• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How do you come up with a 'battery' charge for this? These 'undercover' guys go hang out with a bunch of guys who are known to do this in a place where they're known to do it [consensually], then press charges for battery?

My guess is that the officer who got stroked never explicitly gave consent....and that would be a battery.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So you are saying that we need an "implied consent" statute in cases like this. I like where you are going with that.

Well I say that when you know what guys are doing when they gather there (which clearly they did), and then you follow a guy "deeper" into the woods...there's no "how could he possibly think I would be up (so to speak) for that?"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well I say that when you know what guys are doing when they gather there (which clearly they did), and then you follow a guy "deeper" into the woods...there's no "how could he possibly think I would be up (so to speak) for that?"

Within the context of the situation (and setting aside personal feelings about impropriety or gross-ness), how is this any different from someone on a date, getting rejected for a goodnight kiss, or trying to cop a feel during a kiss, etc.? It's really not a far stretch to go from these dudes "deeper" in the woods, to a co-ed with buyer's remorse after a night of hooking up, who then cries rape.

Is this really the best way to use law enforcement? If they're doing it out in the open where others can see, or they're enticing young boys, or something like that? Sure. But this? They're grown, consenting adults.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Within the context of the situation (and setting aside personal feelings about impropriety or gross-ness), how is this any different from someone on a date, getting rejected for a goodnight kiss, or trying to cop a feel during a kiss, etc.? It's really not a far stretch to go from these dudes "deeper" in the woods, to a co-ed with buyer's remorse after a night of hooking up, who then cries rape.

While I'm being contrarian for the comedic value, I agree with you on this.

Is this really the best way to use law enforcement? If they're doing it out in the open where others can see, or they're enticing young boys, or something like that? Sure. But this? They're grown, consenting adults.

If this activity is impeding the use of the area for its intended purpose, I don't have an issue with moving the guys on...but inevitably to another location. Isn't this what Craigslist is for?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

All good points.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I think the problem is that on public park, DNR property etc, basically anywhere is "out in the open".
    It's also obviously inappropriate use of the restroom. Public facilities do have defined uses. If you wanted to hold your kids' birthday party in the public restroom (all grossness and contaminated cake aside), you are occupying that restroom and deterring its normal use.

Guys doing deeds in the woods that our society considers "private" serves to chase other people off the public property.

I don't give a darn what they do but they should rent a property for matters considered private.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'll tell you, a guy would be lucky to get out of it with only a cracked skull if he reached out and tried to touch my junk. If a snake snuck through a glory hole next to me, a bic lighter might do the trick, for that scenario.

I don't know why, but the image of a "snake" through a "glory hole" with a hat pin stuck through it kind of comes to mind! OUCH, and he wouldn't be able to get out of there!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Guys doing deeds in the woods that our society considers "private" serves to chase other people off the public property.

forget the morality for a moment. You're putting at risk every joke that has "How far is the Olde Log Inn?" as part of the setup.

A generation of young folks who haven't heard those jokes isn't a happy future.

Think of the children.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't know why, but the image of a "snake" through a "glory hole" with a hat pin stuck through it kind of comes to mind! OUCH, and he wouldn't be able to get out of there!

I know of a location where a tongue got stuck through one of those holes and the owner now speaks with forked tongue. . .

Thanks to a real sharp pen knife.:rockwoot:

They call him snake now.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County

Serious? It sounds like these guys were not too far into the woods. I take my kids for hikes all the time. It would be the worst to stumble onto 2 dudes getting it on..... It seems like good use of law enforcement too me. Doesnt seem like it was much of an effort to net the group.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    There are a number of DNR fishing areas I would otherwise take my kids fishing at but don't want to have to explain what that man is doing to that other man. It royally pisses me off that taxpayer funded property is overrun with public sex acts of a criminal nature.

Top Bottom