Denver Bakery Refuses Service to Gay couple, sued and lost in court....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Wow... Are you serious? Do you just make s*** like that up all the time?

I don't see the word "force" in there, anywhere. Perhaps you are not as smart as you think you are. Thank you for playing

How can I make you do anything, or not do anything without using force? Without force, you don't have to do anything I tell you. If you choose to do what I tell you, how can you say I've infringed on your rights?

For the record, I'm very likely much smarter than I think I am.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    But nor can I or the government compell you to STFU on your way home either.

Besides, your anaology is flawed. Again, we go to Constitution 101...

1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law..."
    2nd Amendment: "... shall not be infringed." Congess is not mentioned.

What's amusing here is that you advance this argument and then imply I'm the one who needs Constitution 101.

Please reference anything or anyone who supports your bizarre view that the difference in wording of those two Amendments means that one is directed only at Congress and the other at private citizens.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think I have to agree with a couple folks upthread: if I were being forced to bake a cake for people I had refused service - for whatever reason - the result would not (shall we say) be my best work. Or even edible. Or even look appetizing. Note to judge: "You said I had to service them; you never said it had to be _good_ service."

A funny story about that...

About 18 years ago I was heading over to a buddy's house in New Albany off of Charlestown Road...While going down his street I noticed his neighbors house had just been painted the most god awful pink puke color with slime green trim...I mean really bad...It was awful, especially in this neighborhood with nice older post war homes...There was also a design in a bright purple painted haphazardly on the side....

When I got to my buddy's house I asked "WTF is up with the house down the street?" He chuckled and said, "The guy is getting a divorce and losing every thing..The female Judge really put him through the ringer and the wife had told the judge that she had been on him for a year to paint the house and he hadn't. Well the Judge ordered him to paint the house for the wife as a final insult and he did....I swear I saw him painting it and he was grinning the whole time...You see, the Judge said he had to paint the house...She didn't say what color...":):

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Nearest public parking of any kind to my place of employment is 3 1/2 MILES away. People are supposed to walk that, at night, unarmed?

Sounds like infringement.

Not at all. Just don't go there anymore. See how simple it is? Nobody gets infringed, not you, not the guy who owns the property.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    What's amusing here is that you advance this argument and then imply I'm the one who needs Constitution 101.

Please reference anything or anyone who supports your bizarre view that the difference in wording of those two Amendments means that one is directed only at Congress and the other at private citizens.
    I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a world renowned constitutional scholar.

"Congress shall make no law.." Yeah... Can't imagine where I got the idea that that was directed only at Congress. :rolleyes:
    And I don't know who the hell else in the federal government you think "makes law" in this country.

And the broad wording of the 2nd Amendment certainly implies that NO ONE (not Congress, not POSOTUS, and not YOU) can infringe the rignt of another to "keep and bear arms".

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Nearest public parking of any kind to my place of employment is 3 1/2 MILES away. People are supposed to walk that, at night, unarmed?

Sounds like infringement.

Your argument is very, very strange.

[STRIKE]In your opinion, it is an infringement of your 2nd amendment rights when your employer restricts firearms on his property.

Is it an infringement of your 1st amendment rights if your employer restricts the use of profanity on his property?[/STRIKE]

ETA: I missed something upthread. It is your argument that the 1st amendment applies solely to the government, but the 2nd applies to everyone?

Very strange, indeed.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a world renowned constitutional scholar.

"Congress shall make no law.." Yeah... Can't imagine where I got the idea that that was directed only at Congress. :rolleyes:
    And I don't know who the hell else in the federal government you think "makes law" in this country.

And the broad wording of the 2nd Amendment certainly implies that NO ONE (not Congress, not POSOTUS, and not YOU) can infringe the rignt of another to "keep and bear arms".

If I infringe on any of your rights I'm committing a criminal act, not violating the Constitution. The Constitution is a set of rules the government must follow. It sounds like you're arguing that other parts of the government besides Congress can infringe on free speech?

