• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Then i blame the republicans for failing to do so, im sure we've had as many if not more republican presidents, yet for some reason people want to blame the libs for Welfare, writing history boooks (really man?) etc etc. If they are such bad ideas, WHY DONT REPUBLICANS REPEAL THOSE THINGS? Is it because they're scared? "I hate all those things the democratic president before me signed into law, but im not going to take em away." :n00b:

That would be because Republicans have seldom held power since the 1930s, and of course, the 1960s dissidents and revolutionaries left the streets and went into academia and government, while the Republicans mainly joined the military or went into business and enriched themselves and the economy.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Sorry Stud, but its the libs that write the history books regardless of any legitimate standing; or have you not been paying attention?

Liberal, conservative, yadda yadda. The one's who write American history books are Americans. They'll almost always tend to leave things out that makes Americans look bad, unless of course, we're talking about the Founding Fathers. Then there's no end to the criticism it seems.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I didn't realize that you equated politicians with members of the armed forces.

My bad. Guess I need to brush up more on my military jargon.

Yes, your bad. I wouldn't necessarily personally equate "politicians" to service to the country. I also wouldn't necessarily equate serving as Secretary of Defense as service to the country, but since I was in the military when Cheney and Rumsfeld served, I would equate THEIR tenure as Secretary of Defense as "service to the nation."

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    You guys are rough. Do you want his mom to get upset about him jumping around down in the basement?

Maybe it will force him to do some actual cooking or he will complain to his friends on WOW.

Last edited:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Now that i think about it ... I think this hatred started when the Hebrews murdered every man woman and child in more or less every village they came across on their way to the "Holy land." Most of the now Muslim nations hated the Hebrews before they were Muslims. When the Muslim religion came around, and the Christian religion also, it just helped define the lines. The Christians were with the Jews, and the Muslims werent. :dunno: Its funny how the little things will set a group off against another, Christians and Muslims believe in the same god, even Mohammed said so, yet fight because.....?

FYFT. Everybody always wants to pick on the Jews... Maybe you should look at the real root of things. Muslims promote violence, whereas the Jews arent going to take it on the chin without serious repercussions.

Maybe, just maybe, if you looked at things you would realize how good the Jews are for things. Ever heard of the Predator Drone and the Raptor UAV... guess who was responsible for pioneering that technology... IAI.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    no, his service to the armed forces is common knowledge

Uhhh...

You do realize that he was the 17th SecDef (Secretary of Defense). Serving the Country from March 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993. Prior to that he was the House Majority Whip January 3, 1989 – March 20, 1989, being succeeded by Newt Gingrich. Prior to that he was A Member of the House from Wyoming. With a start in Professional Politics as President Fords Chief of Staff...

I would say he has served both his State and Country quite well... :popcorn:

As far as the BFF comment. It is amazing at the People one can meet if they are not afraid to climb off of their couch...

So Dick Cheney served as a member of the Armed forces while in the capacity of secretary of defense? So Cheney's military contribution at least matches or exceeds say a Spec 4, who signed up the traditional way? Lol, Epic fail at knowing how your country works.

I hate to bust this lil fantasy world you guys are having, but the Secretary of Defense is considered part of civilian leadership of the military. And the same holds true for Sec/Army, Navy, etc...

Don't get caught up in you own words trying to be right.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, your bad. I wouldn't necessarily personally equate "politicians" to service to the country. I also wouldn't necessarily equate serving as Secretary of Defense as service to the country, but since I was in the military when Cheney and Rumsfeld served, I would equate THEIR tenure as Secretary of Defense as "Disservice to the nation."

Fixed for accuracy.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So Dick Cheney served as a member of the Armed forces while in the capacity of secretary of defense? So Cheney's military contribution at least matches or exceeds say a Spec 4, who signed up the traditional way? Lol, Epic fail at knowing how your country works.

I hate to bust this lil fantasy world you guys are having, but the Secretary of Defense is considered part of civilian leadership of the military. And the same holds true for Sec/Army, Navy, etc...

The impact of Cheney's service to the Armed Forces is far > than that of your average E4...epic fail....really?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Maybe it will force him to do some actual cooking or he will complain to his friends on WOW.

