• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    I’m afraid of bad advice from people that wish to see me as a skell. As a pleb ripe to pay my dollars on a class...

lawyer up. And expect it to likely be one of the most expensive fights of my life.

Was it taught by a defense attorney? Convince you that a non lawyer could never use force and be able to decide what to do after without an attorney to do it for him? Oh, and by the way..have you already convinced AND willing to pay him a butt load of money to do it!?

If so, that's your choice.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My theory on getting held up. You're most likely going to get shot so the person can get away. It's been a common thing in the news, person gets what they want and shoots anyway.
    You present your gun, and it's not going to be a standoff. They're definitely going to shoot now to get away. Only thing you can hope for is them being stunned long enough to get a couple rounds off. If you don't have the balls to shoot, odds are better for you if you don't present your weapon because they will shoot you for sure in about 2 seconds when they realize you won't. I will have my day in court, not on a slab.
    I don’t think that you are picking up what was being put down?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve taken a use of force class, actually two. I received contradictory information from each! One was taught by current and former homicide investigators, the other by attorneys. Lawyer up and shut up/vs. make a brief statement and then lawyer up. Also, my FoF classes instilled in me to be the one to call 911, but give limited info, such as I was attacked, I need Police and EMS at....I’m more confused after the classes, than I was before. So, I purchased CCW Insurance, or in INGO parlance Larry Carry butt cover. I will make a small statement to police identifying myself or the one I protected as the victim, and then lawyer up. So much contradiction in this realm of training, I’m not sure it’s wotyh paying for?

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    I’ve taken a use of force class, actually two. I received contradictory information from each! One was taught by current and former homicide investigators, the other by attorneys. Lawyer up and shut up/vs. make a brief statement and then lawyer up. Also, my FoF classes instilled in me to be the one to call 911, but give limited info, such as I was attacked, I need Police and EMS at....I’m more confused after the classes, than I was before. So, I purchased CCW Insurance, or in INGO parlance Larry Carry butt cover. I will make a small statement to police identifying myself or the one I protected as the victim, and then lawyer up. So much contradiction in this realm of training, I’m not sure it’s wotyh paying for?

I get what you are saying and I agree there is a lot of contradiction, however I don't see it as unique to this topic. I see it in every aspect of my training and teaching; Bjj, knife, firearms, evo, active shooter, you name it there's contradiction. In my opinion, a lot of that has to do with one way of thinking being repeated loud enough and often enough people take it as gospel.

I always tell my clients to train with as many different instructors as they can. Become as knowledgeable as possible on a subject, then you can better sort out what is worthwhile and what is BS or just doesn't apply to them.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Contradictory advice is common.
    If one trainer tells you something go somewhere else until you hear what you want to hear.

Not just on law but everything else.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Pretty much. May want to add the knife/gun the bad guy used is over there in the bushes, or whatever would be appropriate.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Which part was the bad advice? [from 'clay pidgeon']
    To just lawyer up and expect to pay a very expensive lawyer tab.
    That sounds like getting a doctor and expecting a big bill because I have some medical emergency. I wouldn't dream of representing myself

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this thread and I've been avoiding it since I first saw it posted. Despite being very confused, I must say, somehow it's going pretty much exactly the way I expected it would be.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    All I know is beware the dark side... it's quicker, easier, more seductive.
    For once you start down the dark path forever will in dominate your destiny.
    Consume you it will.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    36bb12c4360f850b-eating-popcorn-gossip-gif-shared-by-zarne-on-gifer.gif

Top Bottom