• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    :tinfoil:
    Call me a luddite but I like the security and reliability of a physical connection and hate talking to inanimate objects. Sure I know my way around a computer and have a rather nice phone but I spent most of the first day I had it turning off the surveillance and automated garbage (all the crap that "makes your life easier integrating your favorite devices and anticipating your wants") making it as close to a dumb phone with a nice screen and some games as I can.

I like physical dials and one function buttons. biggest load of BS is touchscreens for radio and climate control. I hate driving my wife's car because you have to press one button repeatedly to change which vent the air comes out of and look down at the display to see where you're at unless you wait a few seconds each to see what happens. My car has a dial for temp, fan, and location and I can run it blindfolded in full winter garb.

ever get into a rental and look at the bluetooth history?

Agreed.

totally unrelated note, in a loaner last year the car started beeping at me to go because the guy in front of me was creeping on the red and I didn't go... because the light was red.

I'm just gonna cut myself off or I'll go all day.
    I'm with you. I'm not a techie (is that the right spelling).
    I'm as dumb as it gets when it comes to figuring out that crap, most times a friend or my daughter does it for me if I have to use it. Also I hate things that can spy on me but I've just accepted that its everything now so I give it a good show!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    :tinfoil:
    totally unrelated note, in a loaner last year the car started beeping at me to go because the guy in front of me was creeping on the red and I didn't go... because the light was red.

I'm just gonna cut myself off or I'll go all day.

Note, I found buttons or easy menu options to turn off SIX nanny systems without killing airbags, stability, TCS, ABS, adaptive cruise, or (obviously) the creeper beeper. I love my old Subarus and they make good cars overall but they're on the bottom if my list should I ever lose my mind and buy something newer. If I'm legally liable for what the car does, shut up and let me drive. When I can put my feet up and watch a movie or take a nap and not be legally responsible for the car, fine... for long trips.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Only because people are so stupid it should be physically impossible for a cell phone to operate in a vehicle when it is moving. That is the only way to stop this problem but it will never happen.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Only because people are so stupid it should be physically impossible for a cell phone to operate in a vehicle when it is moving. That is the only way to stop this problem but it will never happen.

What if you are a passanger?
    I've called 911 before following a drunk.
    But yes, people are stupid.

Top Bottom