• ...and so much more!
  • southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    I have a couple of knives.

The only one I normally carry is my Leatherman's tool. It's a real Leatherman and not a Knock off.

I also have a Buck 110 (I know, old school), that I bought after basic training. I carried this knife 24/7 for the whole time I was in the Army, and it went with me to Panama and Iraq. I still carry it occasionally.

I also have a Buck 119 fixed blade hunting knife that I use when hunting or out in the woods for whatever reason.

I also have a Kobalt box cutter like the one pictured earlier that I use for work. That one normally stays in my tool pouch though.
    Yes it is, but mine was my Grandfather's, and I carry it, keep it polished, oiled, and sharp.
    Little big for the pocket, but in the pouch it's just about right.
    I'm getting old school just like he was, but it's with me all the time like he is.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    EDC is a CRKT Full Throttle with assisted opening (plane costs extra.)
    I love it! Flick - it's open.

CR1081.jpg

In the vehicle console I have a CRKT M16-12Z. Non assist but it flicks open pretty easy as well. This one has extra locking feature to give extra stability like fixed blade when open.

H_CRM16_12Z.jpg

Also in the console is a Leatherman Wave.

At work I carry an older Leatherman and Husky razor blade knife on belt.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Carry one every day, and a move around between about 3 edc knives depending on what I think I should have for the occasion. Carry a small Kershaw Chive at a minimum every day and it is assisted open. For bigger carry I have a CRKT Hawk D.O.G. that I love and it is VERY solid, but it can be a little big but it still carrys well. Spyderco Navive for inbetween use.

I have my eye on a couple of new Kershaws coming soon that I want, and I would like a Kershaw R.A.M. which is made by the same designer as the D.O.G. that I have now, but it is a little smaller and looks perfect to me. I also want a Benchmade mini griptillian, and..... well I like knives and want a lot so I can quit there I suppose. :)

I want to show photos of a couple of my fixed blades, I need to get my camera and take a couple photos, we need a section for knives on here! :cool:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If anyone here is looking for knife now, or in the future, check out my knife page at ShooterBasix.

I have access to nearly all of the big names - Emerson, Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT, Buck, Boker and more.

Dave

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Spyderco Tenacious or a SOG Flash One for EDC.

My Spyderco Tenacious was a huge disappointment. The mechanical parts of the knife are great. It's well designed, well built, and solid. Unfortunately the blade steel is ... crap ... at least on mine as well as several others who talked about them on BladeForums.com.

I'm not sure if mine has a bad heat treatment or if all of them are the same, but "edge holding" is not even applicable to it. I can get it the edge very sharp, but that edge won't even survive opening a letter, much less cutting a decent sized cardboard box into pieces.

If Spyderco would do the blades in AUS8A or something similar, Tenacious would be a huge winner.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    My Spyderco Tenacious was a huge disappointment. The mechanical parts of the knife are great. It's well designed, well built, and solid. Unfortunately the blade steel is ... crap ... at least on mine as well as several others who talked about them on BladeForums.com.

I'm not sure if mine has a bad heat treatment or if all of them are the same, but "edge holding" is not even applicable to it. I can get it the edge very sharp, but that edge won't even survive opening a letter, much less cutting a decent sized cardboard box into pieces.

If Spyderco would do the blades in AUS8A or something similar, Tenacious would be a huge winner.
    Well, the blade on my Tenacious isn't too bad, but I definitely would agree it doesn't hold an edge to well. I can't remember what the steel is on the Tenacious, but the Flash One is AUS8 and it does have a sharper edge.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Randall King phantom reflex.

rk1bp.jpg

As for sharpeners, I have the spiderco sharpmaker. I use it on all my knives and it is the easiest way to keep anything razor sharp.

Top Bottom