Dallas officer shoots man in apartment she thought was hers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    [FONT=&quot]“When can I come over?” Martin Rivera, identified as the person Guyger was texting with, asked in his message.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“You can come over after this,” Guyger responded in an apparent allusion to her finishing up at work.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]She then texted to Rivera: “super horny today too,” to which Rivera responded, “me too.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That prompted Guyger to ask him in her next text: “Do you wanna touch?”

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hermus also discussed bullet trajectories suggesting Jean was in a crouched position when he was shot and argued Guyger didn’t do anything to try to save Jean after she shot him.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"She should've been giving 100 percent of her attention to that man. 100 percent," Hermus said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Should you be giving 100 percent of your attention to the person dying in front of you, if you can?" Hermus asked Rivera.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yes," he replied.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Should you be sending text messages?" Hermus asked.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"No," Rivera admitted.

Hmm looks kinda bad?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are so many things here that don't add up.

I will give someone about the first 2 or 3 days of living in a place to make a mistake about their door....although crazy confusing things like numbers usually help. After that- I'm thinking altered in some way.

I'm not going back and reading through everything- is there any evidence one way or the other about that? I guess looking down at the phone and walking like a zombie is a form of being altered, but geez.

Oh, and that's a high-quality pair of people there, the shooter and her partner​.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The fact she was distracted with sexting a supervisor isn’t as relevant to me as her text that she “F’ed up.” A jury won’t appreciate her sending texts about her own troubles rather than doing something to try to save this guy.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The fact she was distracted with sexting a supervisor isn’t as relevant to me as her text that she “F’ed up.” A jury won’t appreciate her sending texts about her own troubles rather than doing something to try to save this guy.

What were the injuries? Did she mag dump the guy’s chest?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There are so many things here that don't add up.

I will give someone about the first 2 or 3 days of living in a place to make a mistake about their door....although crazy confusing things like numbers usually help. After that- I'm thinking altered in some way.

There have been a number of wrong-door shootings in Texas -- I think they get big play from the generally anti-2A newpapers -- but they involved the person-at-the-wrong-house being shot by the legal occupant. In every case that I know of, the person-at-the-wrong-house was significantly impaired by something, drugs or alcohol, or both -- but not to the point they couldn't hammer on the door, threaten the occupants, kick in the door, etc. They were absolutely convinced they were at the right door, but as I noted, they had "help" in this misperception.

In this case, the occupant would have been absolutely within his rights to shoot her -- had he been armed and aware.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There have been a number of wrong-door shootings in Texas -- I think they get big play from the generally anti-2A newpapers -- but they involved the person-at-the-wrong-house being shot by the legal occupant. In every case that I know of, the person-at-the-wrong-house was significantly impaired by something, drugs or alcohol, or both -- but not to the point they couldn't hammer on the door, threaten the occupants, kick in the door, etc. They were absolutely convinced they were at the right door, but as I noted, they had "help" in this misperception.

In this case, the occupant would have been absolutely within his rights to shoot her -- had he been armed and aware.

How many of those "wrong door" cases involved a person not recognizing their own home?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It's interesting that this case appears to me to get much more national attention than the one in Houston involving Detective Goines, who is charged with two counts of felony murder for a "botched" drug raid last based on a phony warrant he arranged. Another officer is charged with providing false information, and a YUGE number of current cases have been tossed, and a YUGER number of past cases are under review by the DA. Two people (and their dog) were killed in the raid, allegedly using deadly force against the officers, four officers (including Detective Goines) were wounded, and one injured his knee. The information that has leaked out hasn't exactly fully supported the police's version of how the shooting happened.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    How many of those "wrong door" cases involved a person not recognizing their own home?

All of them, it seems. It's hard to interview the dead, but they include accounts of the person yelling to be let into their own house, being let off by a cab in front of their similar neighbor's house, trying to enter a wrong house that was in the "right place" but was one street over. (That happened in little ol' Seguin, where I live.)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can see how this happens. Sometimes during a rectal exam you accidentally do a vaginal exam. When it’s dark and you’re uncomfortable sometimes you go to the wrong door

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I can see how this happens. Sometimes during a rectal exam you accidentally do a vaginal exam. When it’s dark and you’re uncomfortable sometimes you go to the wrong door

So you get intoxicated before doing a rectal? Can't blame ya.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is all going to hinge on how big those phone pix distractions really were.
    Yep, I'm predickting large, oversized charts with detailed schlong pictures displayed throughout the courtroom complete with an evidence measuring scale so the whole world will get to size up her partners favorite willy club.

For the record, I have tried to unlock the wrong apartment doors in an apartment we had early in my marriage and I have also gotten lost many times at friends apartments before. Even entering the wrong buildings. Especially when you get off the elevator and the floor plans are identical. Usually they try to paint the floors different but that isn't always the case.

And that's all without some dude from work sending me his pecker pictures. :n00b:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is all going to hinge on how big those phone pix distractions really were.
    Yep, I'm predickting large, oversized charts with detailed schlong pictures displayed throughout the courtroom complete with an evidence measuring scale so the whole world will get to size up her partners favorite willy club.

For the record, I have tried to unlock the wrong apartment doors in an apartment we had early in my marriage and I have also gotten lost many times at friends apartments before. Even entering the wrong buildings. Especially when you get off the elevator and the floor plans are identical. Usually they try to paint the floors different but that isn't always the case.

And that's all without some dude from work sending me his pecker pictures. :n00b:

I have too. After a shift, when I lived in an apartment, I stopped on the 2nd floor rather than the third, I tried to use my key, and found the door locked. I immediately discovered my mistake, but because I had pulled on the door, I knocked, made contact with the resident, and apologized.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have too. After a shift, when I lived in an apartment, I stopped on the 2nd floor rather than the third, I tried to use my key, and found the door locked. I immediately discovered my mistake, but because I had pulled on the door, I knocked, made contact with the resident, and apologized.

You didn't shoot him? :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Top Bottom