• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    That link was crazy, apparently I got a ticket for not having tail lights. I totally don't remember that at all. I remember fixing them, but I don't remember getting a ticket. Weird!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase#/vw/Search

Search yourself, and you'll see any court case against you, including those in warrant status. Unless it's sealed, but that's very rare.

Ha! My 2013 "Expired plates" charge is in there. Carmel Judge Poindexter is an ass! The car (rarely driven at the time) was registered and had new plates. I only forgot to swap them onto the car. The new registration slip & plate fell down into the hatch. I had only displayed the wrong plate.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    But, back to the subject.

I have a crazy sister-in-law I don't mean the ditzy clingy ex- girlfriend kind of crazy, I mean the kind where the doctors do shots to calm their nerves after dealing with her kind of crazy. She has threatened my wife, two brothers and me with physical harm on occasion. Is it possible that she could have filed for a protective order on any of us? Or would we have been notified by the court first? She is very paranoid and that seems like something she would do just to stir the pudding. I understand that domestic abuse and court orders would be a big red flag to NICS.

I am proud to say that I have no reason to understand how that kind of thing works.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Good luck. I have a coworker who was denied. He has IN LTCH and passed numerous work BG checks. He’s about 3 yrs into the appeal process.

People ask why I’m against BG checks and UBCs.... this right here.

-rvb

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase#/vw/Search

Search yourself, and you'll see any court case against you, including those in warrant status. Unless it's sealed, but that's very rare.

It says I have a seatbelt ticket “pending” from 2006. I was 18 years old then, and always pay my tickets within a week of getting them. Haven’t had a ticket since I was 21. That’s got me confused and worried.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It says I have a seatbelt ticket “pending” from 2006. I was 18 years old then, and always pay my tickets within a week of getting them. Haven’t had a ticket since I was 21. That’s got me confused and worried.

Meh, it's not a perfect system.

My name returns no results, yet my early driving record was at least, colorful.;)

My dad, a former OTR truck driver has pages, going back to the early 90s.:laugh:

My wife's single ticket, 77/55 from 1994, even shows up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Speeding- 2007, 2011, 2017.
    Seat belt- 2011...but was wearing seat belt, officer cut me a break by writing it up for seat belt instead of 68 in a 45.

There were a few other stops which resulted in warnings.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure how I've managed, but I see that I've been ticket free since 2006.

I guess the cops have never been in the right place at the right time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I might have an answer for you as this just came up in the office. As part of the new "NICS Fix" that was pushed through recently, a lot of OLD denials are being uploaded into NICS that weren't in there before. As in 1970's old. It's possible someone with your name and DOB was denied 40 years ago, and your denial is based on that one. A pilot from another state contacted us because he's denied for a car theft arrest in 1979. It's not him, it's a guy from a different state, but name and DOB match. He's got to contact the FBI with the info and show it's not him. The old files apparently didn't match by height/weight/ssn/eye color/etc. so the fact they have different SSN and eye color is irrelevant as far as the system is concerned.
    So by "fixing NICS" there are significantly more things broken than before. That's right, this da guhbuhment.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The FBI denied me a UPIN and said the problem was fixed. I tried to buy and continue to buy but get an automatic delay. I'm actually amused by it and not bothered but I have never been DENIED.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I went through a streak of being delayed several times, but never denied, and has never happened again since then. Only thing I can figure is that there was someone out there with a similar name (maybe?) who had some kind of background. Maybe you are experiencing a similar type of mix-up?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The FBI denied me a UPIN and said the problem was fixed. I tried to buy and continue to buy but get an automatic delay. I'm actually amused by it and not bothered but I have never been DENIED.

But it makes buying at a gun show a pain in the backside.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I might have an answer for you as this just came up in the office. As part of the new "NICS Fix" that was pushed through recently, a lot of OLD denials are being uploaded into NICS that weren't in there before. As in 1970's old. It's possible someone with your name and DOB was denied 40 years ago, and your denial is based on that one. A pilot from another state contacted us because he's denied for a car theft arrest in 1979. It's not him, it's a guy from a different state, but name and DOB match. He's got to contact the FBI with the info and show it's not him. The old files apparently didn't match by height/weight/ssn/eye color/etc. so the fact they have different SSN and eye color is irrelevant as far as the system is concerned.

Geez. I have a really common first/last name and I give my SSN to avoid false matches. Sounds like that may not be enough now that they've fixed NICS. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom