• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I know who you are talking about, he was the DNR's public enemy No. 1 for many years. Always with the ginseng and furs. They set up a controlled buy of an "untanned beaver" on him one time. He is dead now.

damn.
    Thats harsh to kill him.

I would have have guessed a fine, or maybe jail time.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Late 80's a park ranger walked into a park restroom where the principal of an Evansville school was servicing another gentleman. The gentleman claimed the principal just dropped to his knees and started and he was too afraid to stop him.

Does anyone remember when parks were safe place to go with family?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    People wonder why you should be legally carrying a firearm when you do the woods or hike? This stuff happens and most times you don't hear of it. Better to also bring a fixed blade knife to intimidate any "accidental bumps." Sad page for society.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I worked for the DNR during the Summer months back when I was in school. The parking lots around Lake Monroe and the primitive bathrooms that were there saw a lot of action from the alternative lifestyle crowd. I was kind of a punk back in my younger days, and when I acted up at work, my boss would make me do maintenance on those bathrooms as punishment. I plugged a lot of "glory holes" over the course of four Summers.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They did one down here on the east side... Skiles Test Park.

Protip: Dont back into the spaces there. That's apparently the signal that you arent there to go hiking.

When I moved to Indiana, I was not aware of that "signal". It was a sunny spring day and I wanted to get out of the house so I checked out the local park in Howard County, backed into the parking spot and started to read the paper and enjoy a cup of coffee. Two guys pulled in next to me to make "conversation" and a third one walked up on foot. I was not impressed and got out of there. At work the next day, my co-workers informed me that I was in a gay pick-up spot and that backed in means I am looking for a date. I am generally not naive, but it is a shame you cannot just go to a park and enjoy the sunshine.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    When I moved to Indiana, I was not aware of that "signal". It was a sunny spring day and I wanted to get out of the house so I checked out the local park in Howard County, backed into the parking spot and started to read the paper and enjoy a cup of coffee. Two guys pulled in next to me to make "conversation" and a third one walked up on foot. I was not impressed and got out of there. At work the next day, my co-workers informed me that I was in a gay pick-up spot and that backed in means I am looking for a date. I am generally not naive, but it is a shame you cannot just go to a park and enjoy the sunshine.

I'll tell you, a guy would be lucky to get out of it with only a cracked skull if he reached out and tried to touch my junk. If a snake snuck through a glory hole next to me, a bic lighter might do the trick, for that scenario.

If it is two consenting adults, they can go get a room or go to one of their homes, and stay the hell away from these public areas. I'm pretty Libertarian with people's right to do as they please in the privacy of their own place, but this kind of behavior on public, family friendly property crosses the line, for me.

I'm a fisherman, and fortunately, it is hard to back into a spot with a boat trailer. I'd hate to have not read this thread and found out the hard way....(no pun intended there!)

I'm also guessing that having my fishing buddies (kids) there would rule me out of their sights, too. I would say I'm too ugly for them, but looking at those mug shots makes me think maybe not.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I had a State Cop friend I road with 25 years ago. They were doing the same thing in that exact same place outside Woodburn back then also. We headed out that way to find several cars parked in the small parking area. We went a little ways down the path and found the first two victims. Seemed that one had tripped and fallen and landed clean on top of the other guys junk. He had me act official and hold them at gun point while he rounded up the other six that had either tripped or were in the process of falling! He brought them back to the original falling place, made them all give him ID, took pictures and wrote down their info. He then went and took pictures of them standing by their cars. He then told them if he ever caught them here again, they would be leaving by an ambulance. They all were excused. Later that afternoon we stopped at a local festival in New Haven and saw one of the victims walking with with his wife? Talk about a scared surprised look. These guys go do this stuff on their lunch hour and go home after work to their families. We also found a few fallen victims at Franke Park at lunch time another day. He told me a family had flagged him down one day and stated they had been run out of the restrooms one day, thus the reason for his vigilant campaign. Enough

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    People wonder why you should be legally carrying a firearm when you do the woods or hike? This stuff happens and most times you don't hear of it. Better to also bring a fixed blade knife to intimidate any "accidental bumps." Sad page for society.

Well said. I carry on most hikes I take my family on... There are frequent questions about what sort of an issue am I expecting in the forest.

I take my kids fishing all the time. I cant imagine what I would do if I ran into a couple pleasuring each other in the restroom.

What have things come down to? Trolling for gay sex at the local DNR access sites? What happened to gay bars?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well said. I carry on most hikes I take my family on... There are frequent questions about what sort of an issue am I expecting in the forest.

I take my kids fishing all the time. I cant imagine what I would do if I ran into a couple pleasuring each other in the restroom.

What have things come down to? Trolling for gay sex at the local DNR access sites? What happened to gay bars?

Gay bars are old school, with all the recent enlightenment and acceptance from society they can go where they want and do what they want, those DNR guys are just discriminating bigots interfering with their lifestyle. Sounds like Obama needs to send in a federal civil rights probe.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I lean a little bit libertarian and even I can't come up with a way to defend these shenanigans.

Exactly. It's not like it's hard to find a motel room or something.

.... and I almost always back into parking spots.

what do these losers think when a woman backs into a parking spot??

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gay bars are old school, with all the recent enlightenment and acceptance from society they can go where they want and do what they want, those DNR guys are just discriminating bigots interfering with their lifestyle. Sounds like Obama needs to send in a federal civil rights probe.

Sounds like there was more than enough "probing" going on... :):

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I have a good view of wilbur wright when the fields are empty. I always figured it was drugs being sold when i seen non hunters parked at odd hours. Makes me second guess looking through binoculars to see whats going on..........

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Exactly. It's not like it's hard to find a motel room or something.

.... and I almost always back into parking spots.

what do these losers think when a woman backs into a parking spot??

62203052.jpg

Top Bottom