www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Push it out in the street.

Dont think I didnt consider that. LOL But that wouldnt be very Christ-like.

"Gee officer, I have no idea how it got out on the street. And coincidentally, our camera system failed. Waiting on a new hard drive. " :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Long story short, people suck.

impd came out. Not stolen. Officer was able to contact the registered owner. Claims it was sold years ago and never re registered with the state. I was advised it’s ours now and we can do what we want with it. He cant tow if it’s not stolen. :xmad:

anyonr want a free trailer? Just needs two axles and wheels. Lol. Just gotta go through with getting a new title.

so now we have to call and have it towed on our dime. On a flatbed. This isn’t gonna be cheap.

my gut says he never sold it and is disavowing any ownership because he doesn’t want the thing.

And my money is on the "You are correct" side of things.
    People suck. Period.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You guys are thinking too small. Transfer ownership to someone, let them report it stolen. Once it is reported stolen, call ISP and inquire. Once itnpops up stolen, they'll tow it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    so now we have to call and have it towed on our dime. On a flatbed. This isn’t gonna be cheap.

Why? Chain one axle up, put the the 2 best wheels on the axle that is on the ground, and send it. It showed up behind a truck, it can leave behind a truck.

You're probably still going to have to pay to get rid of it at the dump, but transportation shouldn't be a huge issue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why? Chain one axle up, put the the 2 best wheels on the axle that is on the ground, and send it. It showed up behind a truck, it can leave behind a truck.

You're probably still going to have to pay to get rid of it at the dump, but transportation shouldn't be a huge issue.

Thats the problem. It needs new axles They tried to replace parts once because there are shiny new parts on the axle where they tried to fix it once. Now it breaking loose at speed did damage to the other axle as well.

EDIT: Hell, the pivot point where the two sets of leaf springs anchor is held together by a ratchet strap tie down on the damaged side!

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Maybe I'll put a for sale sign on it. It'll get stolen for sure if I do that. LOL

Heh.

Don’t give up hope though. Someone “bequeathed“ an enclosed utility trailer to us on the business property. It had been in an accident, hit by a semi from behind while being towed, the axle was bent so that the wheel on one side pointed in, the doors were broken off, and it was full of crap.

I filled out a couple forms for the Texas and Mississippi equivalents of the department of motor vehicles with the apparent identification numbers and license plate that were on it to see if they could find an owner. That cost me less than $10 for both searches. One of them came back with a possible owner out in West Texas. I called her on the phone and then wrote her a letter asking if it was her trailer and if she wanted it back. On the phone she sounded scared ****less that I had found her, and never answered the letter I sent her. (From her story I’m pretty sure she sold the trailer I never thought she’d hear about it again). That cost me a little bit of time and some postage.

I put the trailer up for sale on storagetreasures.com (because the business is a self storage facility) for a couple weeks, including a description of its painful history and pictures of the damage, and I’ll be damned if some guy from Austin didn’t buy that piece of junk, and paid a whole lot more than that I would have ever dreamed.

The guy showed up, paid for it, took a look at it and then went out and bought a replacement axle and then spent a good part of one day jacking it up and putting the new axle on. Then he towed it off. I gave him a form off the DMV website that described the search for the owner I had conducted and the fact that a potential owner would not reply, plus a copy of the bill of sale, and he could take that to the local DMV office and get a title in his name. He never came back and complained to me so I assume either he was successful getting it titled and registration or possibly more likely ignored the legal business completely. It was small enough that under Texas law it didn’t require a title anyway, only registration, And I know for a fact that there are a lot of trailers in Texas running around with plates that have nothing to do with that trailer.

if your church has the money to pay somebody to haul it off and you want it gone quickly, more power to you, but if you have some time and you wanna see if you can save a buck, you might check with the DMV about legally selling the thing. If it does require a title to be on the road, then like someone pointed out upstream you may need to do this anyway just to be able to scrap it.

Good luck.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thats the problem. It needs new axles They tried to replace parts once because there are shiny new parts on the axle where they tried to fix it once. Now it breaking loose at speed did damage to the other axle as well.

EDIT: Hell, the pivot point where the two sets of leaf springs anchor is held together by a ratchet strap tie down on the damaged side!

This all sounds fine to get it to the dump... :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe I'll put a for sale sign on it. It'll get stolen for sure if I do that. LOL

impd came out. Not stolen. Officer was able to contact the registered owner. Claims it was sold years ago and never re registered with the state. I was advised it’s ours now and we can do what we want with it. He cant tow if it’s not stolen.

Craigslist that sucker free pickup. It will probably be gone this weekend.

Top Bottom