• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    if you submit fingerprints and copies of all your paperwork to the FBI via a Voluntary Appeal File, you'll get a UPIN and be able to skirt delays when purchasing. The PIN number will link the person conducting the check (from the FBI) to your documentation that you're a proper person and you'll get a proceed almost always. This is a much quicker way of getting your documents to the FBI than "sending them and waiting for them to update their records".

link to info for VAF: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/voluntary-appeal-file-video

link to VAF application: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/vaf-form-25.pdf

This is the quickest and easiest way to get the FBI updated. I followed this procedure myself with no attorney and it was very quick and painless.

I hope this helps.

Thank you. Just what I was looking for.

tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    Ok who in Indianapolis does inked fingerprints. I paid morphotrust $21 and went to my appointment this morning to be told we dont do inked prints.

tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    Thanks everyone I called IMPD yesterday.will be going Friday morning before my flight to Orlando.Vacation has finally come.I'm burnt out working 6 days a week 10 hours a day.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    if you submit fingerprints and copies of all your paperwork to the FBI via a Voluntary Appeal File, you'll get a UPIN and be able to skirt delays when purchasing. The PIN number will link the person conducting the check (from the FBI) to your documentation that you're a proper person and you'll get a proceed almost always. This is a much quicker way of getting your documents to the FBI than "sending them and waiting for them to update their records".

link to info for VAF: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/voluntary-appeal-file-video

This is the quickest and easiest way to get the FBI updated. I followed this procedure myself with no attorney and it was very quick and painless.

I hope this helps.

Late response but... Would that help for a current denial, or just going forward?

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the links.

Sent my VAF today and the wait begins.

Have you got your results back yet? Im curious on the results, ill be submitting mine soon.

Elkrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2016
    Elkhart
    I got my expungement in mid November 2016 and two weeks later applied for LTCH with my local sheriff. My record was not yet clear and I had to send my expungement order in with the application. It was forwarded to the state and I'm just waiting. As I went to look at the FBI's Voluntary Appeal File I noticed they repeatedly say you should wait until you're denied and THEN make an appeal, at which time their appeal team will tell you if you're a good candidate for the VAF. But hearing there have been ATF visits precipitated by denials for people like me, I'm thinking I might just file for the VAF first. At least doing it in that order I won't catch a SWAT team.

tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    I got my expungement in mid November 2016 and two weeks later applied for LTCH with my local sheriff. My record was not yet clear and I had to send my expungement order in with the application. It was forwarded to the state and I'm just waiting. As I went to look at the FBI's Voluntary Appeal File I noticed they repeatedly say you should wait until you're denied and THEN make an appeal, at which time their appeal team will tell you if you're a good candidate for the VAF. But hearing there have been ATF visits precipitated by denials for people like me, I'm thinking I might just file for the VAF first. At least doing it in that order I won't catch a SWAT team.
    .It took a little over 60 days for ISP to issue my LTCH after receiving my expungment.The FBI sent me a nice letter after my 4473 denial.I called the Indy FBI office who issued the letter and never got a visit.The suck part is waiting a year for them to update my record and maybe issue a upin.I have waited 27 years so another year is not so bad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    .It took a little over 60 days for ISP to issue my LTCH after receiving my expungment.The FBI sent me a nice letter after my 4473 denial.I called the Indy FBI office who issued the letter and never got a visit.The suck part is waiting a year for them to update my record and maybe issue a upin.I have waited 27 years so another year is not so bad.

Good for you. stay on their *** tho.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Just to add some info to this thread regarding inked fingerprints, the local UPS store did mine that I used to get my UPIN. It saved me some headache as the county sheriffs office quit doing them and the company they referred me to required an appointment.

Top Bottom