Did he go too far? Veteran spits in Jane Fonda's face.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think?

• Total voters

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: We have some real milquetoasts on this forum.

Obviously, a LOT of INGO'ers don't appear to remember the Viet Nam war, what society was like in this country during that era, or the antics of Hanoi Jane and her ilk.

Guess a LOT of people don't remember, or don't care, that many soldiers returning from 'Nam were spit on by low-lifes like Fonda and her supporters. It 'could be' that the veteran remembers his treatment when he came home.

I don't personally know all that many Viet Nam veterans, but of the handful+ I do, every one would like to have the same opportunity this veteran did. Never even met a 'Nam veteran that didn't despise Hanoi Jane. They usually have more respect for the Viet Cong than they do her.

She deserved to be punched in the face as hard as possible, she only got spit on. IF there's any 'justice', she'll get spit on at every appearance she makes, including her last one, her funeral.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't think anyone on here is making the argument she didn't deserve it. I, like most, feel she deserves worse. It's just that most of us think that justice should be dispensed by government. I also don't think he's serving his cause very well by doing this.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    She deserves worse than a mere tobacco saliva shower.
    That whole damned war sucked .
    It's not my place to judge and I know I am to forgive all.
    I am thankful I haven't crossed paths with her. I would not want that choice.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I don't think anyone on here is making the argument she didn't deserve it. I, like most, feel she deserves worse. It's just that most of us think that justice should be dispensed by government. I also don't think he's serving his cause very well by doing this.

Woobie, that man will never have to pay for a meal or a drink in any Fraternal Organization anywhere, for the rest of his life.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm no advocate or apologist for Jane Fonda. I have great respect for and expect any person who wears/wore a uniform in service to this country to act with dignity in the face of opposition. I hold nothing against the soldier, as I know it was a situation where he was overcome with emotion. However, as we discuss and contemplate if it was the right thing to do, I just see things from a different lens. If I were to ever meet Ms. Fonda, she would be made aware of my disdain for her actions and the hurt she inflicted upon those who fought for her very right to protest our country's actions. She would know that meeting with 40 vets in a basement and then having the press come is not my idea of contrition. This may not be enough of a sting to most, but I would never give her enough power to make me act outside the dignity of my service and love for my country.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I don't need to contemplate anything about Hanoi Jane, and like some I certainly don't look at the world through a rose colored lens.

I am outa here BTL...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking back (way back) HJ brought all of the hate we are seeing in this thread on herself by her actions. She was a total communist in that time and place.
    That said, forgiveness is tough here for those who were the target of her idiotic and out of line activities and accusations.
    If memory serves her own Dad (Henry) was not at all pleased with her either.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    She probably deserves a reminder about her actions every time she is in public. The vets up this way despise her so much there is a cottage industry making urinal targets with her face on them.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    She deserved it, but the vet should not have done it. I graduated high school in 1969. I did not get called in the lottery, so I did not serve in the military. I supported the war, even though I thought it was fought in unwise fashion. I was angry, and remain angry, over the waste of good Americans by the stupid political settlement. I despised Fonda for what she did. It was treason, and betrayal.

I have one high school classmate, that I know of, with his name on The Wall in DC. I cried unashamedly when I saw his name there. He was not a good friend. Just another kid in the class. He was always laughing, and never had his work done. He quit when he was old enough to join the Army--we were sophomores as I recall. Before the end of our junior year we heard he was shot while his unit was crossing a stream. The fight was so heavy that no one could stop his body from floating down stream, so it was never recovered.

I recall Fonda did her thing after his death. If I had met her then, I would have spit on her. But I have forgiven her now. She apologized. Best she can do now. Time to let it go. Nothing to be gained by holding on to the anger. Moses Haywood is gone, along with many others.

No one benefits from holding on to the anger, pain, and hatred. Let it go. Forgive. It will bring peace and healing to you, as it has done for many others.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She's earned the scorn. I wouldn't have done it though. If I'd been a Vietnam veteran that experienced the vitriol that some did, I might have a different opinion, I'll have to admit.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I like how he said he didn't chew tobacco but took it up just for the occasion.

I was born in 1965, way to young for the end of Vietnam, but my dad was in the service before it started. He got out before it started hot and heavy, but some of his buddies stayed. One never made it home. Dad got to see the wall before he died, when he showed me the rubbing he made, that was only the third time I saw him cry that I could remember. Nope, I was not over there, had an uncle that was but he made it home safe and sound, but I would not **** on Hanoi Jane if she were on fire. Maybe if she wasn't...

Top Bottom