• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To answer the OP's question, yes there is currently an Operation Pull Over blitz that is focusing on distracted driving, which includes texting while driving. It started May 11 and runs through June 5.

There are several multi-officer enforcement zones scheduled during the blitz so be warned, if you get caught texting, you're getting a ticket.

:thumbsup:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some people shouldnt even be driving in the first place then you introduce a cell phone a burrito, makeup or a book into the mix and ask them to keep breathing at the same time and it's just an accident waiting to happen.

We need mandatory driving tests every 10 years. When your license expires and you need a new photo then it's time to take a new driving test. Driving is NOT a right. It is a priviledge. A priviledge that far too many people do not deserve to keep

We have some trouble with old folks driving over here since our licences never expire.There's no expiration date on them.
    They also don't look anything like their picture when the picture was taken 30 years ago when they were 18.
    It's also a nightmare for cops to ID a fake licence since many types have been produced over the years, all still valid, and old olds had zero security features on them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    To answer the OP's question, yes there is currently an Operation Pull Over blitz that is focusing on distracted driving, which includes texting while driving. It started May 11 and runs through June 5.

There are several multi-officer enforcement zones scheduled during the blitz so be warned, if you get caught texting, you're getting a ticket.
    Texting and driving should get a ticket as its against the law. Talking on the cell phone warning for distracted driving unless you are being a dip**** and not watching the road is just wasting the motorist time and the peoples tax money.
    Thank you for the reply though answering my question. That's what I was looking for. If I get pulled over for talking on my cell phone and got even a warning for texting I'll be going in with my 360 dash footage (thanks to an ingoer recommendation) showing he is lying trying to use me to revenue generate.
    I honestly wish we would mandate cameras in and outside of cars (without sound) and cops could instantly have access to them. I'd be fine with it. If I actualy break a rule or law then I'll take my ticket but dont try to just screw with me or waste my time.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have some trouble with old folks driving over here since our licences never expire.There's no expiration date on them.
    They also don't look anything like their picture when the picture was taken 30 years ago when they were 18.
    It's also a nightmare for cops to ID a fake licence since many types have been produced over the years, all still valid, and old olds had zero security features on them.
    You guys drive on the wrong side of the road, so what do you expect ;)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    A friend of mine once had the idea that cars should be equipped with paint ball guns that you would use to mark the cars of people that are driving like idiots. Once they had been hit by a sufficient number of paint balls signifying that they had pissed off a lot of people they would then get a ticket.

We were able to come up with plenty of reasons why it would never work, but it was a fun fantasy for a while.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A friend of mine once had the idea that cars should be equipped with paint ball guns that you would use to mark the cars of people that are driving like idiots. Once they had been hit by a sufficient number of paint balls signifying that they had pissed off a lot of people they would then get a ticket.

We were able to come up with plenty of reasons why it would never work, but it was a fun fantasy for a while.
    I miss using a machinegun on vehicles. The compliance rate is much better. Im joking of coarse. Although I was jealous of Frank's new cop car bumper (motivator). We had sirens too but those basicly cause the same effect as when cops or firetrucks use them here, people freeze and turn into complete dumbasses and forget everything or they dont care.

Even if they started yanking licenses of people that shouldnt have them people would be selfish and drive anyways. They dont care about the law. I bet if we had the paintball idea we would start seeing cars with paint just dumped over them so drivers could cover it up and they wouldbt even care it was obvious. People would also use it in reverse and just tag people they got mad at for passing them at regular speed and not even breaking the law. We just have a world full of ****bags in all walks of life and professions. I dont know why the world is so bad but I do know a Good Book that predicted all of this and as I get older I find myself going back to it more and trying to get right. I've got a lot further to go than some others but I'm trying.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Texting and driving should get a ticket as its against the law. Talking on the cell phone warning for distracted driving unless you are being a dip**** and not watching the road is just wasting the motorist time and the peoples tax money.
    Thank you for the reply though answering my question. That's what I was looking for. If I get pulled over for talking on my cell phone and got even a warning for texting I'll be going in with my 360 dash footage (thanks to an ingoer recommendation) showing he is lying trying to use me to revenue generate.
    I honestly wish we would mandate cameras in and outside of cars (without sound) and cops could instantly have access to them. I'd be fine with it. If I actualy break a rule or law then I'll take my ticket but dont try to just screw with me or waste my time.

I'd like to know the IC code on the ticket your buddy got. The texting while driving IC would certainly not fit.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd like to know the IC code on the ticket your buddy got. The texting while driving IC would certainly not fit.
    I tried to read the whole thing origunaly because I also wanted to look it up, but the officer lightly pressed down towards the end and I couldnt read the last numbers. It actualy says distracted driving too in the notes of I remember right. I'm still wondering if this was intentional because the whole stop seems shady to me. If you can tell anything from the first part of the numbers let me know and I'll get it for you

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    This thread got me thinking about the time my nephew was moving to Tennessee. I was pulling a tandem axle trailer and he was pulling the cattle trailer with the cows. Twice he texted me about stopping to eat. I don't text and drive so I tried calling him, hands free by the way.
    Anyway the dumb butt wouldn't answer the phone. When we stopped I asked him about it and he said he preferred it I texted him. I about went bonkers on him. These young ones don't have a clue.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This thread got me thinking about the time my nephew was moving to Tennessee. I was pulling a tandem axle trailer and he was pulling the cattle trailer with the cows. Twice he texted me about stopping to eat. I don't text and drive so I tried calling him, hands free by the way.
    Anyway the dumb butt wouldn't answer the phone. When we stopped I asked him about it and he said he preferred it I texted him. I about went bonkers on him. These young ones don't have a clue.
    Not just young ones honestly. I've seen old people texting and driving. Blows my mind

