd come up with any excuse you could think of

OK........having lived in and been around many different apts. I would now if it was my place right off. Door locked/unlocked.....red flag from the get go. Having been completely smashed and finding my door. I call total :bs: on this entire thing.
    This chick has screwed the pooch.

Top Bottom