Dicks to stop selling all guns at 125 stores.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Makes no difference to me.
    When I saw some years ago how much they sucked compared to the Galyans store they replaced at Castleton, I took them off my list of places to shop.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My mother gave me a gift card to Dick's some time back. After their last anti-gun move, I think it was after the Las Vegas shooting, I went to Dick's, used the gift card, and have not returned since, and don't plan to return again.

I suspect that their decision to drop guns may have a lot to do with the fact that people who buy guns quit shopping there, so they're not selling any guns anymore. Maybe they could sell books instead, perhaps "How to Cut Your Own Throat in the Retail World".

That book's already out there. I swear it seems to be the bible lately.
    Companies become successful, then newcomers move in to "make more profit" and they run a company into the ground.
    They get their "golden parachutes" then move onto the next company to ruin.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That book's already out there. I swear it seems to be the bible lately.
    Companies become successful, then newcomers move in to "make more profit" and they run a company into the ground.
    They get their "golden parachutes" then move onto the next company to ruin.

And when you consider that the vast majority of people who work at these places are just everyday folks trying to earn a living for their families, and for many of them part of their workplace choice / selection process when they first signed up probably had something to do with their love of sport, love of the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and for many of them that includes guns, then the whole corporate greed and mismanagement issue is much more than that, it is a lack of responsibility toward all of those employees and their families, a betrayal of trust. I hope these folks find a better organization to work for, hopefully it works out for the best for them. But sadly for many of them it will not work out that way, they will be the ones taking the biggest hit.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    The only reason I have been to Dick's is they usually have a decent selection of kayaks. They are also on sale often.

Full up on kayaks.

Bye bye..............

Don

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    I saw the Dicks report on line a few days ago. They pulled hand guns long ago or maybe never carries them. I looked for rifle scope a few years ago and there supply was limited. THe guy in the department told me then they were moving away from guns. There ammo prices were average. They are next to join gun hater liberals.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I saw the Dicks report on line a few days ago. They pulled hand guns long ago or maybe never carries them. I looked for rifle scope a few years ago and there supply was limited. THe guy in the department told me then they were moving away from guns. There ammo prices were average. They are next to join gun hater liberals.

Not next, they have declared war. Dick's is on record as paying anti 2A lobbyist.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...-s-stockholders-pay-for-its-anti-2a-activism/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30230/dicks-sporting-goods-hires-anti-gun-lobbyists-emily-zanotti

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...ires-lobbyists-to-press-for-gun-control-laws/

I'm not normally all for boycotts, etc, but DSG has clearly shown they are not just changing their products sold, but that they are actively supporting anti 2A causes, and efforts.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Dick's Sporting Goods can go suck themselves.....I'll never buy ANYTHING from them or any of the sister brands ever. Not to mention the fact that when they did carry firearms, all they carried was Walmart type crap anyway.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Dick's Sporting Goods can go suck themselves.....I'll never buy ANYTHING from them or any of the sister brands ever. Not to mention the fact that when they did carry firearms, all they carried was Walmart type crap anyway.

I hear that's next to impossible......... unless you're real bendy.

Disclaimer - I have never tried this because it is not my job.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Big box stores selling guns? I prefer local, so "meh."
    Support you local gun shops, chain or mom's an pop's!

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Well then, time to vote with our wallets again. I really never liked their stores, but when they went anti 2A, that sealed the deal for me.

Top Bottom