• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You mean my Oly arms, PTAC builds, and Anderson builds aren't the same quality as a BCM or DD rifle? Because if you actually try to sell one for what it's worth, I will PM you and tell you that I can buy a Smith Sport for $500 and you should sell me your BCM for $500, after all they do the same thing right?

You get that to huh.......:):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Agreed, BCM is where it's at. There are other good companies out there, but BCM is my go to, and you could say I'm a fanboy. Love their stuff! I'm wanting to get at least 3 more of their uppers. I've got a BCM lower that's getting a form 1 submitted on it too :cool:. Can't wait to have a slick little BCM SBR!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Moral of this story: People are cheap, very very very cheap and love to say "My $500 rifle shoots just as good as your $1500 rifle" well they say that until their PSA special bites the dust and my LWRC keeps on trucking. Also "good enough" might not be good enough to get you home one day, firearms are an area to never cheap out on.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^ I totally know the people you are talking about!

I do agree that I'd rather have quality stuff. I also agree that the PSA specials are not of the best quality (PTAC). But I will also say that I have a PSA that happens to be the rifle I've had to longest, that is of their high quality stuff and it's been run much harder than my BCM and it's never quit (When I was in College building a PSA over time was my only option). I will also admit that I'm not super hard on my stuff and that I don't shoot 5k+ rounds a year though several rifles like I wish I could either. I do shoot a lot more than most "shooters" though, and my rifles see much more use than most.

The people who want to buy a $500 rifle and say that though are always the cheap ones who buy the ptac and other crap on there, and put the cheapest junkiest BCG in it they can find. I know exactly what you mean. I won't put down some people's stuff though. To be honest I've seen "cheap stuff" i.e. not a BCM, Colt, LWRC or any of the other big names out there rifles like a PSA go through a weekend course of well over 1k rounds of fire and keep on trucking. I most certainly would never put down said rifles.

I think if someone is serious though and will train, practice and shoot their rifles, spending an extra 3-400 is beyond worth it. The big thing is most people buy a rifle and it just sits for the most part. It's not worth the extra 3-400 dollars because the rifle will never see 3-400 in ammo even go through it. Sad truth.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Moral of this story: People are cheap, very very very cheap and love to say "My $500 rifle shoots just as good as your $1500 rifle" well they say that until their PSA special bites the dust and my LWRC keeps on trucking. Also "good enough" might not be good enough to get you home one day, firearms are an area to never cheap out on.

I guess it depends what use you have in mind for your gun.
    Cheap might be good enough to go plinking twice a year but not good enough as a "go to war" gun.

Cheap guns introduce new people to firearms so in my opinion they are needed just as much as the more expensive stuff.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    BCM all the way :rockwoot:

I'm pretty much done building uppers and will only buy BCM uppers.

I'm not impressed with Colt, DPMS, Smiths higher quality AR's are good, Anderson, especially PSA. I've seen some really poor example of PSA's.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is so hard to keep up. It doesn't seem that long ago that all the experts said the top choices were ABC, Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is so hard to keep up. It doesn't seem that long ago that all the experts said the top choices were ABC, Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt.
    As long as I've been in the AR game, Bushmaster has never been in the top tier of rifles. But hey, parts is parts, they're all made in the same place, just as good as...the first one to ZERO wins the interwebz!

Top Bottom