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I tried to read the whole thing origunaly because I also wanted to look it up, but the officer lightly pressed down towards the end and I couldnt read the last numbers. It actualy says distracted driving too in the notes of I remember right. I'm still wondering if this was intentional because the whole stop seems shady to me. If you can tell anything from the first part of the numbers let me know and I'll get it for you

yeah pm me whatever you got

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

What kind of a ticket? This isn't one like the seat belt or child seat violations with a very small fine and no points on the license is it?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    yeah pm me whatever you got
    Thanks VUPD for the help.
    For everyone else, the statute I guess was completely written and is the texting while driving statute. They were NOT texting while driving. Even lists "distracted driving" in the notes, not texting. I'm still just shaking my head over this one. Yeah it's a "warning" but if you didnt do anything against the law a warning to some people is just like getting a ticket especialy if its being used to generate money through stops which I dont support.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been stopped a couple of times for driving over the limit. I am sure that I was doing it, so shame on me. The deputy said I didn't have a seat belt on, which I did. I tell them that I am sorry but they are mistaken on the seat belt.

The last one actually said he didn't understand why I would fight a seat belt violation instead of getting a speeding ticket. I replied because I had the belt on.

Got warnings both times... for the speeding. I know of three other people who got tickets for seat belt violations when they swear to me they had them on. That doesn't seem quite right to me.

In my case they were both younger deputies. I just guessed that it was an easier ticket for them, if they chose to do it. I have worn my seat belt long before the law said I had to.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have been stopped a couple of times for driving over the limit. I am sure that I was doing it, so shame on me. The deputy said I didn't have a seat belt on, which I did. I tell them that I am sorry but they are mistaken on the seat belt.

The last one actually said he didn't understand why I would fight a seat belt violation instead of getting a speeding ticket. I replied because I had the belt on.

Got warnings both times... for the speeding. I know of three other people who got tickets for seat belt violations when they swear to me they had them on. That doesn't seem quite right to me.

In my case they were both younger deputies. I just guessed that it was an easier ticket for them, if they chose to do it. I have worn my seat belt long before the law said I had to.

I have been stopped for not wearing my seat belt when I was, in fact, wearing it, without any other reason to stop me. The officer asked me if I had just put it on for his benefit and I replied, truthfully, that I was already wearing it. He said he couldn't see it when I passed, apologized for wasting my time, and let me go.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have been stopped for not wearing my seat belt when I was, in fact, wearing it, without any other reason to stop me. The officer asked me if I had just put it on for his benefit and I replied, truthfully, that I was already wearing it. He said he couldn't see it when I passed, apologized for wasting my time, and let me go.

My wife was been stopped for a perceived seat belt violation. She is short (almost booster seat short) so I wonder how the officer could tell if she was wearing a seatbelt. Being an OR nurse and seeing the potential damage she ALWAYS wears her seatbelt. The officer finally believed her and let her proceed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not a cop so I'm gonna make an untrained and uninformed statement of opinion here. Just making that clear so Frankenstein doesnt pit me with his new bumper ;)
    Two reasons I can see a cop pulling me over for a seatbelts whether I'm wearing it or not. Hes fishing for something else and using it as a tool to get a look at me or in my car potentialy.
    Or hes just a dick. Seriously, this is why cops get a bad rap.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My wife was been stopped for a perceived seat belt violation. She is short (almost booster seat short) so I wonder how the officer could tell if she was wearing a seatbelt. Being an OR nurse and seeing the potential damage she ALWAYS wears her seatbelt. The officer finally believed her and let her proceed.
    Just sad honestly

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've seen a number of people driving newer cars that I know have handsfree in the car, but they have the phone up to their ear instead of using the handsfree. I don't get that. I have either added or had cars with handsfree (bluetooth) since the mid 2000s.

When I have rented cars I always took the time to setup my phone to connect to that car. When I borrow my wife's car (very rare), I setup my phone with her car before going anywhere. I remove it after because her car doesn't like to connect to her phone if I am anywhere near it if I don't.

I dont use the hands free myself because I have to hook it up with blue tooth and I've seen it allows your **** to be hacked. I'm not a technology guru so I dont know how easy it is to happen but it would be my luck it would.
    I linked my phone a couple times to try calls, it will even read texts through my speakers which is cool. The best thing is getting Amazon music from my phone to my car and telling Alexa what song I want. But I dont use any of it anymore.
    My wife uses it in her car a lot.

:tinfoil:
    Call me a luddite but I like the security and reliability of a physical connection and hate talking to inanimate objects. Sure I know my way around a computer and have a rather nice phone but I spent most of the first day I had it turning off the surveillance and automated garbage (all the crap that "makes your life easier integrating your favorite devices and anticipating your wants") making it as close to a dumb phone with a nice screen and some games as I can.

I like physical dials and one function buttons. biggest load of BS is touchscreens for radio and climate control. I hate driving my wife's car because you have to press one button repeatedly to change which vent the air comes out of and look down at the display to see where you're at unless you wait a few seconds each to see what happens. My car has a dial for temp, fan, and location and I can run it blindfolded in full winter garb.

ever get into a rental and look at the bluetooth history?

Another thing that seems to be a truism. The person next to you at the light who is constantly creeping forward a little bit and stopping, creeping forward and stopping - they seem like they're poised to make a race of it but they're almost never even in the game. 9 times out of 10 they're still at the light when I'm about to grab 2nd. :dunno:

Agreed.

totally unrelated note, in a loaner last year the car started beeping at me to go because the guy in front of me was creeping on the red and I didn't go... because the light was red.

I'm just gonna cut myself off or I'll go all day.

Top Bottom