Did he go too far? Veteran spits in Jane Fonda's face.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think?

• Total voters

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Voted for bacon, but Hanoi Jane probably reaped what she sowed. Pretty gross though. Spitting in faces might be best reserved for murderers and chomos.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    She showed more class than him. I would have ripped his lips off! People do not have the ability to keep things in perspective and do stunts like this to get publicity.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Did she deserve it? Maybe. Should he have done it...nope. Sometimes the best payback to a person who has spited you is to be the bigger human being and not stoop to their level. You can get some pretty good digs in on someone by how you respond, and even more sometimes in how you don't respond.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    at some point being the bigger man just doesn't mean justice. I think she got what she deserved, but I voted she deserved worse. Think of all the POW's who were being tortured why she was photo oping w/ the enemy. Just because her sins were a long time ago doesn't mean they have to be forgotten.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know about Jane Fonda and her actions during the Vietnam War. However, I didn't grow up in that time so I feel a bit removed from the emotions of the time and how she impacted veterans. With that qualifier, I think he went too far. I would wager there are lots of folks who would have loved the opportunity to do what he did though.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    She showed more class than him. I would have ripped his lips off! People do not have the ability to keep things in perspective and do stunts like this to get publicity.

Ahhhh.. Youth.... I would suggest you go forth and invest a little time in reading some history about Hanoi Jane. Before making a statment on who has class or not.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    MadMan66, what do you think?

Well, I'll say I was happy hearing the news, as I know my grandfather (Vietnam Vet) really hates her. Does she deserve worse? Yeah, but what he did was immature. His action painted her as the victim in the eyes of the media.

Edit: Though if it lets this Vet (or other Vietnam Vets) die a happy man, then I couldn't hold it against him.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ahhhh.. Youth.... I would suggest you go forth and invest a little time in reading some history about Hanoi Jane. Before making a statment on who has class or not.

Since you know me so well, please tell me how old I am and how much I know about this subject.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I'll say I was happy hearing the news, as I know my grandfather (Vietnam Vet) really hates her. Does she deserve worse? Yeah, but what he did was immature. His action painted her as the victim in the eyes of the media.

I totally agree! He should have been joined by 50 vets holding posters of her atrocity rather that incriminate himself. He's done nothing but harm himself, but that's today's example of standing up for right; doing something totally wrong.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Since you know me so well, please tell me how old I am and how much I know about this subject.

IMO.. You are under 40*** and you don't know much about the history of Jane Fonda and her behavior. And you are most certainly entitled to you're own opinion, but its a topic that you and I will most likely not agree on.

And I don't believe he hurt himself in any way. I believe he is happy as a rutt buck at what he accomplished.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IMO.. You are under 40*** and you don't know much about the history of Jane Fonda and her behavior. And you are most certainly entitled to you're own opinion, but its a topic that you and I will most likely not agree on.

There is nothing wrong with two people disagreeing. Still, you are WAY off on my age and knowledge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted she deserved worse. She already has the scorn of most veterans, especially from that period. I'm sure it felt vindicating for him to do it. But in the eyes of most people, he's now the bad guy and the ***** of Hanoi is the gracious one. She deserved much worse than that.

BTW, maybe we should post a poll to guess QUE's age. :rolleyes:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    at some point being the bigger man just doesn't mean justice. I think she got what she deserved, but I voted she deserved worse. Think of all the POW's who were being tortured why she was photo oping w/ the enemy. Just because her sins were a long time ago doesn't mean they have to be forgotten.
    I voted she deserved worse too. Because she does.
    My dad who is a Vietnam vet mentioned her actions many times as I was growing up. I could tell the hurt ran deep because of her TRAITOROUS actions. Since then I've talked to many Vietnam vets who hold the same deep contempt for that **** *****. The story brought a smile to my face.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I voted she deserved worse. She already has the scorn of most veterans, especially from that period. I'm sure it felt vindicating for him to do it. But in the eyes of most people, he's now the bad guy and the ***** of Hanoi is the gracious one. She deserved much worse than that.

BTW, maybe we should post a poll to guess QUE's age. :rolleyes:
    Que's an old guy haven't you seen his videos? :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Honestly I think she should have been shot back then when she did it. Arrested and tried for being a traitor least and a convicted fellon.

this is like if someone today became besties with the Taliban and started apologizing to them and even releasing some of them from gitmo ......... OH **** .... Wait a minute

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As long as the spitter is willing to do the time, and Fonda isn't injured other than her pride, then I voted she deserved it. My dad is a 2 tour Vietnam vet, and her name, image, and movies are verboten in my family.

Top Bottom