Didnt get your eclipse glasses? Cereal box to the rescue!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What I don't get is that, with all the serious warnings to not look at the sun, everyone still wants to trust their only two eyes to a pair of free or $2 eye protection. :dunno:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We bought ours from Amazon a few months ago... got a message from them last week saying to throw them away and they refunded the money. Was able to snag a few pair at the last minute. We'll be traveling down to KY to see the totality.

If I had a kid in a school I'd pull them out and take them with us. Some things are more important than sitting at a desk all day long.

I don't have a pair. My daughter's school has bought enough for all the kids. If they weren't going to show the kids it, I'd keep her home and figure out a way. Although the fact we don't have glasses doesn't help. lol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What about this? I've had this in mind for a day or two, listening to all the hoopla. Now I see it posted in another forum. ???

Eclipse.Selfie.jpg

i can't say whether it will work or not. But I would not recommend it unless you really want a new phone. There is a good chance you will burn out the CCD sensor. It could be fine, but I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Especially since all all the photography sites say you should be shooting through a filter or your eclipse glasses.

this. Especially with all the Chinese counterfeit/shortcuts out there.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I feel like im the only one that isnt excited over this.

Seen it before back when they didn't have any special glasses for it. I do find some of the crazy questions that people are asking about it on FB hilarious though. Will I still be able to drive? Can I be outside if I'm pregnant? Should I cover my plants? I don't know how some people have made it this far in life.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I love how so many are saying ??apocolypse?? ??mystical experience??

these happen all the dang time around the globe. And NASA is saying this will be the most amazing one EVER!

Yes it will be cool. No, it will not be THE BEST EVER

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I love how so many are saying ??apocolypse?? ??mystical experience??

these happen all the dang time around the globe. And NASA is saying this will be the most amazing one EVER!

Yes it will be cool. No, it will not be THE BEST EVER

How do you know it won't be the bestever? Have you seen all of them? Only one person here has been around long enough to see them all and the mouse hasn't spoken to it's awesomeness yet.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ha, ZING!

i made my cereal box pinhole thing. Works well

my mom and wife went to look with it and refused my explanation how to do it. After a minute of doing everything but the right way they finally let me show them :rofl:

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So I have a pair of glasses, I won't even take them out of the package. I have zero excitement except for my kids to do it. One will be seeing it at school. I just have this built in thing to NOT lool at the sun. I remember the one in 94. I wasn't really impressed then either except i,thought the darkness during the day was cool.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Overheard in my office just now.

Person A: "I've got extra glasses, do you want to watch the eclipse?"

Person B: "Oh, no, I'll just watch it online."

****in' millennials.

Top Bottom