Dicks to stop selling all guns at 125 stores.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    I dont believe him. Prove it. Show us the pile of cut up rifles.

Remember the last time they said they got rid of all the scary black rifles? It was Fast and Furious 2: Electric Boogaloo. They all turned up on the shelves of their subsidiary Field and Stream. I'll bet lunch they were sold off, not simply destroyed.

If it does turn out to be true, if I were a board member I would have his ass out on the street for destroying that much inventory needlessly. Hell, as mentioned earlier, give them away to LEOs so the good guys can have new toys. (and they could possibly take a tax write-off) But dont just destroy perfectly good inventory. Throwing away perfectly good product for no good reason is a horrible business practice. ESPECIALLY since they were hit so hard after their last missteps. Unless he thinks this will somehow redeem him in the eyes of soccer moms everywhere and they will all flock to his stores to throw large bills at them in appreciation.

I agree Cameramonkey if he is so proud of this accomplishment why have we not seen him standing in front of a pile of cut up rifles for a photo op. I think they were sold back to a distributor at a slight loss.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I'll stop in the Lafayette store tomorrow and look. Last few times i've been in there they have had the gun counter blocked with racks and boxes of junk.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    And a great cheer erupted from firearms manufacturers across the land!

For nothing that Dick's has done will change demand, except possibly increase it.

There is now a 5 million dollar hole in the national inventory that will need to be filled in the next year.

Top Bottom