• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Well DSC was shown to be pretty much a bad deal after just a couple of posts, so something needed to be done with it, and it's still about shaving better for less money...which was the OP's goal. ;)

Indeed, the following was the advice you "purists" gave me!!!

Something like this...

Blood_covered_shower_2_by_DarkStory.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm about to shave with a safety razor for the very first time.

I'm alive!!! No blood, no irritation, and pretty damn smooth with the Dorco blade that came with the razor (Feathers and sample pack yet to arrive). I'll definitely be ordering an adjustable Gillette in the near future!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't have a clue who makes the best new safety razor, but it's hard to beat a vintage Gillette off of Ebay. :twocents:

You can get a like new razor that is 60 years old and in perfect condition for under $30.

Thanks for making me a shaving nerd... Now I waste time on Badger and Blade as well as INGO. :facepalm:

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I have been using the Edwin Jagger De86bl for over a year. I switched to Personna blades about 5 months ago. Cheap, easy to use, and a great shave.
    [h=1][/h]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A friend surprised me by mailing this to me after learning of my new safety razor. I think I'll wait awhile before giving it a shot, looks a bit intimidating.

imagejpg1_zpsc9a43b36.jpg

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    A friend surprised me by mailing this to me after learning of my new safety razor. I think I'll wait awhile before giving it a shot, looks a bit intimidating.

Wooohooo! Straight razors! At least you wouldn't have to worry about honing and stropping with replaceable blades. Here is my WWI era German razor that I picked up for a few dollars at an antique store and refurbished.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wooohooo! Straight razors! At least you wouldn't have to worry about honing and stropping with replaceable blades. Here is my WWI era German razor that I picked up for a few dollars at an antique store and refurbished.

I'm mildly terrified at the concept of a straight razor shave.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Those multi blade gizmos don't do well at all on this Brillo pad without a zillion passes then the painful ingrown hairs appear. When I do shave it is with a safety razor which mostly eliminates them with only one pass and voila! A nice, clean shave. I use the safety razor on my neck for now. I know of some guys with seriously thick facial hair who either grow a beard or when they don't always look like they have a 5 day growth after just shaving with those "normal" razors.

beard.jpg

Top Bottom