Since you're newtothis, I'll let you in on a little secret. Saying idiotic stuff like this doesn't make you popular like the big kids. It just makes you sound ignorant. You don't know a single thing about me.

+1

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

WTF do you get your talking points from?!

Show me one post in this entire thread by myself that I have referred to the Position of the SecDef as a Member of the Military...

Epic Fail is back on you again...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Show me one post in this entire thread by myself that I have referred to the Position of the SecDef as a Member of the Military...

How exactly do you define someone who "serves the military"?

That is the statement in contention. Since that statement was in the context of questioning someone's cowardice, I would take the logical step to assume that he meant serving in combat situations. If that's not what he meant, then what does "cowardice" have to do with anything? He proved he wasn't a coward by being a politician?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Really?!

Dec 20, 1989 Panama...
    Aug 1990 Desert Storm...
    1992 Somalia...
    1994 Haiti...
    1995 Bosnia...
    1999 Yugoslavia...
    1999 Albania...
    2000 Macedonia...
    2001 Afghanistan...
    2002 Philippines...
    2003 Iraq...

How many more times do you need to be asked?!

Oh, you choose to go to College, and become a Cop. A job that is Draft Deferred...
    :dunno:

To me a Civilian Career is a Civilian Career. Be it LEO, Fire Fighter, EMT, Paramedic, Mayor, Senator, Representative, SecDef, etc, etc...

Without looking up the Classification of the Deferment, I would suspect that the first 4 were 1-S (C) (Student deferred by statute (College). Induction can be deferred either to the end of the student's current semester if an undergraduate or until the end of the academic year if a Senior.). So 4 Deferments equate out to 2 years of College. Whoopee freaking do. I personally feel YOU have not earned the Privileged to call anyone a Coward for their lack of Military Service, Whether or not they Dodged a Draft Period or not. Now your Father, different Story, he EARNED the Privilege to call someone a Coward for their Lack of Military Service...

Actually, that would be Your Logic not mine.

I was just merely providing examples of times YOUR Country had Called out Her need for Young Men during your possible Lifetime...

Humorous...

I think you are starting to sound like Obama and the Dems though... :popcorn:

Really...
    Then WTF do you mean by this...

I really doubt my knowledge of Cheney is lacking... ;)
    I know the family pretty well actually... :popcorn:

Uhhh...

You do realize that he was the 17th SecDef (Secretary of Defense). Serving the Country from March 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993. Prior to that he was the House Majority Whip January 3, 1989 – March 20, 1989, being succeeded by Newt Gingrich. Prior to that he was A Member of the House from Wyoming. With a start in Professional Politics as President Fords Chief of Staff...

I would say he has served both his State and Country quite well... :popcorn:

As far as the BFF comment. It is amazing at the People one can meet if they are not afraid to climb off of their couch...

All my quotes for YOUR ease of reference...

Work your magic and pull something out of your ass Magic Man... :popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How exactly do you define someone who "serves the military"?
    Once again, I will ask WTH did I ever say he was in the Military?!

I have said he has served his State and Nation.

That is the statement in contention. Since that statement was in the context of questioning someone's cowardice, I would take the logical step to assume that he meant serving in combat situations. If that's not what he meant, then what does "cowardice" have to do with anything? He proved he wasn't a coward by being a politician?
    Exactly WTF does it have to do with anything?! The Person who has thrown the Coward Comment out repeatedly has never Served in the Military either. He himself choose to go to College and have a Civil Service Career instead. :dunno::popcorn:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    All my quotes for YOUR ease of reference...

Work your magic and pull something out of your ass Magic Man... :popcorn:

I was referring to a statement made by Destro, I believe.

All I got from that useless stream of text was a lot of "..." and a whole lot of popcorn eating.

Anyways, feel free to answer the actual question.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I guess I just don't understand how someone who never served the armed forces can call someone who did serve the armed forces a coward...and in the long run,our country wasprobably better off that he did get the deferments

I have done no such thing; nor would I ever. You're clear Cheney never served right? He quote "I had other priorities during the 60's than military service."

Really...
    Then WTF do you mean by this...

This is the actual point in contention. So, I ask again, how do you define one who "serves the armed forces"?

Top Bottom