Dicks to stop selling all guns at 125 stores.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am not interested in Dicks.

KaleidoscopicCalmAndeancockoftherock-small.gif

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Went into Dick's to look for a few sporting goods things not related to firearms a number of years ago: whitewater rafting, minimalist tent camping, and road cycling. Walked out without buying anything. Didn't like what I saw or the prices. Doubt I will ever return to Dick's.

REI had a couple things I was looking for and they can have some killer sales, but their normal prices were higher than I care for. The only big box store that has ever had anything of interest in firearms for me is Rural King.

John

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Happy to say, I DON'T CARE. I seriously can't tell you the last time I was in Dick's or Gander Mountain (before they closed) or Bass Pro or Cabela's or Academy or.... Almost all of them are grossly overpriced for firearms compared to a couple of local gun stores that I would much rather give my business to.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I have been in the store a couple times since their last stance they they made but only for daughters sport stuff. I neglected to even look at the hunting/firearm section and found another place to get her gear all together.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I am starting to look at this as cheep advertising for them.

The few times I went into one of there stores the gun selection was not the greatest. I also noticed the gun counter person was kind of like they have in Wal Mart filling in some were else. Are we seeing as a sporting goods store the attitude we have to sell guns but we are not going to put a lot of work into it. All the other departments have a look at your leisure mode and minimum floor help in guns we have to have a body there at all times.

So they lost $150m dollars in gun sales how much did they save help wise and in licences fees and how much did the anti 2A people pick up the slack.

They may have made a good financial decision and get free advertising from the media.

Some food for thought.

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    Think I bought some ammo there on a black friday - rebate sale, and that's about it. I did pass a gun shop yesterday and the sign said, "we sell AK's, because, we're not Dicks" I got a smile out of that.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Has anyone else seen the new TV add with the Dicks CEO tying to perform damage control with the public?

No, but I saw an interview he gave where he said he was surprised all the anti-gun haters have not done more to support his stance against gun owners by purchasing more items or something to that effect. He summarized it well at the end when he said that love fades, but hate lasts forever as if he knew he made a bad decision.

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    Dicks pulled some BS in 2012. People have been boycotting them since. They probably "stopped" selling firearms because no one was buying anything from them.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    No, but I saw an interview he gave where he said he was surprised all the anti-gun haters have not done more to support his stance against gun owners by purchasing more items or something to that effect. He summarized it well at the end when he said that love fades, but hate lasts forever as if he knew he made a bad decision.

He had to know that when he played the political card that it was going to turn out bad.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I've only bought a few things from them in the past - some years ago - none of them firearm related. I'll never set foot in their store again. They've made my "banned" list. In addition, I've contacted the firms with whom I've got all my investments - mutual funds, IRAs, 401k, etc. and inquired with them if they are holding any Dick's stock, and if they are, they're either divesting themselves of Dick's stock I'm leaving their fund for one that isn't holding any. The real way to hurt them is to go after their stock value, by insisting any investments you have that are mutual funds or similar either divest themselves of Dick's holdings or you're moving your money elsewhere.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Total Dick Move!

'Dick's Sporting Goods CEO says company destroyed $5 million worth of weapons'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dicks-sp...-company-destroyed-5-million-worth-of-weapons

I dont believe him. Prove it. Show us the pile of cut up rifles.

Remember the last time they said they got rid of all the scary black rifles? It was Fast and Furious 2: Electric Boogaloo. They all turned up on the shelves of their subsidiary Field and Stream. I'll bet lunch they were sold off, not simply destroyed.

If it does turn out to be true, if I were a board member I would have his ass out on the street for destroying that much inventory needlessly. Hell, as mentioned earlier, give them away to LEOs so the good guys can have new toys. (and they could possibly take a tax write-off) But dont just destroy perfectly good inventory. Throwing away perfectly good product for no good reason is a horrible business practice. ESPECIALLY since they were hit so hard after their last missteps. Unless he thinks this will somehow redeem him in the eyes of soccer moms everywhere and they will all flock to his stores to throw large bills at them in appreciation.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've only bought a few things from them in the past - some years ago - none of them firearm related. I'll never set foot in their store again. They've made my "banned" list. In addition, I've contacted the firms with whom I've got all my investments - mutual funds, IRAs, 401k, etc. and inquired with them if they are holding any Dick's stock, and if they are, they're either divesting themselves of Dick's stock I'm leaving their fund for one that isn't holding any. The real way to hurt them is to go after their stock value, by insisting any investments you have that are mutual funds or similar either divest themselves of Dick's holdings or you're moving your money elsewhere.

Well, they have liberal mutual funds, Catholic index funds, so maybe there's a market for a right-wing fund? :dunno:

Top Bottom