• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Wow. They should take care of it 100%. Is the reason the range isn't being formally named that they are an INGO advertiser?

Nope, no names until action or inaction is taken. Based on legal advice. Names are just guesses at this point. The discussion I was going for is who you thought was responsible and if you think it's too much to expect the range to cover the replacement costs. SilencerCo is sending a new can, but there are still costs associated such as shipping, tax stamp, transfer, and a new cover that was never recovered by the range.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Nope, no names until action or inaction is taken. Based on legal advice. Names are just guesses at this point. The discussion I was going for is who you thought was responsible and if you think it's too much to expect the range to cover the replacement costs. SilencerCo is sending a new can, but there are still costs associated such as shipping, tax stamp, transfer, and a new cover that was never recovered by the range.

Makes sense. How could they not recover the cover? Wouldn't it just be back in the baffle area? I think they just didn't look for it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Range probably had him sign one of those "we aren't responsible for ****, even if it's our fault liability waiver things" so he will probably lose regardless. Gun owners just need to boycott that place once we find out point blank which one it is

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have exactly zero experience with purchase/transfer/repair/etc. of an NFA item, so I guess I am looking at this from an outsider perspective.

Range should have called a cease fire. They did not. They are responsible for whatever happened to that can as a result of not calling a cease fire. They should cover associated costs to replace/repair damaged can.

ETA:
    Hypothetically: My negligence caused me to knock my handgun off of the platform and fall downrange by a couple feet. Would the range not call a cease fire to retrieve my handgun that may or may not be loaded and pointed back toward the firing line?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    one of their employees probably stuck it in their pocket

True! Last time I was in there was last winter when I had to fully check out a couple of new builds and it was too cold outside. I think there was only one familiar face and that was the young blond woman doing the check in. It was a great place when they first opened but they really have gone downhill. The RSO's used to be in the range area all the time but the last time I was there he spent all of his time futzing around behind the counter. Seemed there wasn't anyone over the age of 25 working there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Range probably had him sign one of those "we aren't responsible for ****, even if it's our fault liability waiver things" so he will probably lose regardless. Gun owners just need to boycott that place once we find out point blank which one it is
    You realize, at this point, it doesn't look like it was PB, right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The way I see it, the range is liable for any damage that occurred AFTER it was launched downrange. Their failure to retrieve it, knowing the value of the item, weighed against the extreme risk of additional damage caused by the dangerous environment, was negligent.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same as leaving your car at the dealer for work and finding out they let people come in and hit it with a hammer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    yeah, but IF your car was ALREADY totalled, what actual harm to your car did the hammer hit cause?

Doesn't matter. If you leave an item in the care of another they are wholly responsible.
    Beyond that they REQUIRED that he leave it, they didn't give him a choice.
    At that point they accepted all responsibility for the item. Legally and otherwise.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Even if there were baffle strikes, which there aren't, it doesn't change the fact that there's huge dents on the outside of the can due to their negligence.

Baffle strikes doesn't mean totaled. Big ass dents in the can do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Doesn't matter. If you leave an item in the care of another they are wholly responsible.
    Beyond that they REQUIRED that he leave it, they didn't give him a choice.
    At that point they accepted all responsibility for the item. Legally and otherwise.
    Bailment.

Dang its been a long time since I've seen an issue with that in the real world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailment

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Even if there were baffle strikes, which there aren't, it doesn't change the fact that there's huge dents on the outside of the can due to their negligence.

True, but my point is thst IF there were baffle strikes it would have ALREADY been ruined (like a totalled car) and any additional damage would not CHANGE THE FACT that it was already RUINED. However, since there are no baffle strikes, THEN the can WAS ruined by the negligence of the range.

Top Bottom