• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Something that drives me crazy is when I'm pulling my utility trailer with a full load and there's always someone right on my tail on the interstate. You would think they would be concerned about something coming loose on the trailer and hitting them.
    I try to never follow a trailer with a load let alone tailgating a foot away. Stupid people play stupid games.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    How about the clown who is in a turn lane texting and doesn't move until he is 3 or 4 car lengths behind the guy in front of him. Then he leisurely makes his turn as the light turns red and the rest of us are stuck to wait for the next arrow. Or, the clowns who continue to drive through the intersection after the light has changed. When I was younger and my wife wasn't with me, I would start into the intersection while they were going against the light. Get some funny looks from them.

Well, I'm far from the only one dealing with bad drivers. As I posted before, when I get on the road I usually don't have long to wait before encountering someone who doesn't know how to drive. Wife gets tired of my cussing.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I am a self employed truck driver I run between Jeffersonville, IN and Kansas City, KS or MO.
    I haul steel blanks for GM or Ford weight is usually between 45,000lbs to 48,000lbs total weight can get to 79,999 on a regular basis.
    A normal week is about 3,200 miles here are some highlights from last week.

I 64 Jeffersonville- dude on cell running about 75 in a 55 weaving in and out of traffic a Trooper got em.

I 70 St. Louis - Dude texting in center lane weaving into all three lanes speed varies between 35 to 70 basically holding up traffic.

I 64 Illinois- Young girl sitting cross legged texting with no seatbelt on (this is very common).

I 64 Illinois- Guy watching a movie driving a Semi truck weaving all over the road ( usually see this about once a week).

I 70 St Louis -a woman reading a book she had a book on the steering wheel and was running about 35 in a 55.

I 70 St Louis - Dude eating something out of a bowl with a spoon and texting all over the road (not uncommon)

My truck is not governed I normally run 68mph twice this week on I 64 in Illinois I had a car out of nowhere run up on me and get about
    3 ft off the ICC bumper and sit there? I just slow down till they pass.

About 10 accidents that I passed 8 were single vehicles that just ran off the road?

What I do not grasp is where is the outrage? I remember the days of MADD and how everyone got fired up about that.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    So I am a self employed truck driver I run between Jeffersonville, IN and Kansas City, KS or MO.
    I haul steel blanks for GM or Ford weight is usually between 45,000lbs to 48,000lbs total weight can get to 79,999 on a regular basis.
    A normal week is about 3,200 miles here are some highlights from last week.

I 64 Jeffersonville- dude on cell running about 75 in a 55 weaving in and out of traffic a Trooper got em.

I 70 St. Louis - Dude texting in center lane weaving into all three lanes speed varies between 35 to 70 basically holding up traffic.

I 64 Illinois- Young girl sitting cross legged texting with no seatbelt on (this is very common).

I 64 Illinois- Guy watching a movie driving a Semi truck weaving all over the road ( usually see this about once a week).

I 70 St Louis -a woman reading a book she had a book on the steering wheel and was running about 35 in a 55.

I 70 St Louis - Dude eating something out of a bowl with a spoon and texting all over the road (not uncommon)

My truck is not governed I normally run 68mph twice this week on I 64 in Illinois I had a car out of nowhere run up on me and get about
    3 ft off the ICC bumper and sit there? I just slow down till they pass.

About 10 accidents that I passed 8 were single vehicles that just ran off the road?

What I do not grasp is where is the outrage? I remember the days of MADD and how everyone got fired up about that.

You must have a lot of patience my man. I drive from Portage to Valparaiso for work. I take every back road possible to avoid the asshats on the road. Be safe driving!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see less of this living in the country, maybe it's just fewer drivers. Myself, I won't take calls while driving.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

A few years ago I left work and was on 465 at about 10pm. I noticed traffic was all bunched up and going about 50mph, except for one car all by himself about 100yds ahead. This guy was weaving between three different lanes and tapping the brakes randomly. I did not want to deal with a drunk driver, but also didn’t want someone to get killed. When I pulled him over and walked up to him, he had a whole burrito dinner in his lap. He was completely sober and trying to eat dinner on his way to work. :ugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A few years ago I left work and was on 465 at about 10pm. I noticed traffic was all bunched up and going about 50mph, except for one car all by himself about 100yds ahead. This guy was weaving between three different lanes and tapping the brakes randomly. I did not want to deal with a drunk driver, but also didn’t want someone to get killed. When I pulled him over and walked up to him, he had a whole burrito dinner in his lap. He was completely sober and trying to eat dinner on his way to work. :ugh:

This is the situation where my idea for "traffic management" would come in handy. Have a couple of the big "sky crane" helicopters patrol 465 looking for traffic backups just like this. They would fly to the front of the pack, then using a huge electromagnet (like they use in scrap yards), find the one asshat that is causing the backup, pick his car up and gently set him down in a neighborhood somewhere. Some people just shouldn't be on interstates.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ok....this is straight up curb stomp. Total bull ****.

