• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Sorry I haven't been able to get back to this thread for while, but I have an update. When I filed my appeal the form said that they would get back to me in 5 working days with a general reason for the denial. This wasn't reassuring news. But much to my surprise on Monday I received a letter from DOJ stating that my name had been associated with some douche nozzle in Burlington NJ who had a protective order filed against him in 1998. Just as an aside the farthest East I have ever been was Redding PA. But even more surprising to me was that they included the name and address of the police department involved. So after just a few calls I was able to contact a very nice lady in the records department (women are powerless to resist my charm, even over the telephone.) I faxed her the info that I received along with a copy of my DL, LTCH and contact info, and she is looking up records today.

I will report more as I receive it. Thanks to all of you who have provided ideas for future purchases.

as i said get a UPIN and it won't happen again....

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Well, at this point the county courthouse hasn’t returned my call. I called the BTPD and asked if they would fax the letter that they sent to me to the Appeal Service Team at NICS the BTPD said that they couldn’t send the letter without a direct request from the AST. So I sent a fax myself with the letter, copies of my DL and LTCH, and carefully worded letter explaining that I am ready to provide whatever info they need to jail break the receiver that I back ordered from McKay almost three months ago. Normally I’m not so anxious to provide any more personal information than necessary to the Federal Government, but I just want my flippin receiver before Parabellum has to send it back to McKay.

In one situation the father, son and mother were all denied they then turned to me asked me if I would buy it for them!
    Brad will you please by a gun for me?

Disclaimer: if anyone from the ATF is reading this, that question was a joke used for comic relief only. I don’t even know Brad and wouldn’t ask him to do that under any circumstances. I promise. Really I do.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would help you out but I am in NJ stalking people and stealing stuff !
    When I get caught I give a false name works every time.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I would help you out but I am in NJ stalking people and stealing stuff !
    When I get caught I give a false name works every time.

I doubt it. You seem like too nice a guy for that kind of behavior. The scenario that I envision goes more like this.

Some felonious butt nugget gets all liquored up and finds his lot lizard girlfriend in the arms of some other Romeo. He then beats her up in the parking lot of some NJ truck stop winning himself a restraining order. While loudpedal is denied some quality pew,pew,pew time (which he so richly deserves) with a fun new weapon. :xmad:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hmm, I always give my SSN too because I thought the whole point of that was to avoid being confused with someone else with my name.

It is. But with "FIX NICS" records that were created before anyone was thinking they would have to be uploaded to NICS are being uploaded to NICS. The older data doesn't include a lot of the identifiers newer data does because it wasn't originally gathered for this purpose.

Imagine you run a auto parts store. You have to keep records on make, model, and year of car for each purpose for warranty claims. Then 10 years down the road, the home office wants all the info and also wants color and VIN, so you start tracking that and uploading it to the home office. Then *another* 10 years down the road the home office demands you upload that first ten 10 years of data, too. Well, you didn't capture a lot of the now-required info because it wasn't relevant or required then, so now your database contains a lot of incomplete records.

That's basically what's happening. The law may have been well intentioned, and there's probably some nutballs who weren't in the system that now are, but unfortunately it is affecting people who now have matches due to incomplete data that was never meant for the system.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The government is crap at data coordination anyway...otherwise I wouldn't be going to get a TSA Precheck interview next week with my birth cert, because a IN Secure ID isn't good enough, nor are my decades of holding a security clearance.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    It is. But with "FIX NICS" records that were created before anyone was thinking they would have to be uploaded to NICS are being uploaded to NICS. The older data doesn't include a lot of the identifiers newer data does because it wasn't originally gathered for this purpose.

Imagine you run a auto parts store. You have to keep records on make, model, and year of car for each purpose for warranty claims. Then 10 years down the road, the home office wants all the info and also wants color and VIN, so you start tracking that and uploading it to the home office. Then *another* 10 years down the road the home office demands you upload that first ten 10 years of data, too. Well, you didn't capture a lot of the now-required info because it wasn't relevant or required then, so now your database contains a lot of incomplete records.

That's basically what's happening. The law may have been well intentioned, and there's probably some nutballs who weren't in the system that now are, but unfortunately it is affecting people who now have matches due to incomplete data that was never meant for the system.

Is all the ""FIX NICS" records uploaded into the system yet?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just got back from my trip and TSA PreCheck thing...after being denied in DC and Syracuse NY from signing up this guy at MSP said my IN ID was just fine...of course I'd brought my Berth Cert and SocSec card...:xmad:

Top Bottom