• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do Illinois gun laws affect your travel there?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    I love going to Chicago, but feel a little uneasy when I go because I generally always carry. I don't carry when I'm out and about town however, but I haven't had any situations where I felt I was in danger. In conclusion, love Illinois, hate their gun laws!

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That sucks... I haven't been in quite some time and when I did go, I didn't have my LTCH... so yeah, that does suck, now I can't go there. :(

Sorry, but my STOMACH overrules my 2nd Amendment rights.

MMMMMMMMM Lambert rolls RULE!!!!

They are a private establishment and have the right to not allow firearms in their establishment. That doesn't bother me one bit.

Your'e right in saying that you can't go there anymore, if that is your CHOICE. Me, I like to eat and they have GREAT FOOD.

So...It was OK for you to go there BEFORE you had your LTCH??? And now it isn't???

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Where I work, there are times that I must go into IL. I cannot carry on duty, so the law makes no difference on that point. However, whether it is in IL or not, once our transport is completed, my partner and I will often stop somewhere to get a cold drink. When we transport to IL, we wait until we are back in free America to do so.

Correct. He could have sold you a long gun or ammo and for that matter, he could have sold you a handgun as well, had you had a IN FFL he could ship it to for you to pick up once you returned home.

Personally, I think he did you a favor. He kept you from spending money in the People's Republic of Ill-annoy.

Blessings,
    Bill

I like that...People's Republic of Ill-annoy. :)::rockwoot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    In my opinion Illinois is a nanny state run by a Cook County dictator. The so called government in Springfield is cowed by the power of the Chicago machine and always has been. Nothing will change until representatives from the rest of the State grow a pair and start representing the people residing outside of Chicago. :rolleyes: :twocents:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    When my girlfreind went to Colarado I booked her ticket from indy and spent over an extra hour eachway, rather than using Midway or O'hair. I'm not that far from Chicago but I avoid IL. like the plague. I chose "only when I have to and I never spend money" because once in a while I have to pick someone up at the airport. Why would I spend money in a state that I think would go commy if they could.

:+1: on that situation. My parents scheduled their trip to San Antonio last summer through Indy rather than Chicago. Chicago is a shorter drive from Elkhart as well (for the OP, Elkhart and Mishawaka are neighbors)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry, but my STOMACH overrules my 2nd Amendment rights.

MMMMMMMMM Lambert rolls RULE!!!!

They are a private establishment and have the right to not allow firearms in their establishment. That doesn't bother me one bit.

Your'e right in saying that you can't go there anymore, if that is your CHOICE. Me, I like to eat and they have GREAT FOOD.

So...It was OK for you to go there BEFORE you had your LTCH??? And now it isn't???

Nah, honestly, I'll probably still go. The food is too good. I'll just CC. ;)

Top Bottom