I've explained several times why asking someone to voluntarily go unarmed and having them agree to it is not infringement, but you keep ignoring that.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Not at all. Just don't go there anymore. See how simple it is? Nobody gets infringed, not you, not the guy who owns the property.
    Good idea! Then I can become part of the Occupy My Parents' Basement movement like you and Hornadylnl.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Good idea! Then I can become part of the Occupy My Parents' Basement movement like you and Hornadylnl.

okEoV4A.gif

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Your argument is very, very strange.

[STRIKE]In your opinion, it is an infringement of your 2nd amendment rights when your employer restricts firearms on his property.

Is it an infringement of your 1st amendment rights if your employer restricts the use of profanity on his property?[/STRIKE]

ETA: I missed something upthread. It is your argument that the 1st amendment applies solely to the government, but the 2nd applies to everyone?

Very strange, indeed.
    Oy vey!
    Read the First Amendment. "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW..."

Y'all do know you you can buy a copy of the Constitution of the United States for about six bucks, right. The whole thing is about 60 pages so, even having to move your lips while you read, y'all should be able to get through it in an hour or two. "Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

You can occupy whatever you want, just not another man's property against his will.

If I were to occupy a basement, it would most likely be somebody's Mom's basement. And I'd request that if they hear sounds of love, please don't come barging downstairs.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Can't wait til an aethiest or satanist paints messages all over their vehicle and parks it in trader dans church parking lot. The vehicle is the property of the driver. The church is open to the public. The driver has freedom of speech and religion. Therefore trader dan cannot force him to remove it.

Traderdan invites all atheist and satanists to attend,and park anything in the parking lot that they wish...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I don't think the people I sold my parents house to after they died would appreciate it if I was hanging out in the basement of their house.

Brilliant debate tactic.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oy vey!
    Read the First Amendment. "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW..."

Y'all do know you you can buy a copy of the Constitution of the United States for about six bucks, right. The whole thing is about 60 pages so, even having to move your lips while you read, y'all should be able to get through it in an hour or two. "Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

lol

Honestly, it's such a convoluted argument that I was having a difficult time following you.

So if I make a rule that no one may bring firearms in my home, I am violating the 2nd amendment?

This is rich.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    lol

Honestly, it's such a convoluted argument that I was having a difficult time following you.

So if I make a rule that no one may bring firearms in my home, I am violating the 2nd amendment?

This is rich.

Yes, you're violating my second amendment if I can't bring my ma deuce to your bbq. But if you're inviting any felons to your bbq, they better not have any guns. That's illegal!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    lol

This is rich.

I can't imagine why you're having trouble with the argument. Just read it for goodness sake. It's obvious from the words, don't you realize that?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Traderdan invites all atheist and satanists to attend,and park anything in the parking lot that they wish...

Former Atheists (Blessed be their Saints, Darwin, Dawkins, and Hitchens, Amen) and former Satanists (Blessed be their Saints, Anton LeVay and The Bay City Rollers, Amen) make great Christian Church Elders...You don't have to convince the Satanists that evil is real and the former Atheists know all of the Atheists arguments front and back...I love Hornandy's responses because they are usually well thought out with just a hint of sarcasm mixed with a wink and a smile but I think he forgot in this case that a parking lot full of Atheists and Satanists is what a Christian Church prays for every Sunday...

Preaching to the choir can get kind of boring after a while...:):

For those of you who doubt The Bay City Rollers were in League with Satan I challenge you to listen this load of drivel...The Evil One sometimes has a shag haircut...Just Sayin' if you listen to the whole thing you may want to be clutching a crucifix...It's that bad...And it went number 1...Now I am going to clean my ears out with The Rolling Stones "Symapthy for the Devil.." "Pleased to meet you...Hope you guessed my name...":D

[video=youtube;dBn2ux5vRHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk[/video]

What's funny is even at age 12 I knew these guys sucked...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom