• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday I had some guy in standstill traffic not paying attention in a lane next to me. So I put on my turn signal and merged in front into the THREE CAR gap in his lane. Once I was half way into the lane the guy floors his gas paddle and almost hits me and lays on his horn. I just called him a ****ing idiot to my buddy riding with me and continue on. I didnt throw a finger up at him or anything, no point. He couldn't see or hear me call him a name either, no point escalating anything.
    What the hell is wrong with people? He should have been paying attention but even still it wasnt my fault that he intentionally tried to at that point to hit me. It was too late to cut me off so he was just having a road rage issue

People are angry. The world they thought was coming has not arrived. Angry about their jibs. Angry about their kids. Hating their spouse. Hating their jobs. Hating Trump.....you name it and it comes out when they get in the car.

I love the right lane passing attempts. Right turn only lane. It disappears just past the intersection yet Ricky racer in his fart pipe Jap scraper thinks he is going to pass me before the lane ends. Rarely happens if I dont let it. These little douche nozzles flip out when my GMC 4WD truck puts a but whipping on them. Call it dangerous or what ever but hey, it was a right turn only lane not a go straight and pass lane. Its hard to take a drag racer at the light...:):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People are angry. The world they thought was coming has not arrived. Angry about their jibs. Angry about their kids. Hating their spouse. Hating their jobs. Hating Trump.....you name it and it comes out when they get in the car.

I love the right lane passing attempts. Right turn only lane. It disappears just past the intersection yet Ricky racer in his fart pipe Jap scraper thinks he is going to pass me before the lane ends. Rarely happens if I dont let it. These little douche nozzles flip out when my GMC 4WD truck puts a but whipping on them. Call it dangerous or what ever but hey, it was a right turn only lane not a go straight and pass lane. Its hard to take a drag racer at the light...:):
    I see people passing in the center turn lane in my daughters school zone all the time. Watched a cop nail a guy that did it to me once. It was awesome. Cops are rarely in the right place at the right time but this time he was. And that's no police jab, I mean how could they be with so many idiots on the road.
    The latest was some woman flat out flying in her little SUV down the middle turn lane coming from the opposite direction. If I hadn't been paying attention way ahead and would have got over to turn sooner she would have hit me head on. She was passing the car that was doing 25 in the school zone and I'm guessing she was at least going 40

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see people passing in the center turn lane in my daughters school zone all the time. Watched a cop nail a guy that did it to me once. It was awesome. Cops are rarely in the right place at the right time but this time he was. And that's no police jab, I mean how could they be with so many idiots on the road.
    The latest was some woman flat out flying in her little SUV down the middle turn lane coming from the opposite direction. If I hadn't been paying attention way ahead and would have got over to turn sooner she would have hit me head on. She was passing the car that was doing 25 in the school zone and I'm guessing she was at least going 40

All about her man......just ask them.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've seen a number of people driving newer cars that I know have handsfree in the car, but they have the phone up to their ear instead of using the handsfree. I don't get that. I have either added or had cars with handsfree (bluetooth) since the mid 2000s.

When I have rented cars I always took the time to setup my phone to connect to that car. When I borrow my wife's car (very rare), I setup my phone with her car before going anywhere. I remove it after because her car doesn't like to connect to her phone if I am anywhere near it if I don't.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've seen a number of people driving newer cars that I know have handsfree in the car, but they have the phone up to their ear instead of using the handsfree. I don't get that. I have either added or had cars with handsfree (bluetooth) since the mid 2000s.

When I have rented cars I always took the time to setup my phone to connect to that car. When I borrow my wife's car (very rare), I setup my phone with her car before going anywhere. I remove it after because her car doesn't like to connect to her phone if I am anywhere near it if I don't.
    I dont use the hands free myself because I have to hook it up with blue tooth and I've seen it allows your **** to be hacked. I'm not a technology guru so I dont know how easy it is to happen but it would be my luck it would.
    I linked my phone a couple times to try calls, it will even read texts through my speakers which is cool. The best thing is getting Amazon music from my phone to my car and telling Alexa what song I want. But I dont use any of it anymore.
    My wife uses it in her car a lot.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Shaving and putting on makeup while driving isn't illegal either.

I suppose sex on the freeway is out of the question too. :(

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Do you really expect people to drive safely? They can't even walk safely, I'm not kidding. I saw a story on the evening news that said pedestrian deaths are soaring.
    The "expert" immediately identifies unsafe road design as the cause (not enough crosswalks, not enough lighting, yada yada).
    We keep making excuses for stupid behavior and try to make life fool proof. It won't work.
    Hey, hang up and put your cell phone in your pocket. See that 6000 pound hunk of metal hurtling at you at 40 mph? DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF IT!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you really expect people to drive safely? They can't even walk safely, I'm not kidding. I saw a story on the evening news that said pedestrian deaths are soaring.
    The "expert" immediately identifies unsafe road design as the cause (not enough crosswalks, not enough lighting, yada yada).
    We keep making excuses for stupid behavior and try to make life fool proof. It won't work.
    Hey, hang up and put your cell phone in your pocket. See that 6000 pound hunk of metal hurtling at you at 40 mph? DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF IT!

Last week on the IU downtown campus.....2 guys on bicycles both texting. Both out in the road. Both irate when I blew my horn to get back in the bike lane.
    If I were to have made contact with either regardless of fault it would be my ass.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seen a guy last week on a Can-Am. He had just turned onto a side street, riding one handed. Phone in his other hand, on his ear.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nope, know a guy who was stopped and ticketed for just that. Well, actually they were both ticketed her for indecent exposure, him for reckless driving. It wasn’t the freeway though, a state highway. Also know a guy that was getting a hummer as he got pulled over for speeding, cop was sure surprised when he walked up to the car!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My opinion of the general populace continues to drop.

We have construction here in the 'Burg, with the main N/S road thru town all but shut down. Rather than wait at the light to turn onto the detour, folks cut through the cemetery. At 30 MPH. While there is a funeral. Stay Classy, Brownsburg.

As for distracted, I still remember a story from several years ago. Had a lady with a mini-van full of rug rats, coffee in one hand, cell phone in the other , tailgating so close I could not longer see her hood. Running 10-over the limit, if I recall (45 in a 35 - sue me). We had a near-90* turn ahead. Lots of signage warning us. I didn't brake, but made the turn fine. She lost her coffee, lost her phone, and nearly lost the van into the guard rail. Don't know if it had a permanent impact on her behavior, but she was REALLY slow for the next mile or so.

I swear, one of these days, I'm buying a Deuce and a Half, welding on big i-beams for bumpers, and just not caring any longer.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why does it seem like these people so engrossed in their phones like to drive in the left lane? Not all of them but it seems like whenever you come up to someone driving 10mph under the limit in the passing lane, when you finally get around them, they're looking at their phones.

My theory is they feel they have to deal with other traffic less over there. At least around town here everything at least three lanes so they don't have to pay attention to merging traffic much and the faster people just go around them. Trouble only comes from the right. the temptation is to dust their front bumper when I cross back in front of them but i'm always afraid they'll lose it and kill themselves or somebody else

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My theory is they feel they have to deal with other traffic less over there. At least around town here everything at least three lanes so they don't have to pay attention to merging traffic much and the faster people just go around them. Trouble only comes from the right. the temptation is to dust their front bumper when I cross back in front of them but i'm always afraid they'll lose it and kill themselves or somebody else

Yes that is always on my mind but I too want to take a layer of wax off the front when I merge back over.
    Foolish stupid self centered people. Just foolish. And did I mention stupid.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Another thing that seems to be a truism. The person next to you at the light who is constantly creeping forward a little bit and stopping, creeping forward and stopping - they seem like they're poised to make a race of it but they're almost never even in the game. 9 times out of 10 they're still at the light when I'm about to grab 2nd. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    if i was a cop i could write 10 tickets + a day for this.....

At least. I would bet the crying and *****ing would be so amusing.
    This is a new addiction. It is dangerous but no one cares except those who get rear ended/T-boned/side swiped due to a ****ing moron that has to be "Connected"

I might answer my phone while driving but usually say "Call you right back"..............it can not be that important and if it is pull off the road. I want to get home.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    At least. I would bet the crying and *****ing would be so amusing.
    This is a new addiction. It is dangerous but no one cares except those who get rear ended/T-boned/side swiped due to a ****ing moron that has to be "Connected"

I might answer my phone while driving but usually say "Call you right back"..............it can not be that important and if it is pull off the road. I want to get home.

i don't even answer it till i stop to get out......most trouble i have is 2 lane roads.......**** heads jacking with there phone crossing the center lines.....Russian roulette on a daly biases....

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Going down the interstate and driver in the car in front of us gets a text he has to reply to immediately. So he has the passenger reach across to hold the steering wheel and drive while he text.

Saw a guy on a motorbike a while back on his cell, no hands on the bars, no helmet.

Seen that more than once.

Nope, know a guy who was stopped and ticketed for just that. Well, actually they were both ticketed her for indecent exposure, him for reckless driving.

Wreckless driving? My wife uses the term "wrong hole" when that accidentally happens.

Top Bottom