The lack of outrage is no one wants to loose the damn phone. It is an addiction that most feel they are in control of. They are not. The insurance industry will have to step in because any legislation initiated by an elected official could be election suicide.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This is the situation where my idea for "traffic management" would come in handy. Have a couple of the big "sky crane" helicopters patrol 465 looking for traffic backups just like this. They would fly to the front of the pack, then using a huge electromagnet (like they use in scrap yards), find the one asshat that is causing the backup, pick his car up and gently set him down in a [STRIKE]neighborhood[/STRIKE] LAKE somewhere. Some people just shouldn't be on interstates.

Fixed it for you DD. Great idea BTW. :thumbsup:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    oh too......i see a lot of texting and speeding in construction zone.......i think if you caught speed or texting in a construction zone you should have to stand next to a barrel all day....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    oh too......i see a lot of texting and speeding in construction zone.......i think if you caught speed or texting in a construction zone you should have to stand next to a barrel all day....

If in the Navy, you'd be put inside one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some people shouldnt even be driving in the first place then you introduce a cell phone a burrito, makeup or a book into the mix and ask them to keep breathing at the same time and it's just an accident waiting to happen.

We need mandatory driving tests every 10 years. When your license expires and you need a new photo then it's time to take a new driving test. Driving is NOT a right. It is a priviledge. A priviledge that far too many people do not deserve to keep

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Some people shouldnt even be driving in the first place then you introduce a cell phone a burrito, makeup or a book into the mix and ask them to keep breathing at the same time and it's just an accident waiting to happen.

We need mandatory driving tests every 10 years. When your license expires and you need a new photo then it's time to take a new driving test. Driving is NOT a right. It is a priviledge. A priviledge that far too many people do not deserve to keep

I'm with Trigger Time.

BAN WOMEN DRIVERS :rockwoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yep..."if you're in that big of a hurry, you should have left yesterday". I can hear it now.

I can say it now for you if you'd like. "If you needed to be there that soon you should have left sooner. "

Words to live by. And if you're texting and driving I am positive you'd drive better with the phone up your yazz. Every day on 2 lane roads I see multiple people I know do not see me in the 15-20 seconds b4 they pass me going the opposite direction because the WHOLE TIME I can see their face, I never see their eyes.

I spend 10 or 11 hours on the road on an average day. Most of it in the right lane because i have a 64mph truck. If I'm in the left lane because i have to pass, bear with me. Put on your patient hat and endeavor to enjoy the day. I'll be back in a rt lane as soon as I accomplish my pass. If this upsets you, write a letter or 12 to the insurance company that charges my company less to insure slower trucks. Good luck with that.
    Or boycott goods brought to you by truck. Again, good luck with that.

Or maybe build your own private road. Once again, good luck with that.

Or take the high road. It's simple really.

Stop your selfish whining and deal with it. Dam snowflakes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can say it now for you if you'd like. "If you needed to be there that soon you should have left sooner. "

Words to live by. And if you're texting and driving I am positive you'd drive better with the phone up your yazz. Every day on 2 lane roads I see multiple people I know do not see me in the 15-20 seconds b4 they pass me going the opposite direction because the WHOLE TIME I can see their face, I never see their eyes.

I spend 10 or 11 hours on the road on an average day. Most of it in the right lane because i have a 64mph truck. If I'm in the left lane because i have to pass, bear with me. Put on your patient hat and endeavor to enjoy the day. I'll be back in a rt lane as soon as I accomplish my pass. If this upsets you, write a letter or 12 to the insurance company that charges my company less to insure slower trucks. Good luck with that.
    Or boycott goods brought to you by truck. Again, good luck with that.

Or maybe build your own private road. Once again, good luck with that.

Or take the high road. It's simple really.

Stop your selfish whining and deal with it. Dam snowflakes.

It is all about them.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    To answer the OP's question, yes there is currently an Operation Pull Over blitz that is focusing on distracted driving, which includes texting while driving. It started May 11 and runs through June 5.

There are several multi-officer enforcement zones scheduled during the blitz so be warned, if you get caught texting, you're getting a ticket.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    To answer the OP's question, yes there is currently an Operation Pull Over blitz that is focusing on distracted driving, which includes texting while driving. It started May 11 and runs through June 5.

There are several multi-officer enforcement zones scheduled during the blitz so be warned, if you get caught texting, you're getting a ticket.

i wish they would do this in Monroe and Greene countys.....

Top Bottom